Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Mariah Carey to be dropped from Epic?

yxi

Featured Posts

Yesterday — Monday– I caught word that Epic Records is very unhappy with Mariah. That recent single, called “I Don’t,” was a total failure. It was also a total surprise to Epic. They were sent the track all completed, with no forewarning from Carey’s camp that it was coming, I am told. They hadn’t heard it. “We were just told to put it out,” says a source. So they did. And it flopped.

Now my sources say Epic chief L.A. Reid is considering dropping Mariah from the label. In the time since she signed with him, Carey has had two singles– “I Don’t” and “Infinity.” They were not sellers, and didn’t get played on radio. There is no work being done toward an album, and no conversations are taking place between Epic and Carey’s team.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2017/02/28/exclusive-mariah-carey-may-be-dropped-by-epic-records-failed-single-was-a-surprise-to-them

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gaga Monster

A surprise? Mariah is over and has been for a while now, she isn't a single, album, or tour seller.

Her last record flopped, last singles flopped, and her and Lionel Richies tour sales were absolutely horrific and the tickets were 50% Off, no one wanted them

GGD Presidential Elections

Katharine Hepburn

Her management is bad and Mariah isn't trying. If she wants to be successful again she needs to have a record that has a point and commit to getting amazing vocal performances we got from back in the day :grr:

xoxo Joanne

ARTGOD

I don't believe anything this article said, reeks of bs. She is like the only big name they have, and I Don't was just a digital release with minimal promo (a cheap video and one live performance which I supposed they didn't pay for), they mustn't have had any big commercial expectations and no real money to lose, #1 to Infinity may have been riskier for them but I believe that sold decently, if anything they could be mad that she's only released two singles in the two years she's been signed and there's no album in sight.

YeehawKylie

Unreliable, but the song did come and go within an hour. She needs a new manager. An E! Reality show, failed NYE performance, and poor selling single aren't a good look. :awkney:

PunkTheFunk
5 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

A surprise? Mariah is over and has been for a while now, she isn't a single, album, or tour seller.

Her last record flopped, last singles flopped, and her and Lionel Richies tour sales were absolutely horrific and the tickets were 50% Off, no one wanted them

tumblr_inline_mvtff7Uwzr1qbmtq2_zps905b3

FATCAT
7 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

Purr more, hiss less.

18 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

I wish she would reinvent herself musically

juju

I read this title as "Mariah Carey to Drop another Epic single" :awkney::gum: 

❤ x ❤

malazam

Mariah Carey ft Maluma confirmed.

another shot before we kiss the other side

Xoxo Adriana

I don't blame them for putting up with her, she released the song thinking it would sell because "she's  mariah carey" but it wasn't really that good tbh...:emma:

Dont hate me I am actually a massive fan, and have all her albums, but since "Me I Am" she hasn't really produced anything to the "Mariah" standard I know. Last good hit was "Obsessed" which isn't even her biggest hit

Archived