Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Gaga Cleaning Up Charts Already

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Bear said:

Call me old fashioned, but I hate streaming :dry: How can an album that has sold 3k be ahead of an album that has sold more than 7x that?? 

I get that streaming is a huge part of the way we consume music but they need to adjust that formula. It requires no commitment to stream a song (unlike purchasing) and they shouldn't be compared so easily. 

couldn't have said it better myself, thank you

Just now, T E Anne said:

SIS, i know every dirty detail of your life. :gaysia:

Expose me :gaycat: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

PartySick
1 minute ago, Bear said:

Call me old fashioned, but I hate streaming :dry: How can an album that has sold 3k be ahead of an album that has sold more than 7x that?? 

I get that streaming is a huge part of the way we consume music but they need to adjust that formula. It requires no commitment to stream a song (unlike purchasing) and they shouldn't be compared so easily. 

Isn't it something like 100 streams before it counts as a sale? :confused:

I don't understand streaming at all tbh. I buy all my music by going to the store and getting a physcial CD :laughga:

🖤

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, Bear said:

I mean has streaming really benefitted the welfare of pop music in any way? It usually serves to only bring sh!tty hip hop and EDM acts to the top of the charts...

20 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Isn't it something like 100 streams before it counts as a sale? :confused:

I don't understand streaming at all tbh. I buy all my music by going to the store and getting a physcial CD :laughga:

Yes something like that, billboard have just adjusted the formula (again) to further benefit streams and reduce the impact of sales . There are so many biases and other variables that streaming just ignores that benefit certain artists and not others (At least with sales it was simple and everyone was on a level playing field). 

i.e People tend to just stream whatever is available/on the front page of spotify. It requires no dedication to stream music like this, and doesn't reflect the chart very well.

Maybe listening to purchased songs should contribute towards streaming too. At least that way artists with a smaller but more dedicated fan base who actually purchase the music are better reflected in the data.

And I completely agree, physical all the way :music:

littlepotter
53 minutes ago, Red said:

DELETE SPOTIFY AND APPLE MUSIC FROM THE FACE OF EARTH

Still want them deleted? :gaysia:

chaeri pls

Just now, littlepotter said:

Still want them deleted? :gaysia:

Yes cause it's keeping me from watching the ****ing video :madge:

I wanted it deleted more than even before :madge: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Archived