Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Gaga isnt "cool"

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

Everyone thinks Gaga isnt cool because of Born This Way being too "gay". But I think that there's another reason.

Gaga too often changes her look and sound. The public cant really attach to her because her look and sound and ideas just change too often.. I mean, even her FANS are often conflicted about her decisions; just look at Joanne. If her fans cant all love her direction, how can she keep the GP's attention?

Gaga has undergone a MASSIVE change in music, philosophy, fashion, look, etc. from TFM (her peak) to now. Although BTW WAS polarizing, if she had another TFM-esque era afterwards, she would have probably regained some of her old fame. But ARTPOP further polarized people with it's eccentric sound, and now Joanne, the complete opposite. Meanwhile, look at Katy Perry - still same style, same bops, same genre. Therefore, fans of Katy can stay fans, and the GP knows what to expect. With Gaga, people think pop bops, but Perfect Illusion was so different some people even thought it was P!nk. Some artists DO change, like Taylor, Beyonce and Bruno, but they change to the mainstream trend. Gaga isn't like this; her own artistic capability usually exceeds the public's popular taste.

Now Im not saying Gaga should go back to TFM, its just people blame her loss in popularity on BTW when in reality it was the result of her being "Gaga" - an ever-changing pop artist that makes you question whether you know her every time an album drops; a concept that led to her success AND her unpopularity to the GP. Maybe next era she will pull another 180 turn and go back to dance. Or hip hop. Or metal. Whatever the case, Gaga will continue confuse us and intrigue us regardless of whether her decision is successful.

FGGrayson

true, Joanne isnt cool tbh

i trully love from TF to C2C, Joanne is ok tho :hor:

𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿

Blueskye

I think people liked her when they thought she was just a cool yet wierd pop star, then they realized she has an opinion and they didn't like that. People like their pop music with a side 'just shut up, sing and look pretty' :what:

PunkTheFunk
3 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Maybe next era she will pull another 180 turn and go back to dance. Or hip hop. Or metal.

Or run for President

CK85l-IUMAAi7RT.jpg

Shipper

Gaga was and will always be that weird, artsy and talented kid and not the popular kid in your high school.

She knows she's different and weird and she doesnt care. that's one of the reasons why I started liking her.

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Ryusei

because it's not typical f*ckboy sound which is like all that is successful these days it seems

Musery

Chromatislaps

I don't think that or BTW are the problem necessarily. I rather think Gaga during TF/M and early BTW era gave this sense of mystery and quirkiness. I always thought the videos from The Fame and TFM had this quirky/cheeky vibe while also maintaining a sense of darkness and some mystery. Ever since Marry The Night, The ARTPOP era, C2C, and Joanne, that sense of mystery has disappeared. The sound of her music is not persé the problem. Also, I think her marketing team at the time was a LOT better at bringing her music to a broader audience. Gaga did a lot of low-key performances, which was also one of the reasons The Fame was so successful....she kept promoting it throughout

RochestrMonstr

Her mainstream popularity was already doomed when she exploded so early in her career.  It was out of nowhere.  She seemingly debuted at the top of the world. There was nowhere to go but down from where she was (in terms of popularity). 

The Born This Way era probably gets blamed because that was when her overexposure caused backlash. I believe that was bound to happen. She was burning so brightly, it was a time bomb before people just got sick of her. She wasn't cool anymore to them. 

With ARTPOP and Joanne, it's just a matter of her not wanting to do things the conventional way. She said herself she didn't follow radio trends. She probably could get a hit single if she chose to do something that aligned with what's cool/current, but she seemingly has no interest in doing that. And that's one of the Million Reasons I love her! :) 

BuzzcutSeason

Do people really think its because she's too gay? It's not necessarily because of that. It more has to do with her trying so hard to be different. Sometimes i think it's true (ARTPOP), but people mainly think all she does is try and get attention and is too focused on being different from her peers.

ApplauseftAdele
1 hour ago, BuzzcutSeason said:

Do people really think its because she's too gay? It's not necessarily because of that. It more has to do with her trying so hard to be different. Sometimes i think it's true (ARTPOP), but people mainly think all she does is try and get attention and is too focused on being different from her peers.

No, people think Lady Gaga is a "gay" artist now.... at least from how I see it

Archived