💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Gaga doesn't have hits anymore

Quark

Featured Posts

Panchecco

I'd rather have her experiment with new genres than release trendy music tbh :reductive:

Joanne is amazing imho and I think it's a very important step in the right direction for Gaga's career. She's mature now and her music reflects that.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only conclude gaga is happy the way it is coz if she wanted younger generation or whatever she could do some collaboration with who ever is popular and they would surely be happy to work with her.

She has enough epic hits tbh

Lets see here

Just Dance

LoveGame

Poker Face

Paparazzi 

Bad Romance

Telephone

Alejandro 

Born This Way 

You and I

The Edge of Glory 

Applause

:nails:

So much bullshit in one post I can't. She still has 'trendy' songs, it's just that she doesn't release them or promote them as she should, she wastes everything on boring singles a la Y&I and MR. PI flopped because it was very underwhelming, got no promo and the video was boring. Had she released DIC/JW/AYO she probably would've had chances.

Besides, she doesn't even need to please younger audiences. She could slay the world even with releasing music for old people. People aren't here for what she's doing right now, that's all. Not even her fans aren't here anymore.

Illuminati

people were really there for her prior to Joanne era and her album was the most anticipated of the year. if she catered to the younger generation releasing even something similar to ARTPOP she would've blown up everywhere. The lead single definitely would have. Now not only did she put out something that's harder to sell but she also seemed to refuse to promote it initially, I think PI could have been an Applause level of a hit or at least a top 10 if she treated it like Million Reasons.

i'm fine with Joanne, it has some interesting material i'm just not feeling that sorry for it not being that successful, she knew exactly what she was doing. ARTPOP could have been successful had she promoted it properly but Joanne is bound to be just an average success. 

xoxo Craig

She has never been about going with the current trend though:oprah: P.I was a hit and Joanne scored Gaga her 4th No.1 album

End Racism Now

HausOfMiklaus

Exactly. What I have been saying for ages. THIS.

oscars-gifs-meryl-streep-jlo.gif

In order to have to a hit song, you need to capture the zeitgeist, and maybe the music Gaga is making maybe doesn't align with the landscape right now. Nothing to do with quality, which remains consistently on point.

Letmelivemylife
14 minutes ago, AURA said:

So much bullshit in one post I can't. She still has 'trendy' songs, it's just that she doesn't release them or promote them as she should, she wastes everything on boring singles a la Y&I and MR. PI flopped because it was very underwhelming, got no promo and the video was boring. Had she released DIC/JW/AYO she probably would've had chances.

Besides, she doesn't even need to please younger audiences. She could slay the world even with releasing music for old people. People aren't here for what she's doing right now, that's all. Not even her fans aren't here anymore.

There are monsters left who love her for who she is just as she loves us for who we are. The ones that are left know the bond between gaga and her monsters is something very powerful and unique to only us. It's a bond that will last a lifetime. I'm not pointing the finger of blame and saying we're better because we stayed. That's not my intention at all. It's perfectly ok to not like Joanne. But I personally think that we should still support her even though we may not like it because she's always been there to support us. Just my 2 cents

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Do you remember when the pop music industry wasn't completely focussed on teens and kids? Loads of hits from the 70's and 80's were by older artists that weren't pandering to teens and kids, nowadays you have to be eternally youthful and 'lit' and whatever the latest word is to have success but back in the day if a song was quality it didn't matter how old the artist was 

alejandreaux
15 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

1) This was obvious... but

2) Not being trendy does not equate not having hits.

It really does these days though, especially since streaming took over the industry. There is plenty of groundbreaking and innovative music being made all the time but songs like "Bad and Boujie" and "Juju on that Beat" are still always preferred by the GP. 

Archived