Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga to perform Million Reasons at the Super Bowl.

HolyDelRey

Featured Posts

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewYorkCity

Love how some complain but if million reasons had been #1 for 10 weeks you would all love it. 

Well, Gagadaily. 

OT: MR will slay. It reacts so well to promo, I am sure it will go straight to #1 after the performance. It happened with carpool, imagine with more than 100M viewers. 

nattuggla
29 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

VSFS is watched as much as the halftime show if not more

You have to consider the effect of ratings is a different one when you compare the two events. SB is a much more hyped show with a huge audience which watches it rather live than pre-recorded unlike the VSFS. The latter shows the event on different time points depending on country and TV channel. The time range stretches mostly from beginning of december until january and it is much harder to track the overall sales, streams in general of a song (and so its chart Performance). Additionally VSFS is watched primarily by people who want to see the models and lingerie rather than the performers and their musix while the SB haftime-show is just about the performer and the music. 

grndmothrmonst
43 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

VSFS is watched as much as the halftime show if not more

Sorry. Not even close. The Victorian Secrets Fashion Show averaged 6.5 million viewers.  The SBHS will average at least 100 million viewers. 

8 hours ago, Sylvanas said:

inb4 anyone says 'THE SUPERBOWL IS FOR BOPS ONLY!!!", Katy ended her's with Firework, Madonna ended hers with an almost acoustic version of Like a Prayer. A lot of the shows have ended on an uplifting, emotional, ballad. Not something that's out of the norm.

That's why TEOG and gypsy exists, plus there's nothing uplifting about MR.

Can we do a "SuperBowl spoiler" thread so I don't get everything spoiled when I read the title of new topics ??

Judas Society

I don't see Million Reasons as an uplifting ballad. I mean it's a ballad that ends with a positive note, but throughout it's melancholic. If I were to pick which is Gaga's most uplifting ballad, I'd say TEOG.

MJHolland

It's fine that she wants to play the song. Good for her, it's a pretty good song. 

But the fact that they want to do it to help it out on the charts is kinda of... embarrassing? I mean she already played it at pretty big venues and the song underperformed significantly. 

I just hope that doesn't mean the GP doesn't like the song. Usually when then like songs, they make sure it doesn't "flop". 

Still excited :) 

MJHolland
11 minutes ago, Judas Society said:

I don't see Million Reasons as an uplifting ballad. I mean it's a ballad that ends with a positive note, but throughout it's melancholic. If I were to pick which is Gaga's most uplifting ballad, I'd say TEOG.

If Gaga and her team didn't care about chart success, they would play TEOG no doubt. 

What happened to music not the bling lol?

ShayCristoforo

I think the only way it would work is if it's the last song, or the 2nd last song before a major finish. Either way, the GP seems to like MR which pleasantly surprised me. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Judas Society
2 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

If Gaga and her team didn't care about chart success, they would play TEOG no doubt. 

What happened to music not the bling lol?

I think they would play TEOG. I mean it's one of the most recognizable song by the GP.

Just now, Judas Society said:

I think they would play TEOG. I mean it's one of the most recognizable song by the GP.

TEOG is the one song I'm really praying for. Please, Gags, pleaseeeeee :giveup:

Archived