💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga's Superbowl perf. like Michael Jackson's?

Helxig

Featured Posts

Helxig

I just made another thread with a video that compiled everything she's said thus far regarding her Superbowl performance, but when I rewatched the video I found something interesting. At 2:58 when asked which is her favourite Superbowl performance, she says Michael Jackson's. 

Spoiler

So I watched Michael's performance and noticed a few standout features.

Features which I could see Gaga enjoying/appreciating, and taking some influence from:

1. Definite rock vibe at the start! I can see her bringing the rock attitude accompanied by some of her talented guitarists from Joanne.

2. Lots of really sick choreography. Definitely think she's gonna bring that to the Superbowl. We've seen her dancers rehearsing Bad Romance already, and her makeshift rehearsal tent at her home.

3. It had a positive message, and a 'bringing people together' vibe with songs like Black Or White, We Are The Children, and Heal The World. I can see her emulating this for sure, because she's literally said that she wants to perform for her fans, but also for the football fans, and bring different kinds of people together. I could see her performing songs like Born This Way, Come To Mama, or maybe Just Another Day or Edge Of Glory along this theme.

Spoiler

And just as a sidenote I think she'll have some big entrance with a very short version of Just Dance, with a long intro. Because that intro is iconic, and if there is any song that the whole world knows is hers, it's that one. Everyone knows it's her from that first synth note!

(And I know the dancing on the roof thing is totally speculation. But I can't stop myself from picturing her intro of Just Dance starting, the arena going dark, and a spotlight lighting her from above as she dances to JD, and you juts see her sillhouette from inside the stadium. Transition to the second song as she is lowered through a hole in the roof down to the stage)

From Joanne I could also see her performing Diamond Heart or Perfect Illusion or maybe A-Yo.

Also if she performs PI, look at for the sickest mic swing ever :laughga: :rockstar:

These are my predictions! :) 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

The Fame Joanne

Michael's was very boring. I was shocked when I first saw it bc I expected a lot more from him

PartySick
26 minutes ago, Helxig said:

1. Definite rock vibe at the start! I can see her bringing the rock attitude accompanied by some of her talented guitarists from Joanne.

The Dangerous era had some awesome rock undertones even though the actual music was mostly geared more towards pop and RnB. Adding that little bit of Why You Wanna Trip on Me before Jam was a great idea and I could see her doing the same thing with Just Dance before performing another song like Poker Face or Bad Romance :flutter:

When I think about what the setlist might look like, I do imagine it mirroring Michael's.

Why You Wanna Trip on Me / Jam
Billie Jean
Another Part of Me
/ Black or White
We are the World
Heal the World

Becomes something like this:

Just Dance / Poker Face
Bad Romance
A-Yo
/ Perfect Illusion
The Edge of Glory
Born This Way

And I'd be pleased with that :nick: We all have a general sense of what songs she'll perform though. There's some like A-Yo or TEOG that are up in the air but the real mystery is what kind of visuals she'll bring :excited2: Those dancers (I guess that's what you'd call them?) doing that bit during Black or White and bringing out that gigantic choir to sing We are the World and Heal the World while getting the audience involved by holding up those little card things was sweet :wub: I'm expecting Gaga to blow us away though! Maybe a stunt or two, the massive BR choreography, some pyrotechnics, maybe Intel is throwing something in? It'd be great promotion for them too. Give Michael a run for his money, queen :firega:

💚

Helxig
1 hour ago, My Little Phoney said:

I hope Gaga will sing live though

I hope so too! She did say in 2 or 3 interviews that she's excited to sing, so hopefully she does!

1 hour ago, Anduin said:

I neeeed ma ma ma ma for entrance :giveup:

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo :laughga: 

But forget the "RedOne, Konvikt, Gaga"

1 hour ago, Sexxx said:

I'd love to see a recreation of the doppelganger intro that mj did 

That would be incredible! Remember how it was rumoured that she originally wanted to arrive on the red carpet to the 2013 VMAs with doppelgangers of previous eras? She should recycle that!

tumblr_ofsyu5_Kvqv1tl1wfio1_540.jpg

A Gaga from each era enters on stage similarly to how she entered the live ball of each era, they stand in a circle facing each other, then point to the roof, where we see a silhouette cast against the semi-transparent ceiling. Gaga is on the roof. The beginning notes of Just Dance start... doo doo doo doo :laughga: 

1 hour ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Michael's was very boring. I was shocked when I first saw it bc I expected a lot more from him

Gurl that was 1993! For the time his show was incredible! Best of the best! You would've been shocked back in 1993 too. In a positive way.

1 hour ago, PartySick said:

The Dangerous era had some awesome rock undertones even though the actual music was mostly geared more towards pop and RnB. Adding that little bit of Why You Wanna Trip on Me before Jam was a great idea and I could see her doing the same thing with Just Dance before performing another song like Poker Face or Bad Romance :flutter:

When I think about what the setlist might look like, I do imagine it mirroring Michael's.

Why You Wanna Trip on Me / Jam
Billie Jean
Another Part of Me
/ Black or White
We are the World
Heal the World

Becomes something like this:

Just Dance / Poker Face
Bad Romance
A-Yo
/ Perfect Illusion
The Edge of Glory
Born This Way

And I'd be pleased with that :nick: We all have a general sense of what songs she'll perform though. There's some like A-Yo or TEOG that are up in the air but the real mystery is what kind of visuals she'll bring :excited2: Those dancers (I guess that's what you'd call them?) doing that bit during Black or White and bringing out that gigantic choir to sing We are the World and Heal the World while getting the audience involved by holding up those little card things was sweet :wub: I'm expecting Gaga to blow us away though! Maybe a stunt or two, the massive BR choreography, some pyrotechnics, maybe Intel is throwing something in? It'd be great promotion for them too. Give Michael a run for his money, queen :firega:

Definitely! I think her Joanne era is definitely similar in some ways. It's meaningful music, that will last the test of time, and has multiple influences with sometimes a rock undertone. Her live shows always bring some rock anyway, which I love!

That setlist sounds realistic and dope!

I'm looking forward to the visuals too! There's so much they can do these days. And the TV screen stages the pat few years have been very effective. Omg I'd die if she had a choir join her. Pyrotechnics! Everything you said. She has so much potential in her hands.

But I'm still not gonna get my hopes up :sick:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

OMonster

I definitely think she will try to emulate some of what Michael did. Not copy - but take inspiration from. I think that is where this whole roof thing is coming from. Michael's entrance saw him on the roof of a huge tower block... maybe we will get something like that. 

God, I am so excited. Who really knows what she's going to do. Whatever she does though, I am so ready. This is the Super Bowl and Lady Gaga. It can only be iconic. 

subtext / fantasy

I dont really love his Superbowl and i've been worshiped him since ever. And the stand out factor is that it's a privilege to have michael Jackson performing, even if he was in a bad position in the public eye, it's MICHAEL JACKSON, there's excitement in the air.

With Gaga it won't be quite like that

The Fame Joanne
22 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Gurl that was 1993! For the time his show was incredible! Best of the best! You would've been shocked back in 1993 too. In a positive way.

But he had many better performances from that time, I think

And Madonna's Blond Ambition Tour was 1990/91 and it had great visuals

ARTPOPNick
1 minute ago, Killa said:

I want GAgs to sing with a big choir

:reductive:

OT: I didn't like MJ's performance at all, I expected way more of him, but maybe it's just because it's almost 25 years ago..

warhol killer
50 minutes ago, Helxig said:

That would be incredible! Remember how it was rumoured that she originally wanted to arrive on the red carpet to the 2013 VMAs with doppelgangers of previous eras? She should recycle that!

tumblr_ofsyu5_Kvqv1tl1wfio1_540.jpg

A Gaga from each era enters on stage similarly to how she entered the live ball of each era, they stand in a circle facing each other, then point to the roof, where we see a sillhouette cast against the opaque ceiling. Gaga is on the roof. The beginning notes of Just Dance start... doo doo doo doo :laughga: 

@BorisIsHere take notes

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

Hola Soraya
32 minutes ago, Warhol Killer said:

@BorisIsHere take notes

gaga-typewriter.gif?w=671&h=377

I'm so hyped :excited2: but I'm also scared to get my hopes up because of all the great ideas in the thread! :interestinga: 

¿Tú me estás hablando en inglés?

Archived