💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you know what a Reverse-Warholian Experience is?

JustAnotherDay

?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• I knew sweetie
    • I didn't know sweetie

Featured Posts

JustAnotherDay

We all know of the famous Reverse-Warholian Experience quote by Gaga that has often been joked about. But I never understood what it meant, until now.

Andy Warhol was known for taking popular culture and putting it into fine art. He was one of the leaders of the Pop Art movement (sound familiar). 

5da646a179e1e1d31cad2c90185be045.jpg soup3.jpg?w=1112 

So a Reverse Warholian Experience is the opposite of what Warhol did. Putting fine art into popular culture. Something Gaga had done her entire career.

Lady+Gaga+channels+Mona+Lisa+ZYCyMPNNEh4 article-2477610-19013BC300000578-670_306 29a8bccacacd6f24d008a7b3b72ab54c.jpg 

So, did you guys know this? Am I stating the obvious? Let me know your thoughts on the phrase and what she was talking about. :staymad:

xoxo, Hoeanne

was NickARTPOP

It's not really a confusing concept, it's Gaga's explanation that made it super hard to understand

kpI0P.gif

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

AlphaMonster

I didn't know but I just learnt. That was an amazingly concise explanation for such expression,
Thank You :kara:

SpookyKid
2 minutes ago, Red said:

It's not really a confusing concept, it's Gaga's explanation that made it super hard to understand

kpI0P.gif

This :air: 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

KevinLeto

I found out about it recently reading posts here on GGD :unicorn:

I'm the spirit of my hair, it's all the glory that I bare

Just now, SpookyKid said:

This :air: 

I don't know why but American Horror Story did wonders to the way Gaga turns her thoughts into words, before AHS, every interview she gave I was like "???? wat dis g0rl even sayin" and now everything is so eloquent and I'm proud of ha

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

SpookyKid
Just now, Red said:

I don't know why but American Horror Story did wonders to the way Gaga turns her thoughts into words, before AHS, every interview she gave I was like "???? wat dis g0rl even sayin" and now everything is so eloquent and I'm proud of ha

the ARTPOP era was a mess when it came to interviews :air: 

Spoiler

specially

maxresdefault.jpg

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Green Detox

Andy warhol used pop culture to represent his art (paintings, sculptures), Gaga used art(visuals) for her pop music. So she's basically ARTPOPPING her entire career, it's just that the Art part got a literal emphasis on the ARTPOP era

Green Detox
5 minutes ago, neptugne said:

It is..... everything. 

It is.... the whole universe.

It's the mountain, it's the air you breath. :giveup:

Archived