Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Have your professors or teachers ever talked about Gaga in class?

Katie14

Featured Posts

MonsterOfficial

i go to art school so she's respected here :whitney:

I remember one professor and we were talking about Marina Abramovic then he discussed about Gaga's Abramovic method 

another professor of mine talked about Andy Warhol and Gaga's impact in Pop Art

and another professor in my english class who is an absolute Madonna stan trashed Gaga and said "she all rah rah rah and crazy outfits" and I kept silent bc I wanna pass that class :emma:

exorcise my mind

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tommy Monster said:

Next time we drink together I´ll inquire if he had to change his curricula :laughga: 

Are you that intimate with him? :stalkga:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Tommy Monster
3 minutes ago, Red said:

Are you that intimate with him? :stalkga:

Nope, he´s just a really cool New Zealander who hangs out with his students and speaks fluent Slovak, which is really funny :laughga: and he´s had a Slovak girlfriend for 11 years (she sometimes hangs out with us too :laughga:), so no intimacies happening :cryga: 

SuvegesGabor

Actually my high school English teacher used to talk a lot about Gaga during classes. He always told us about how he never liked her pop songs but loved when she went "unplugged", that she was incredibly talented and was the best thing that happened to popular music in the recent past and always encouraged us to watch her acoustic performances. Once when we were learning about future tenses in English he even included a sentence like "Lady Gaga is going to perform in Croatia tonight" in the test. :queenga:

I remember the first class after that I went to see Gaga live in the artRAVE in Vienna, he was so excited and asked a lot about how it was.

Later on he told us that her favourite preformer was Madonna, but he was slayed by Gaga's Oscar performance of TIHTY, he even posted it on Facebook. :staymad:

Saw Gaga on 11/2/2014 and 1/18/2018 // Saw Madonna on 11/8/2015 // Saw Cher on 9/3/2017 // Saw Lorde on 10/8/2017

Magneto

I get that art isn't a science and is subjected to opinions and bias, but I can't at all these professors/teachers stating their own opinions about her (positive or negative):sweat:

Free my mind

Jenina

One of my teachers said before the Super Bowl that if Gaga even thought of bringing Beyonce on the stage she would be so upset and proceeded to diss on Beyonce.  She said Gaga should just do it by herself and she wasn't wrong.  Other than that none of my other teachers have talked about her.

cool

ShayCristoforo

My TA in first year did part of a lecture on Gaga. The prof took a break and my TA lectured for about half an hour (Professional Writing program). He talked about how "hyper aware" Gaga is, as an artist and brand and storyteller, and how the Telephone music video was genius for product placement. Because it was product placement with a purpose -- symbols that generate meaning, metaphors even. He knew that I was a Gaga fan because I had written about the connection between a Glee episode and Born This Way, and he said afterwards that while he was lecturing, he had me in the back of his mind. Like, he was doing this for me. It was a wonderful feeling.

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

My english teacher brought up the song "New York, New York" and talked about it and how Frank Sinatra was the biggest entertainer of all time and so on... Then she said: "Every artist who whinks much of themsleves, has sung it some time in their career. Lady Gaga... and so on.."

After this lesson I asked her, if she knows the version of New York, New York from Lady Gaga and she said: "Oh, she really sang it? I just said some artist that crossed my mind. I will definetly look it up!"

The next day she talked to a project group who has the topic "New York": "Maybe put the Lady Gaga's New York in the background while you start your presentation. She sung it fantastic!" 

Later I recommended her C2C because she really likes Jazz and Tony Bennett, but never heard of their collaboration.

GET THAT PROMO!

AdrienneGaga

I remember when I was freshmen in high school one of my teachers talk about how celebrities how they dress  and do hard work and my teacher mentioned lady Gaga saying she doesn't lay around with pajamas all day  and how she's a hardworking celebrity :toofunny:

My Biggest enemy..

HOTNebraskaGuy

Yes! We were learning about individualism in literature and art and my English teacher used her meat dress as an example lol.

One, five, ten lay a million on me

MJHolland

One time an English professor pulled up a Gaga and Madonna side by side comparison of BTW and Express Yourself in order to talk about how you shouldn't steal and plagiarize other pieces of work 

Closested me sat there FUMING 

My philosophy professor was talking about political correctness and censorship, and how the media sometimes try to censor outspoken celebrities such as Gaga and Madonna.  Then my psychology professor (forgot what exactly we were talking about) talked about a disorder (forgot what it was called) and she used Gaga as an example.  She mentioned something about people with this disorder think they have really good luck/anxiety/fear of missing out (or something like that) and for her example, she said they'd think if a celebrity like Gaga comes onto campus, she'll knock onto their dorm and say hi so you end up not going to class :spin: 

Saint Hollywood
7 minutes ago, narcoswing said:

No but once in religion class my teacher asked who Judas was and I said "the new song by Lady Gaga" :toofunny:

I can relate to this on a spiritual level :lolly:

Archived