opinion

3rd Single Debate

Decodekid

3rd Single   

724 members have voted

1. 1. Next Single

Featured Posts

Economy

INB4 she pulls a Sia and releases thos track from the next re-release then goes back to releasing a song from the original release :rip: 

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arcanum

Conceptual Million Reasons EP a la Slave to the Rhythm incoming. :reductive:

Bow down to pray for the zillionth time. :pray:

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

On 4/16/2017 at 4:54 PM, Givenchy said:

The idea of a 3rd single should be forgotten. Let's face it, Joanne did not work. Whether you call it pop with country influences, pure country, rock, or whatever it is, it doesn't sound like Lady Gaga and if it did, it would've resonated with the public and fans. The album did sell, but it's because her name is attached to it. So of course it will. It's not a horrible album, but it's not a Lady Gaga album either. The cover promised minimalism and simplicity and the album itself ended up being quite convoluted in terms of its identity.

I listened to it, I wanted to like it so much, but it's just not me and definitely not what I liked Gaga for. I could enjoy an album like that or some tracks of it from Avril Lavigne or Shania Twain, but not Lady Gaga.

All that aside, commercially, it did not live up to her past successes and the style of the songs did not leave her many options to get creative with the performances. The Super Bowl and the response to it is a proof that the public is interested in that type of singer, not the one she presented in Joanne, which is obviously why she did Coachella focusing on her past hits, and introducing a new song, instead of announcing a new single at the Superbowl from Joanne and taking advantage of the promo. By that time, she obviously realized that the era is beyond over.

Releasing The Cure now is a brilliant idea and it's a wonderful song and a true return to form. I wish her all the best with it and I truly hope she makes an EP that include The Cure.

i really think gaga was playing fake person during joanne era and didn't like it at all BTS

so she called up detroit city and said Hey Lets Assasinate dis bitch

That's Gossip

XMonsterMonster

Is this thread still irrelevant? :hor:

I am almost sure that we won't get any singles from Joanne.

tumblr_lqanb8cJxq1qdlkgg.gif

Stream The Cure on Spotify :creepflop:

tinashesglory
20 hours ago, BrianxRyan said:

John Wayne was the third single. 

No, it wasn't. Gaga said it herself.

Brian Ryan
6 hours ago, tinashesglory said:

Might as well be. 

• 2 weeks later...
beboskoukla

i think diamond heart or Dancin in circles would fit the most. especially aftre John Wayne music video. :firega:

xoxo, Katarina

rawrimamonster
On 4/22/2017 at 2:12 PM, tinashesglory said:

I kinda think they were planning on shelving MR and going straight to John Wayne for the next single after the Super Bowl but then MR sold way more copies than they thought so at the last minute decided to continue with MR and skip John Wayne. It seems weird that they'd make a MV without at least thinking of it being a single at some point. Always seems like Gaga's team has drama over picking the singles...

herassisfamous
On 2/28/2017 at 3:05 AM, LetsGetHigh said:

I'm team GoodSongThatDoesntSuckAndThatWillNotFlopSoHardOnRadio and that's DIC. A-NO will simply be Gaga's biggest flop, even outdoing 'G.U.Y.', fact.

UaJ5Gkd.gif

Even outdoing *Perfect Illusion. FACT

All we need is love

Cody Draco

I think Joanne (song) is the crown jewel of her discography. Absolutely timeless and emotional. On par with The Edge of Glory. I would love to see it get a single treatment. :pray:

River

I'm team Forget About The 3rd Single Because It's Not Going To Happen, The Era's Singles Are Over!!!

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

moonpig8400

Everyone that I have played the title track to, JOANNE, has said, omg, that's absolutely beautiful 

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived