Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
review

Gaga V99 Cover Analysis

Antonio

Featured Posts

Antonio

Posted on @Skai Jackson's behalf

d3c384b9-f9a7-44bf-a852-58f8878f3207.jpg

On V Magazine's 99th issue, Lady Gaga dedicated 16 covers to her “fashion guard". A least favorable magazine cover was a picture of an eerie looking Gaga with a distorted effect. Some people asked: “why is this cover distorted?" and I have a theory—and it's somehow related to The Beatles. With a complete issue devoted to the life and inspiration of the relatively young icon, we see all sides of Gaga as she masterfully pays homage to a curated selection of artists, creatives, and heroes who have inspired her to be the star that we all know today. Such artists include: Isabella Blow, Alexander McQueen, and Karl Lagerfeld, and most notably Alexander McQueen has been affiliated to Gaga since her career started. NOTE: the cover doesn't have any Beatles references, but it's meaning has been something that inspired the band, so its meaning ties to them strongly in my opinion. Take a look at the album cover for “Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". It consists of artists from pop culture and people that have inspired them. Each Beatle—excepting the go-along-to-get-along Ringo Starr—offered suggestions on who should be pictured in the crowd behind them. Some of the inclusions are whimsical or tongue-in-cheek, and a few actually came from art director Robert Fraser and Blake. However, several of the “Club” members were very important to the Beatles’ lives and art, just like the issue that Gaga curated. What about the distorted effect? Well, The Beatles's “Rubber Soul" album cover is also similar to the meaning in a myriad of ways; primarily because of its distorted effect too. The distorted effect in the photo was a reflection of the changing shape of their lives—and how they realized that they were being a product. Gaga has tried to rebel against this notion about being manufactured and simply being herself. Since this cover was made in 2016 in which Gaga had more creative freedom it is not a depiction of her feelings at that time, but it really is in fact about reflection in all ways. She has a new perspective on life and the way she decided to show that is by honoring those who had influenced her along the way (also known as “Gaga's Fashion Guard") and it is a bit sad, you know? She's showing different parts of herself (that could also explain the collage of Gaga as one of the many covers). Would this really be far-fetched if Gaga had released an album of putting art in the forefront of something used to make profit? Discuss.

original_460.jpg

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

sweet spot

inb4 gaga said "i just loved this effect i found on photoshop! put it there fat" and her team did it :toofunny:

RAMROD

Please explain the naked ones with that man that she dumped now???

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

donutellha
17 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Please explain the naked ones with that man that she dumped now???

I thought that was for theadult finger painting article or smth

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

RAMROD
Just now, donutellha said:

I thought that was for the couple's art article or smth

I really wanna see the abstract painting they did tbh, but we'll probably never have the chance to inless we somehow invited to her house or something

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Just now, Nono said:

It was on purpose....

I swear this is the reason for anything bad in her career or anything that doesn't work out, but hey i'll take it :awkney:

1 hour ago, princetomc said:

I swear this is the reason for anything bad in her career or anything that doesn't work out, but hey i'll take it 

Im not delulu fan henny, Nono is always servin hot tea, even when its about Gaga :reductive:

but in this particular picture, I think that was the case, to make it vintage/trashy kind of vibe

Archived