:

:

:

review

Metallica fan reacts to Grammy performance

mmm

Featured Posts

hELXIG

I'm not even a Metallica fan but I'm pissed off at them for screwing this up too!

Metal and rock have been trying to get back to the mainstream for years and this was actually a huge opportunity.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SarahYuko
4 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I'm not even a Metallica fan but I'm pissed off at them for screwing this up too!

Metal and rock have been trying to get back to the mainstream for years and this was actually a huge opportunity.

They're really angry at the lost opportunity, and the Grammys have gained yet a couple more critics and haters, I'm a casual fan of rock myself and I wish rock and metal had a bigger platform and more exposure.

hELXIG
1 minute ago, SarahYuko said:

They're really angry at the lost opportunity, and the Grammys have gained yet a couple more critics and haters, I'm a casual fan of rock myself and I wish rock and metal had a bigger platform and more exposure.

I grew up with rock and metal music being played a lot. I used to listen to soft metal, pop-metal, and pop-rock before I started to love Gaga. So I completely agree. Rock used to have a big platform, up until about 2008ish. But trends come and go. It's just that these genres haven't had their place in a long time. When you look at things from this perspective, these screw ups really suck and have more of an impact than people think. Now more pop fans might think that it's messy and unprofessional. Also just... Metallica didn't get any promo because their band wasn't... introduced...

And don't get me wrong, I do feel bad for Laverne, but gurl... big mistake. Another terrible side effect will be a burst of hat towards trans people from metal music enthusiasts. A group who is already largely against trans people. 

Ugh. Mess. Societal mess.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

3 hours ago, GABEL said:

"some" metal fans are really retarded and probably racist and women-hater

they bashing gaga for no reason........:toofunny:

some of them don't even hide they just hate her, no matter her performance is good or not

This is absolutely absurd and an embarrassing statement. Shame on you

12 minutes ago, JbGaga said:

This is absolutely absurd and an embarrassing statement. Shame on you

I said ""some"", I know a lot of them appreciate her performance.

But some comments under the video are very disgusting,

for example, some random guy said gaga ruined the performance and the man who recorded this video defended her ,then that random guy just replied that he hates her(for no reason)

28 minutes ago, Fay said:

A new but negative review:

SO salty. :madge:

Like dude get over it. Gaga was amazing vocally. and put on a great show. Yeah mic problem sucked but what can I do? It happens. 

4 minutes ago, GABEL said:

I said ""some"", I know a lot of them appreciate her performance.

But some comments under the video are very disgusting,

for example, some random guy said gaga ruined the performance and the man who recorded this video defended her ,then that random guy just replied that he hates her(for no reason)

Every video in the world has rude comments

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Every video in the world has rude comments

I know 

And I'm only  talking about those rude comments, you guys totally misunderstood my post.:toofunny:

My point is if you are a metal fan(or fan of any genre) you should learn that there is no one genre better than the other, and even if you don't like the performers you should at least try to respect them and save your negative comments to yourself.

7 minutes ago, GABEL said:

I know 

And I'm only  talking about those rude comments, you guys totally misunderstood my post.:toofunny:

My point is if you are a metal fan(or fan of any genre) you should learn that there is no one genre better than the other, and even if you don't like the performers you should at least try to respect them and save your negative comments to yourself.

You clearly were trying to indicate that metal fans are racist, woman hating, and retarded. You live in this world that if someone criticizes an individual woman, they must hate all women. And why do you think people should keep their opinions to themselves if they did not like the performance? Metal fans disrespect pop music because it caters to the general public and is mostly fake which is true, Gaga though only uses pop Music to change the masses but not everyone gets that thats what shes doing.

18 minutes ago, Fay said:

You clearly were trying to indicate that metal fans are racist, woman hating, and retarded. You live in this world that if someone criticizes an individual woman, they must hate all women. And why do you think people should keep their opinions to themselves if they did not like the performance?

I'm already said I'm not against metal fans I know everyone with good taste will acknowledge her talent.

I said some metal fans because they are metal fans in this case so I added "some" for clarifying

And if you spend some time reading those comments you will know they are not far from racists and woman haters lmao

And I never said you couldn't demonstrate your hatred toward a "performance"

I said please try to respect the"performer" even if you don't like them

xoxo Craig
4 hours ago, A Gaga Lad said:

most are saying Gaga did great though

Some of the comments though are saying that Gaga tried to steal the show away from Metalica and that the performance was all about her.

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
5 hours ago, Fay said:

Edit: Or read comments on Metallica forum, they actually loved Gagas performance and thought she saved the performance.

https://forums.metallica.com/t/grammys-live-discussion-thread/10716/984

He is so pissed about the mic issue! He hardly mentions Gaga at all.

Some of the comments on that forum were praising Gaga, but others said that she was trying to steal the show... Its good that she has atleast some respect from Metalica fans

End Racism Now

PunkTheFunk
5 hours ago, Allison M said:

What is this from? 

Gaga's snapchat or instagram (?) before the Bowie tribute 

Archived