Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

JW Interpetation

Pietro

Featured Posts

It's not mine. I found it on youtube. Thoughts? 

"As badass as this video is, the last scene makes me sad. It's like she wanted to do a ''last'' Fame Monster song before saying goodbye to her old style by shooting herself dead. It's like a tribute. Then she walks away with her guitar, being the boring lame Joanne that she has become today".

Smarticle

How is JW a "last" FM song........it's part of Joanne itself. Pressed fan :classy:

Like everyone else has said with the JW video, even her Joanne era is unpredictable and not just "boring" and "lame".

Justice for Grigio Girls!!!

Just now, Smarticle said:

How is JW a "last" FM song........it's part of Joanne itself. Pressed fan :classy:

Yas. That was a mistake. A last FM type-of-video, lol. 

Jenina

I don't think of it that way.  I think it's just her killing bad habits or traits.  She said it was about her craving for bad guys and other things of the sort.  That explains the horse part where she's struggling to hold on but pretends she's happy and how you see the relationship get out of control at the end.  I think the end is her representation of just growing up and moving away from these negative things that she used to once do rather than in a musical sort of way about changing styles.

cool

JustAnotherDay

very dramatic :neyde:

Spoiler

I'm sure she was just like "it would look cool of I shot myself with a gun from my heel"

was NickARTPOP

takemetovenus

I don't think that's what the videos supposed to represent. I can definitely believe a two different sides of her sort of theory since in the beginning, Gaga is Joanne, just sitting on the set and as the horse rider passes by, you can clearly see Gaga NOT on the horse. I feel the video just represents her imagining or fantasizing about the wild and crazy men she chases.

Born To Slay

After the Super Bowl performance, I don't think she intends to leave behind theatricality. This Joanne stuff is just a phase.

xoxo cupcakke

John Wayne is not that deep; it's not meant to be so deeply analyzed. It is what it is and that is all it is

holy scheisse
26 minutes ago, Jenina said:

I don't think of it that way.  I think it's just her killing bad habits or traits.  She said it was about her craving for bad guys and other things of the sort.  That explains the horse part where she's struggling to hold on but pretends she's happy and how you see the relationship get out of control at the end.  I think the end is her representation of just growing up and moving away from these negative things that she used to once do rather than in a musical sort of way about changing styles.

yesss i agree.

i think shes being driven by her own life and emotions as stefani g right now and not her persona of lady gaga so i dont think john wayne has to do with her making a comment on her career. i feel like the pink suit gaga could maybe walk throughout more videos and itsj ust part of the transition. but then again the end where shes taken inside seems like it could lead to something as well. anyway...yeah.

Thomas P

Don't analyze this video. Like seriously, pretentiousga is gone, and this is just her making a really funny awesome video.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

just another gay
42 minutes ago, Pietro said:

It's not mine. I found it on youtube. Thoughts? 

"As badass as this video is, the last scene makes me sad. It's like she wanted to do a ''last'' Fame Monster song before saying goodbye to her old style by shooting herself dead. It's like a tribute. Then she walks away with her guitar, being the boring lame Joanne that she has become today".

:bye:

Archived