💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Beyonce Loses 7 Awards; Wins 2

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

xoxo cupcakke
5 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Little off topic, but is album of the year more prestigious than record of the year. If Adele wins one and B wins the other, would people think that's fair?

I'd say Album of the Year is more prestigious because you're being rewarded on the album as a whole rather than a single song. Honestly, I could see Beyoncé losing Record of the Year to Adele or Lukas Graham, because Formation just not that great at encapsulating the essence of Lemonade. I wouldn't be as pressed in that instance but Album of the Year should be Beyoncé's first, and if not, Adele's. Just my thoughts

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CowSiss said:

I swear to God, I will have a meltdown. I don't care if Beyoncé or Adele win, but if this nobody Kentucky hillbilly bumpkin who has no worth in American society as a whole wins, I will flip my lid. Beyoncé is most deserving to win, but if she loses to him, it will just go to show how irrelevant American society treats Lemonade and how it will just continue the cycle of suppression of art with actual meaning beyond the music and lyrics itself

Sorry but you're out of place, just because he's not famous and it's country

Have you listened to the music? His lyrics, the importance the album has in the genre.

Ofc album of the year is also about the importance the album has on society. Lemonade was a very important album, though it's beyond forgotten in people's minds

"A Sailor's guide to earth" lacks great lyricism?  What? I'd say more, the whole music is very lyrical and poetic

Swan Heart
19 minutes ago, CowSiss said:

I swear to God, I will have a meltdown. I don't care if Beyoncé or Adele win, but if this nobody Kentucky hillbilly bumpkin who has no worth in American society as a whole wins, I will flip my lid. Beyoncé is most deserving to win, but if she loses to him, it will just go to show how irrelevant American society treats Lemonade and how it will just continue the cycle of suppression of art with actual meaning beyond the music and lyrics itself

That's a bit dramatic. His album is great, even if country is not my thing.

I got over Bowie not even getting a nomination in the category, with Drake and Bieber getting one, you guys could get over Bey not winning. :hor: 

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

HauntingHollow

i may actually appreciate Grammy Awards more now :creepflop:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

Delusional Aura
2 minutes ago, Goosey said:

You just wrote off Sturgill Simpson as a 'hillbilly bumpkin' and said his music has no meaning. I think the only one showing how 'irrelevant American society treats art' [sic] is you.

I think Sturgill Simpson is FAR more authentic than Beyoncé with her mass of starry-eyed, blindly kowtowing fans, her dozens of writers and her TIDAL exclusive release :toofunny:

Sturgill-Simpson-2-by-Melissa-Madison-Fu

Wow holy sh!t :shocked:

oh and more one thing, this is absolutely wrong

the album is a visual album, but in fact that doens't help anyone, and it's just a new way to sell

because sorry but or the visuals count or don't. The music can't be separated from the rest

KingRedd
2 minutes ago, Killa said:

Sorry but you're out of place, just because he's not famous and it's country

Have you listened to the music? His lyrics, the importance the album has in the genre.

Ofc album of the year is also about the importance the album has on society. Lemonade was a very important album, though it's beyond forgotten in people's minds

"A Sailor's guide to earth" lacks great lyricism?  What? I'd say more, the whole music is very lyrical and poetic

Lemonade forgettable?? Lol cmon I was with you until you said that. 

May I Read You? 😎

xoxo cupcakke
1 minute ago, Goosey said:

You just wrote off Sturgill Simpson as a 'hillbilly bumpkin' and said his music has no meaning. I think the only one showing how 'irrelevant American society treats art' [sic] is you.

I think Sturgill Simpson is FAR more authentic than Beyoncé with her mass of starry-eyed, blindly kowtowing fans, her dozens of writers and her TIDAL exclusive release :toofunny:

Sturgill-Simpson-2-by-Melissa-Madison-Fu

Perhaps to a certain population in American society, but Lemonade just has more social meaning than Sturgill Simpson could ever have at this time. Of course I'm overexaggerating cause I'm obviously pressed, but if this was 2008 I'd say I wouldn't be since we aren't in the current political and social climate we're in right now, but it's 2017 and Lemonade reflects the world that many of us live in and experience if you strip back the personal aspects that Beyoncé has infused into her album

Just now, KingRedd said:

Lemonade forgettable?? Lol cmon I was with you until you said that. 

did i say that? i said it had impact in america but soon it faded. But it's just how things are in 21st century

alejandreaux

The fact that the LEMONADE film even lost to anything :diane:

the grammys lose more and more credibility every passing year :awkney:

KingRedd
Just now, Killa said:

did i say that? i said it had impact in america but soon it faded. But it's just how things are in 21st century

You said it's beyond forgotten in people's minds. It's 17 on the charts and always stays high up. I just don't see how it's forgotten. But I do agree that it's ok if a non mainstream artist wins. Just not album of the year. 

May I Read You? 😎

South Blonde
13 minutes ago, Bear said:

What :udidnt: 

I can understand either 25 or Lemonade winning AOTY, but this Grammy had Bey's name written all over it. I thought it was guaranteed.

I mean Lemonade was actually a film, The Beatles was more of a documentary ala Katy Perry Part of Me 3D 

This non-intentional shade :air: 

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

3 minutes ago, KingRedd said:

You said it's beyond forgotten in people's minds. It's 17 on the charts and always stays high up. I just don't see how it's forgotten. But I do agree that it's ok if a non mainstream artist wins. Just not album of the year. 

in all truth, i also think Lemonade is the only winner. It's a mark in pop culture.

40 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Beyonce's Lemonade has just lost Best Music Film.

She lost it to The Beatles: Eight Days a Week The Touring Years

Formation won best music video

giphy.gif

Source: http://live.grammy.com

Good shes so overrated

Archived