Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
other

Beyonce - B'Day [Megarate Ceremony]

juju

Featured Posts

juju

THANK YOU to the 9 people who have submitted rates! :hor: 
A few more I'd like to get scores from, but there is still time! As of right now the cut-off date is set for Friday, March 10th at 11:59PM EST.

Ok, onto the next...

:heart: Bey-of-the-Dey :heart: 

A song written for the 2006 film adaptation - in which Beyoncé starred - of the 1981 Broadway musical Dreamgirls, Listen is a power ballad and has two separate videos. The first, appearing on the B'Day Anthology Video Album, features Knowles in a performance hall belting the song, with clips of the film interwoven throughout. The second, featured on the Dreamgirls DVD release, has the singer against a plain backdrop while delivering an emotional rendition alongside several scenes from the film. The song was brought to life at the 2007 Grammy Awards, where many applauded it as one of the best performances of the night.

❤ x ❤

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, jujubae said:

THANK YOU to the 9 people who have submitted rates! :hor: 
A few more I'd like to get scores from, but there is still time! As of right now the cut-off date is set for Friday, March 10th at 11:59PM EST.

Ok, onto the next...

A song written for the 2006 film adaptation - in which Beyoncé starred - of the 1981 Broadway musical Dreamgirls, Listen is a power ballad and has two separate videos. The first, appearing on the B'Day Anthology Video Album, features Knowles in a performance hall belting the song, with clips of the film interwoven throughout. The second, featured on the Dreamgirls DVD release, has the singer against a plain backdrop while delivering an emotional rendition alongside several scenes from the film. The song was brought to life at the 2007 Grammy Awards, where many applauded it as one of the best performances of the night.

I attempt to sing this at karaoke lol

juju
11 hours ago, XtiNe said:

I attempt to sing this at karaoke lol

how does that pan out :toofunny: 

❤ x ❤

Luke78619
19 minutes ago, jujubae said:

I haven't heard the album sorry :sweat: I'm also really busy recently :/ 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

juju
41 minutes ago, monster78619 said:

I haven't heard the album sorry :sweat: I'm also really busy recently :/ 

It is ok, thought I'd at least make sure :air: good luck with everything :heart: 

❤ x ❤

juju

Let's get into the last few videos with today's...

x BEY-of-the-DEY x

"Setting the tone" alongside Kelly, Michelle, and Solange, Beyoncé's biggest extravaganza for the B'Day video shoots would definitely be this extended mix of Get Me Bodied, the seventh overall (and final US) single release from B'Day. Inspired by 60's choreography, Bob Fosse, and the musical Sweet Charity, the video features a vintage Beyoncé and her friends as they take us through various choreographed numbers alongside a plethora of extras at a very retro get-together.  It's fast paced and cinematic, having been described by critics as "showstopping", and often appears on lists featuring the best of Beyoncé's videos, having gone viral on multiple platforms. The song itself peaked at #46 on the BB Hot 100, but rose to #5 on Billboard's R&B Songs chart.

❤ x ❤

Thomas P
2 hours ago, jujubae said:

Let's get into the last few videos with today's...

x BEY-of-the-DEY x

"Setting the tone" alongside Kelly, Michelle, and Solange, Beyoncé's biggest extravaganza for the B'Day video shoots would definitely be this extended mix of Get Me Bodied, the seventh overall (and final US) single release from B'Day. Inspired by 60's choreography, Bob Fosse, and the musical Sweet Charity, the video features a vintage Beyoncé and her friends as they take us through various choreographed numbers alongside a plethora of extras at a very retro get-together.  It's fast paced and cinematic, having been described by critics as "showstopping", and often appears on lists featuring the best of Beyoncé's videos, having gone viral on multiple platforms. The song itself peaked at #46 on the BB Hot 100, but rose to #5 on Billboard's R&B Songs chart.

M. A. S. T. E. R. P. I. E. C.  E. !!!!!!!

THIS SONG BETTER ****ING WIN!!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Fernster7
4 hours ago, jujubae said:

Don't really like Beyonce's albums except for the last two. Sorry:sweat:

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Hades
28 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I gave so many 10's that i don't know which one i'm rooting for.:toofunny:

juju
56 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Not that I'm trying to sway anyone any type of way but...

Spoiler

YES IT BETTER :grr::grr::grr: 

❤ x ❤

juju

Only a few days left!

A few years before Telephone had slain a generation and set the standard for music videos everywhere and forever more, Beyoncé's first major pop collaboration was with Colombian singer/humanitarian/icon Shakira for the single Beautiful Liar. Peaking at #1 on charts across the world, the single reached the #3 spot on US Billboard Hot 100, and at the time experienced the largest upward movement on that chart (until 2008, that is). The video was filmed in two days; because of hectic schedules, the production team wasn't able to coordinate choreography for the two titans. The end result was the product of 40 minutes of on-the-spot choreographing and rehearsing, with many of the moves originating from Shakira herself - the star taught Beyoncé belly-dancing moves to fit with the songs vibe. The climax of the video features the two singers looking identical in a room covered in Avestan writing, making for a truly epic final dance sequence. Fans of the aforementioned Telephone might rest a little easier knowing that Beyoncé and Shakira never once performed Beautiful Liar together, the latter never having performed the song at all.

❤ x ❤

juju

2 days left :excited2: 

:heart:Bey-of-the-Dey  :heart: 

Featuring one of Beyoncé's most iconic scenes and another collaboration with soon-to-be husband Jay-Z, Upgrade U is one of B'Day's fiercest tracks. Braggadocio-Bey comes to slay on a track about upgrading her man's life with luxury and class; the video is equally as grandiose, featuring a lot of gold, chic outfits, and even a baby alligator. The video's most noteworthy moment is, by far, Bey's impersonation of Jay-Z; according to reports, the rapper's verses were recorded first, with Bey studying his behavior and doing her own take soon after. According to director and frequent collaborator Melina Matsoukas, "If anybody knows Jay-Z, it would be Beyoncé". Because of the song's popularity on urban radio, it was released as a promotional single for the album, going on to chart at #59 on Billboard's Hot 100 and #11 on its Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts.

❤ x ❤

juju

ONE DAY LEFT.

And now...

Featured at the tail-end of the B'Day Anthology Video Album, The Making of B'Day ( Behind The Scenes) gives a look at the creation process of each video from the era. It's a very interesting peak into the mind and art of Beyoncé as well as her collaborators; it runs on nearly 18 minutes and has a watermark, but if you can power through, it is definitely worth a watch. Thanks for staying tuned to Bey-of-the-Dey, and see you all at the results ceremony. :heart: 

❤ x ❤

Archived