question

Least Favorite Gaga Hit?

Carmex

Featured Posts

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LDR said:

I suppose LoveGame because for the longest time I truly didn't even realize it was a single. I think it was popular pretty much at the same time as Just Dance & Poker Face and those two songs outshined it.

I do love the song, but stacked up against those hits, it doesn't hold up.

Also...Judas. Love the song but it was such a strange single choice.

I agree those singles outshined LoveGame so hard. But the "disco stick" lyric made it pretty relevant. But why do you think Judas was a strange single choice? It was pretty fitting for the era and obvious hit.

Gia Gunn
1 minute ago, Carmex said:

Rightfully so. The better song won. :awkney:

Imagine how iconic a Venus music video could've been :giveup: Now go look at the tragic leftovers from the dwuw video :awkney: 

Just now, kvnrp said:

Paparazzi.

Roast me. :nails:

HDU. It's probably my all time favorite Lady Gaga song. Perfect song, video, performances, etc. 

Just now, Gia Gunn said:

Imagine how iconic a Venus music video could've been :giveup: Now go look at the tragic leftovers from the dwuw video :awkney: 

Judging from the live performances of Venus, not that iconic. Plus as you can tell from the scrapped DWUW video she didn't really have a budget.

1 minute ago, Drin Lon said:

DWUW wasn't really a hit....

I'd say Telephone

I was being generous by adding DWUW. It did sell over 1 million and didn't peak that bad on the charts, plus it got pretty good airplay...All of this in comparison to G.U.Y tanking...it was a hit lol

gagaisitalian
Just now, Carmex said:

I agree those singles outshined LoveGame so hard. But the "disco stick" lyric made it pretty relevant. But why do you think Judas was a strange single choice? It was pretty fitting for the era and obvious hit.

I do agree that it was fitting for the era, but I think it's also important to notice that since that song was released, Gaga has not had a #1 hit. 

I'm not religious and I always knew the lyrics were metaphors for a simple love betrayal, but many people (a lot around me here in Texas) were so disgusted and turned off at her mentioning so many biblical references and even "loving" Judas (who Christians see as evil).

I think it's such a powerful pop song and it's one of my favorites from that album, but I think it was just a risk that didn't pay off for Gaga. She had to scramble to save the era with more radio-friendly singles such as TEOG, and You & I. She knew she had crossed the line with a lot of America by pushing religion into her music so heavily. 

Paparazzi and You and I

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

3 minutes ago, Carmex said:

HDU. It's probably my all time favorite Lady Gaga song. Perfect song, video, performances, etc. 

Apart from the VMA performance and for some months the video, it didn't stick with me at all :lana:

Drin Lon
Just now, Carmex said:

I was being generous by adding DWUW. It did sell over 1 million and didn't peak that bad on the charts, plus it got pretty good airplay...All of this in comparison to G.U.Y tanking...it was a hit lol

Yeah of course. DWUW would have been bigger than Applause if the whole controversy mess didn't happen

Archived