Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Million Reasons Selling 2X The Rate Of Runner Up

Economy

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone predict if it's possible for it to become a top 20 (or even top 10) hit based off of the direction it's going? I know absolutely nothing about how sales work, I just know sales don't matter as much as they should compared to streaming. I saw on Twitter that this tracking week may end up at 100k, so is it possible?

Economy
2 hours ago, berlinforme said:

I totally get why they did it, the concept makes sense but it seems wrong to me to rate people actually spending money on something they like not higher than the ones just wanting it for free. Guess I'm too oldschool for streaming, haha. 

I'm not judgemental towards streaming users, though. 

But it is rated higher tho so i dont get what ur saying :rip: 

1 sale counts way more points for the charts than 1 stream. 

But because so few ppl buy now, despite its value per sale, it doesnt have much power on charts anymore

Also streaming has 1 bug advantage in tracking ability...

Most people buy a song only 1 time unless they are obssessed fans trying to get a song to chart higher...

Sales do not tell u if that person got tired of the song a week later and stopped listening to it, or if a month later they are still bopping to it

As a concequence, songs that played a lot on radio and were still popular often started falling in sales and in turn charts cuz people already bought the song despite it still being fully popular

On the other hand big artists debuted lead singles high up in charts too easily cuz all the fans jump on it rightaway even tho the song as a whole isnt even THAT popular yet and most ppl dont even really know it

Streams give a real and direct and consistant view of how popular a song really is still!

Archived