💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

L.A.M.B. Results Ceremony

PeterPan

Featured Posts

Hello participants and those who are joining on the party. Welcome to the "Love, Angel, Music, Baby" Results Ceremony for Gwen Stefani's trend setting debut solo album!

gwen_stefani_love_angel_music_baby__by_m

FINAL RESULTS:

1. What You Waiting For?  9.95
2. Cool                                  9.23
3. Hollaback Girl                8.86
4. Danger Zone                  8.63
5. Rich Girl                         7.94
6. Serious                           7.75
7. The Real Thing              7.73
8. Harajuku Girls            7.63
9. Crash                            7.40
10. Bubblepop Electric   7.26
11. Luxurious                    7.10
12. Long Way To Go       6.60

tumblr_nssnvp1PCO1qe6ipro1_500.giftumblr_nsd5bxbpc01sjc5sqo1_500.gif

Put on your best Gwen Outfit and join the party!

Here's mine: 

ee1f08a665bef06fb61f5cf0b006a498.jpg

Let's Get This started

Thank you for your votes guys!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig

So this is the results? I dont remember you giving any warning:oprah::sweat:

End Racism Now

Just now, Craig Barnes said:

So this is the results? I dont remember you giving any warning:oprah::sweat:

I know.  But I won't actually have solid hours the next few days so I decided heh let's get this party started Wednesday night lol

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Adampervez said:

Omfg I've been waiting for this :giveup:

So has your avi:ladyhaha::sharon:

End Racism Now

juju

The queen lamb is here for the party.

MTM4MDU3ODY2MzEyNDI3Mzcx.gif

Praying y'all had sense and the top 5 are Serious, Luxurious, Crash, WYWF, and Cool.

❤ x ❤

juju

All the songs are solid, but if one has to leave first, please be The Real Thing. :air: 

❤ x ❤

Album Synopsis

L.A.M.B. has it's high points and low points, and it is what it is thanks to it's singles, kinda like Teenage Dream (hey, i'm not comparing them; just pointing out that without it's singles, there are no many interesting songs to listen to; and that doesn't happen with, idk, COADF, BTW, which are huge pieces of work; not just a bunch of quick little singles). The thing is that while TD offers many singles that sound the same, and have the same style (visually, lyrically); L.A.M.B. offers 5 singles of different genre, imagery & production; and it stills sounds cohesive. Gwen maintains her signature style through every song. Not every album can reflect that.

This is what made Gwen so unique back then; she appeared so fast, with an incredible creativity, with brand new sounds and such diversity, aesthetically attractive & smart music videos, that she turned the pop world upside down. She was on her own league, despite being in the pop game for few years and having no experience (her first pop solo album). The album, musically and visually (not only by her music videos but also by the cover) is deeply weird, but hypnotizing at the same time. You just can't stop watching and listening. It talks about Tokyo's culture (Harajuku Girls (ha Grigio Girls i guess)), which appears and influences kinda everything on this album/era (songs, images, music videos, fashion lines; lyrics (they're mentioned on WYWF, RG) - as you can see, this is all about Gwen's tastes. She expressed herself and talked about whatever the **** she wanted to); it has pop songs with huge influences of EDM (What You Waiting For); Reggae (Rich Girl); Hip Hop (Hollaback Girl); R&B (Luxurious) & Synthpop (Cool, Danger Zone). All of that, in just one album, that Gwen thought no one wanted to listen, and that she wasn't capable of compose. I can't think of another album that defined more the pop landscape of the following years (post 2005) that L.A.M.B. The Dutchess by Fergie, anyone? Loose by Nelly Furtado? and, yes...The Fame, by Lady Gaga? Please, watch LA.M.B.'s discography; then go watch Paparazzi. You'll see. Gaga took it to another level, yes, but the original creator of the outrageous / weird trend (without trying; not even knowing she was making such a huge impact) is Miss. Gwen Stefani. A pop culture event back then, a massive legacy that we saw reflected in Gaga, and we still see and hear today. A game changer, which is not often recognized as it should. by @MisterGaga

Adampervez
1 minute ago, jujubae said:

All the songs are solid, but if one has to leave first, please be The Real Thing. :air: 

What is this blasphemy

juju
Just now, Adampervez said:

What is this blasphemy

Hey, I don't want any of them to leave. I had to pick one. If anything this should be a draw with every song ranked #1, because the album is and has always been perfect and that's the tea!

tumblr_mk1zo5tBFl1rkx4bao1_500.gif

❤ x ❤

Archived