đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I cried when I watched this today

Nono

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I mean, this reaction kind of upsets me. :sweat:

I know she meant it light-heartedly, but I don't know. She's laughing at her old work. I think, even from that, you can tell that she was quite embarrassed by it. 

Even if it looks messy or whatever why did she laugh?

I was shocked tbh... 

:(

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, VenusAsABoy said:

This is the performance art I've been waiting for in ARTPOP :golfclap:  Come to think of it, it's the ending for 'Fame'

All interludes alone have more art than ARTPOP will ever have

:lana:

Pacify Him
1 minute ago, Nono said:

I was shocked tbh... 

Sometimes, laughing at it hides the pain. It's quite normal. But no one really knows what she's really thinking about the subject

I’m getting on your nerves

OMonster
6 minutes ago, Nono said:

I was shocked tbh... 

I know, me too :( 

I adore Gaga and fully, fully respect and embrace that she has to evolve to be the diverse artist that she is. But her whole message of authenticity is kind of thrown into question when she doesn't respect or at least retain the passion she had for some of her older projects. 

It's really sad. Like, did she ever believe in it? Was it just to please us? And If she did believe in all her artsy work, what stopped it? Is she oppressing it for public appeal? Or has it just left her entirely? 

So many questions. :giveup:

subtext / fantasy

Pacify Him
1 minute ago, Nono said:

All interludes alone have more art than ARTPOP will ever have

:lana:

We have that video where she was swinging while in bondage. Looks very painful.

Also the 'walk'

I really love ArtGa :giveup:

I’m getting on your nerves

JohnnyVersace
14 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I'm not bashing her in any way, btw. She's 30 now - she's grown up and has a much better awareness of the world. Her awareness and desire to make the world better is what, in my opinion, has led to her 'change'. She has bigger, more serious things to say now. 

Tbh I hate when people say this. If anything, being older and growing up should allow you to have a broader scope and wider understanding of art. Just because you grow older does not mean you have to be any less crazy or eccentric or artistic. 

The woman has changed, and it's not just age. She let criticism of her art affect her. She fled to California, found solace in Hollywood, and toned down the eccentricity to appease the masses. The fame won. 

LetsGetHigh

What Gaga did back then was not modern or mainstream. That's how she started and got famous. Do you really expect her to not evolve and continue with her non-modern self? No. That's what Joanne is. 

I'm sure her next album will also be something new. And we can't really predict it.

OMonster
4 minutes ago, VenusAsABoy said:

Also the 'walk'

Oh my gosh. I remember this. :giveup:

I would love to have been able to see what happened once she got in that car. I wonder if she just very quickly snapped out of it and treated it very plainly as a publicity statement? Or if it was 'real' and she remained like it for the rest of the journey? 

Imagine what the driver must have been thinking. :emma: 

This is so unbelievably detached and separate from Gaga today. I could never imagine her doing anything like this again. 

subtext / fantasy

10 minutes ago, VenusAsABoy said:

Also the 'walk'

This is AMAZING I miss this Gaga makes me so sad in 2017 I'm trying my hardest to stan something like Joanne from her :madge:

Evan Peters

Wish y'all would stop trying to psychoanalyze a person you don't even personally know, it's embarrassing lmao

emma roberts is an abuser

The Fame Joanne
34 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I mean, this reaction kind of upsets me. :sweat:

I know she meant it light-heartedly, but I don't know. She's laughing at her old work. I think, even from that, you can tell that she was quite embarrassed by it. 

But Volantis honestly was messy and a flop:laughga:

She probably still likes her better crazy work 

3 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

But Volantis honestly was messy and a flop:laughga:

She probably still likes her better crazy work 

That's how I took it. I mean what did y'all expect for her to lie and say it's iconic and timeless? :toofunny:

I laughed with her.

32 minutes ago, VenusAsABoy said:

Also the 'walk'

somehow i decided to listen to PI watching this and i'm shookT

Edonis
41 minutes ago, OMonster said:

She says that but I'm not sure if she really means it. I mean, the fact she recognises a distinction is what makes me think she consciously dropped being 'weird'. 

I'm not bashing her in any way, btw. She's 30 now - she's grown up and has a much better awareness of the world. Her awareness and desire to make the world better is what, in my opinion, has led to her 'change'. She has bigger, more serious things to say now. 

But I still would like to hear her unfiltered views on a lot of her old stuff. I do not think she'd stand by it all anymore. 

I certainly think some of her views on older things and performances and even her art would change, but I do think her fundamental appreciation of "absurd" or "crazy" art that catapulted her career is still there. I get why it's so stripped back and why she chose to focus on the particular sound and image during the Joanne era, but I don't think it warrants an idea that she's over her past work (not that you believe that either. I'm just using that as an example). But ultimately I think with age and experience some of her views would be slightly different. 

Archived