Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Best Opener/Closer for SB

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

The 2 things that make a great show are an ICONIC entrance and a closer to bring things together. What do you guys think are the best candidates for opener/closer? Personally here are my thoughts :

Opener -

Just Dance - The intro to just dance is iconic, and it could be extended to be a full intro, where she rises to the stage in her silhouette, with sparks shooting from behind her.

The Edge of Glory - Yes, TEOG as an intro. I say this because it is really the only song she could perform on a roof which is how she plans to enter the stadium :emma:

Born This Way - Born This Way's intro is long enough to create a theatrical entrance like she has done in the past, and the song is pretty well known but not her magnum opus, so it would definitely work well as an intro.

NOT Poker Face - ok yes, the muh muh muh muh is iconic, but she can incorporate that into any part of the show. We need a theatrical entrance, and Poker Face as an intro doesn't have the energy IMO. The song is very synthy but not "explosive" or "theatrical" and therefore it wouldnt give enough energy to kick off the show.

Closer -

Bad Romance - Her biggest hit... the reason why I want this to be the closer is because i honestly think that no songs could come after it. Like once Bad Romance is done, thats it, the shows over. It feels weird having a song come after her biggest most iconic song.

Born This Way - If she could do the Organ solo, that would be a pretty theatrical closer, and the ending where her dancers raise their paws is a perfect ending to the show IMO.

The Edge of Glory - This song has its pros and cons. Its a perfect send-off , its epic and intense, and emotional but uplifting, the only problem is that I would imagine Gaga would want to end the show with all her dancers, and a big explosive ending like Bad Romance would feel wierd with another song after it. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she doesn't close with Perfect Illusion I'll sue her

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Just now, Red said:

If she doesn't close with The Edge Of Glory I'll sue her

Correct :awkney:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

Squeeshy Keety
12 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Closer

This fanbase has forever ruined this word for me :wtfga:

Any time I see it, I get disgusted by the GP all over again.

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Just now, Kefir said:

Correct :awkney:

Nope

Sizzily

Poker Face is correct. and she should sing "f-f-f*** her face" during the chorus.

One Banned Boi

1 minute ago, Marco said:

I just hope she does Applause at some point, maybe to close 

I wanted Applause too but she has been lowkey pretending that ARTPOP never happened so it's unrealistic :( 

Sepsami
3 minutes ago, Marco said:

I just hope she does Applause at some point, maybe to close 

She should do the lead for every era + pokerface and another Joanne song or TEOG 

MaryJaneHolland
9 minutes ago, Squeeshy Keety said:

This fanbase have forever ruined this word for me :wtfga:

Anytime I see it, I get disgusted by the GP all over again.

ikr, they let this song flop

Archived