💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Alijandro

Pretty sure there was discussion of a time jump at some stage, but it would be weird to just say "ok that's it for now, let's just continue the story in 10 years time", that sort of a move would have to follow a major event (probably the end of 1 book with a big ending, and then start the next one ahead, and fill in all the important gaps retrospectively)

But time as it is, is fairly fluid in the books. Rarely does it describe how much time has surpassed between events, but from the descriptions in the latest book, it would appear that sufficient time for the dragons to grow a substantial amount has passed. So it is quite possible the time gap could be covered without a leap.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

Pretty sure there was discussion of a time jump at some stage, but it would be weird to just say "ok that's it for now, let's just continue the story in 10 years time", that sort of a move would have to follow a major event (probably the end of 1 book with a big ending, and then start the next one ahead, and fill in all the important gaps retrospectively)

But time as it is, is fairly fluid in the books. Rarely does it describe how much time has surpassed between events, but from the descriptions in the latest book, it would appear that sufficient time for the dragons to grow a substantial amount has passed. So it is quite possible the time gap could be covered without a leap.

I don't think that a time jump would be that weird :D There are too many characters and so much detail.. But i haven't read the latest book maybe things get faster in it, i don't know... However i still believe there are some unnecessary chapters :spin:

Lion Heart

My favourite character is Cersei i guess, i always like strong female characters and evil ones :teehee:

Yea she's one of my favorites as well.

I don't think that a time jump would be that weird :D There are too many characters and so much detail.. But i haven't read the latest book maybe things get faster in it, i don't know... However i still believe there are some unnecessary chapters :spin:

Tell me about it! This is how I felt for the majority of a Dance With Dragons. :smh:

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

pok3rfac3

I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve this show. just got done watching season 2 last night... Season 3 is going to be badass. My favorite character is Daenerys Targaryen. I wish they showed more of her but hopefully in the third season they will because I think she'll play a major part in it........

anyone else opinion's??

Lion Heart

I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve this show. just got done watching season 2 last night... Season 3 is going to be badass. My favorite character is Daenerys Targaryen. I wish they showed more of her but hopefully in the third season they will because I think she'll play a major part in it........

anyone else opinion's??

I didn't like how Dany was handed in Season 2 as most of her scenes were cringe-worthy or comical or a combination of both. "WHEN MY DRAGONS ARE GROWN WE WILL BURN CITIES TO THE GROUND! I AM DAENERYS STORMBORN AND I WILL TAKE WHAT IS MINE WITH FIRE AND BLOOD!" But I'm pretty sure she'll play a huge role come Season 3 and hopefully we wont be reminded that she is in fact Daenerys Stormborn who will take what is hers with fire and blood.

Alijandro

But I'm pretty sure she'll play a huge role come Season 3 and hopefully we wont be reminded that she is in fact Daenerys Stormborn who will take what is hers with fire and blood.

It was a bit laughable, but a credit to the show runners who actually turned her nonexistent CoK plot and turned it into a season arc (which was necessary considering the audience's love of her)

looking forward to seeing less talking and more action from her in season 3 :)

Yeah, they also made up additional plots for Daenerys, to make her scenes interesting i guess...

For instance the stolen dragons, Xaro Xhoan Daxos claiming himself the King of Qarth and his betrayal to Daenerys :huh:

Edited by Ufuk

pok3rfac3

I didn't like how Dany was handed in Season 2 as most of her scenes were cringe-worthy or comical or a combination of both. "WHEN MY DRAGONS ARE GROWN WE WILL BURN CITIES TO THE GROUND! I AM DAENERYS STORMBORN AND I WILL TAKE WHAT IS MINE WITH FIRE AND BLOOD!" But I'm pretty sure she'll play a huge role come Season 3 and hopefully we wont be reminded that she is in fact Daenerys Stormborn who will take what is hers with fire and blood.

I'm sure that her character could become very interesting in the new seasons of this series. It would be awesome if they would make her more badass. lol, I love the dragons for the most part.... but the end of season 2 was f'n crazy. I didn't expect those things... BTW does anyone else want the Brat of a king gone? ugh he srsly is a pain in the ass.

Lion Heart

Game of Thrones Companion Book to hit shelves late September:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_i4dNH_1wI&feature=player_embedded

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2012/07/27/game-of-thrones-companion-book-first-look/

A little something for GoT fanatics to add to their collection..

My boyfriend had me watching this. I skipped it to parts where they had s-x. :lmao: just not a fan of this i guess. :) sorry.

Finally got back to Storm of Swords last night after about a week and half.

Decided just to stop reading to focus on other things, but it feels good to get back into the book now!

Last chapter was

Daenerys attack in front of Yunkai

After every Daenerys chapter I feel like I can hear Ned giving her a lecture about honor.

So, i'm exactly 50% into the book now!

germagaga

I'm reading A Dance With Dragons, and I'm not liking how he set up the story so that it repeats some chapters from the last book :sick:

And not much is really happening so far

I did find interesting (in a repulsed and nauseous sort of way) what happened to Reek

Edited by germagaga

Lion Heart

Finally got back to Storm of Swords last night after about a week and half.

Decided just to stop reading to focus on other things, but it feels good to get back into the book now!

Last chapter was

Daenerys attack in front of Yunkai

After every Daenerys chapter I feel like I can hear Ned giving her a lecture about honor.

So, i'm exactly 50% into the book now!

:party:

I'm reading A Dance With Dragons, and I'm not liking how he set up the story so that it repeats some chapters from the last book :sick:

And not much is really happening so far

I did find interesting (in a repulsed and nauseous sort of way) what happened to Reek

This book was a huge disappointment for me- I felt like nothing really happened. In my opinion, Reek/ Theon had the best chapters in this book.

Storm of Swords..

My next chapter is a Catelyn chapter and I skimmed the first page and they're just nearing the Twins. :shutup:

How does everyone feel about Mance Rayder's casting?

I'm not sure how I feel about it.. I thought he would be bit younger.

http://www.iftn.ie/a...rchnews&force=1

Also, Daario Naharis and Grey Worm casted. I think they're perfect casted, especially Daario.

Grey Worm I thought would be a bit bigger, but I'll live.

http://winteriscomin...grey-worm-cast/

Edited by Rito

I just read the RW... :duck: (I originally way more "wtf" emoticons here, but it made me lessen it.. by a lot.)

What the fucccccccckkkkkk. I feel like the tv show Robb is kind of a jerk compared to book Robb, so I'm really sad right now for book Robb. :cry: Even more for Catelyn.. ughhh.. her death what the ****. I remember thinking "I wonder what it would be like to see a character die from their own PoV instead of seeing it from another PoV (seeing Ned's death through Arya).. I take back my wondering. That was ****ing horrible.

Without Cat's Jon hatred I loved her character, so i'm really sad for no more Catelyn PoV's. She was a badass right to the end. :cry:

I hope my Kindle is okay.. I threw it across the room after that. :eww:

edit; Kindle is fine.

Edited by Rito

• Lion Heart locked this topic