Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

no more videos from joanne?

caseymonster

Featured Posts

caseymonster

when gaga released million reasons she said that going forward every video will be a continuation of the previous one. despite that claim the queen of betrayals hits once again and at the end of john wayne we get "the end" which makes me doubt that we are getting anymore videos that will continue the story arch. what do you think? is this the end of the era? how are you feeling about it? 

we know gaga needs to film and record for asib before the tour so it makes sense for john wayne to be the last single.

Radio Ga Ga

I feel like she might have ended the trilogy so she can release DIC mv as a separate thing, sorta separate from all the mature classy Joanne stuff

But one can only hope :giveup:

It could mean no more videos for the era or it could mean no more story line. Maybe the next video will not be a part of the "story" and just have stand alone visuals.

JudasIsAHolyFoo
2 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I feel like she might have ended the trilogy so she can release DIC mv as a separate thing, sorta separate from all the mature classy Joanne stuff

But one can only hope :giveup:

We could get prequels? 

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

BabbleOnBling

Clearly the bish has some tricks up her sleeve, as we weren't expecting this one. 

I bet she has filmed at least one more. 

In the Zane interview she mentioned she's working on things we don't know about yet. 

At the end of the day, we just wait and enjoy the music.

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu (Home of the Babble On! with Bling Podcast)

gagajandro25

LMAO you guys all of her Jonas Akerlund directed music videos have 'the end' at the end of the music video. It just means the end and that's it. Don't read so much into it. I think we'll get another single or two before the tour 

Lady Gaga is a legend and you will deal with it

gagajandro25
10 minutes ago, caseymonster said:

when gaga released million reasons she said that going forward every video will be a continuation of the previous one. despite that claim the queen of betrayals hits once again and at the end of john wayne we get "the end" which makes me doubt that we are getting anymore videos that will continue the story arch. what do you think? is this the end of the era? how are you feeling about it? 

we know gaga needs to film and record for asib before the tour so it makes sense for john wayne to be the last single.

All of her Jonas akerlund music videos have 'the end' at the end of them and it simply means the end of the music video and that's it. It's a tradition between them. It means nothing more

Lady Gaga is a legend and you will deal with it

5 minutes ago, perfectdance said:

LMAO you guys all of her Jonas Akerlund directed music videos have 'the end' at the end of the music video. It just means the end and that's it. Don't read so much into it. I think we'll get another single or two before the tour 

Exactly lol. Paparazzi ended with The End too but they planned to release BBB as the 6th single

I'd say it probably is, but it could just follow on from the tradition of Gaga/Jonas MV's.

Paparazzi ended with "The End", Telephone ended with "To Be Continued" and John Wayne obviously ended with "The End".

Paparazzi is influenced by Vertigo by Alfred Hitchcock

Telephone was influenced by Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez and Grindhouse (as well as Thelma and Louise) - those movies, influenced by B movies, also often feature teasers like this:

^^ That won't actually happen. Gaga said herself Telephone, originally, wasn't supposed to be continued it was just a teaser. It only became a thing because monsters freaked out and wanted the next installment. 

John Wayne kinda has a Dario Argento type feeling to me, it's kinda a little horror. 

0022f5df41552e26b4be5120cd6b35ab.jpg

suspcolour6.jpg

suspiria_xl_01.jpg

Inferno-900x492.jpg

phenomena.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

They are supposed to be taken as mini-films. We also see the credits, the opening titles and "FILMED IN GAGA-VISION" like "FILMED IN TECHNICOLOR" with an old film aesthetic.

Paparazzi and John Wayne have "The End" because it's part of the campy, b-grade aesthetic they are going for in each video. Telephone has "To be continued..." instead of "The End" because it fits better with the B-Movie Grindhouse aesthetic they were referencing.

To make my last comment a little more straightforward. Jonas and Gaga pays homage to a particular style of filmmaking with each music video they release together.

They all feature title credits, as if they are films or film trailers being shown in the cinema, and Paparazzi/telephone also feature end credits.

Paparazzi was more Hitchcock, noir late 50's early 60's classic film era inspired mixed with 1920's silent film era.
Telephone was more Tarantino, grindhouse B-Movie inspired.
John Wayne seems to be inspired by Argento, horror and Natural Born Killers with the green lighting.

They all feature "The End" at the end as part of that classic cinema aesthetic, with the exception of Telephone that used "To Be Continued..." because it fit better with the Grindhouse, B-Movie aesthetic they used for that video.

With all that said - I wouldn't be surprised if John Wayne was the last single from Joanne.

51 minutes ago, Bebe said:

To make my last comment a little more straightforward. Jonas and Gaga pays homage to a particular style of filmmaking with each music video they release together.

They all feature title credits, as if they are films or film trailers being shown in the cinema, and Paparazzi/telephone also feature end credits.

Paparazzi was more Hitchcock, noir late 50's early 60's classic film era inspired mixed with 1920's silent film era.
Telephone was more Tarantino, grindhouse B-Movie inspired.
John Wayne seems to be inspired by Argento, horror.

The all feature "The End" at the end as part of that classic cinema aesthetic, with the exception of Telephone that used "To Be Continued..." because it fit better with the Grindhouse, B-Movie aesthetic they used for that video.

With all that said - I wouldn't be surprised if John Wayne was the last single from Joanne.

63803574.jpg:applause: 

The Lady and the Legend coming soon.

Cailleach

She did leave the video on not one but TWO cliffhangers and she said ALL the videos in the era will continue after each other so maybe the end was just there to fit the horror theme

That's not very born this way of you

Archived