💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Was the Halftime Show even worth it?

gagaisitalian

Featured Posts

gagaisitalian

I'm so thrown off. Gaga spent months and months creating a Super Bowl Halftime show that would appeal to everyone. I figured this was a deliberate move to get more people back in her fandom and have a year of success. Her album sales went up, Joanne Tour shows are selling out quickly, everything was going up.

Then, she does this performance. Now, this isn't a debate of whether the performance was good or bad, but this performance is just going to immediately alienate any new or revived Gaga fans who just hopped on board last week. The white suburban moms who now liked Gaga? Cancelled. The youth who thought her Halftime show was fun and vibrant? Cancelled. Football fans who now may want to casually listen to her? Cancelled.

Like, I just don't understand why she constantly sabotages herself. I never thought this performance was a good idea. Joanne was back in the top 10 on iTunes, and she didn't think to have her own performance? Following the Super Bowl hype, I'm certain the Grammy's would have let her perform her own song...

This just doesn't sit well with me. The performance was all over the place and messy and it followed one of her most praised performances ever.

It also makes me mad. She played the Super Bowl SUPER safe. Like, we can all agree that she left CrazyGa at home for the Halftime show. But now it's like....why? You just went right back to it? 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived