💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Dumbest album concepts?

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Thomas P

Albums that have concepts that are just plain stupid. They don't have to be bad albums, but like you just dont understand the story behind the album.

I say I am...Sasha Feirce. It was literally stupid. The album is pretty good, with some masterpieces on it, but the whole thing made Beyoncé seem like she had split personality. I remember one interview with Ellen, where even Bey started to think it was dumb when she was trying to explain it. 

I also think ARTPOP had a confusing (not dumb) concept too. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
takemetovenus

If someone says Joanne I'm gonna be so pissed :grr:

for me, Crybaby is literally so stupid lmfao :toofunny: not sorry

Irrelevant
2 minutes ago, takemetovenus said:

As a Cry Baby, I am literally so triggered at your comment :grr:

I would say Joanne :classy:

3 minutes ago, takemetovenus said:

If someone says Joanne I'm gonna be so pissed :grr:

We seem to have completely opposite opinions do we? :emma:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Thomas P
Just now, Heterophobia said:

tumblr_ofnmnz5iSR1u6n38po1_250.gif

Omg where do you find these gifs? You and Ghetto have the best ones I swear.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Dominic

Joanne isn't a concept album so it can't be included before anyone tries it :poot:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Bayonetta
Just now, Thomas P said:

Omg where do you find these gifs? You and Ghetto have the best ones I swear.

Tumblr mostly :sweat:

JudasIsAHolyFoo
8 minutes ago, takemetovenus said:

I don't see Cry Baby as a stupid concept. Melanie may be one of my favourite artists, and im not a big big fan of her baby theme, but its a strong and important concept about the struggles some people go through in life. 

Broken families,

Mental Disabilities

Body Image

Broken Love

Drinking

Kidnappings

These are some many important themes in todays society that are faced on a day to day basis, not by everyone, but there are tons of people with disabilities, and me personally I struggle with a broken family and body image. There are people who drink non stop, which can be the cause of broken families or broken love. Kidnappings as silly as it sounds still do happen day to day, and need to be looked at largely. 

Cry Baby may seem like a silly story about a girl and her life, but Melanie touches on important subjects people need to take a closer look at to understand certain things. So I wouldn't say cry baby is a stupid concept. 

Spoiler

And the fact that Melanie herself has struggled from a lot of these things (not all of them) is important as well, cause shes expressing her thoughts and feelings as the album goes on.

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

No related to OP at all but I love how the internet keeps using old gifs from Brazil thinking they discovered gold lol

GagaXCupcakke

Sam Smith-In the Lonley Hour.  He made a whole album about relationships. But afterwards he said he had never had a boyfriend before.  

It's dumb to make an album about stuff you've never experienced before just to sell albums :nails:

takemetovenus
3 minutes ago, JudasIsAHolyFoo said:

I don't see Cry Baby as a stupid concept. Melanie may be one of my favourite artists, and im not a big big fan of her baby theme, but its a strong and important concept about the struggles some people go through in life. 

Broken families,

Mental Disabilities

Body Image

Broken Love

Drinking

Kidnappings

These are some many important themes in todays society that are faced on a day to day basis, not by everyone, but there are tons of people with disabilities, and me personally I struggle with a broken family and body image. There are people who drink non stop, which can be the cause of broken families or broken love. Kidnappings as silly as it sounds still do happen day to day, and need to be looked at largely. 

Cry Baby may seem like a silly story about a girl and her life, but Melanie touches on important subjects people need to take a closer look at to understand certain things. So I wouldn't say cry baby is a stupid concept. 

Reveal hidden contents

And the fact that Melanie herself has struggled from a lot of these things (not all of them) is important as well, cause shes expressing her thoughts and feelings as the album goes on.

I can respect the message but I'm so tired of these indie pop try hard edgy teen artists that sell their merch at hot topic feeling like they need to sugarcoat everything in aesthetics. :madge: I like Joanne because it's upfront and real. It doesn't compromise the reality of the message for the sake of looking/being pretty. :classy: Some of the songs on Crybaby are good tho.

Bayonetta
2 minutes ago, Bio said:

No related to OP at all but I love how the internet keeps using old gifs from Brazil thinking they discovered gold lol

Sis I just found a gif and I like it, calm down. :awkney:

JudasIsAHolyFoo
2 minutes ago, takemetovenus said:

I can respect the message but I'm so tired of these indie pop try hard edgy teen artists that sell their merch at hot topic feeling like they need to sugarcoat everything in aesthetics. :madge: I like Joanne because it's upfront and real. It doesn't compromise the reality of the message for the sake of looking/being pretty. :classy: Some of the songs on Crybaby are good tho.

y'all gotta remember from the Fame Era to the BTW Era Gaga sold her merch at HT too, A crap ton of it at that (I should know cause i was the person to buy it :laughga:)

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

takemetovenus
2 minutes ago, JudasIsAHolyFoo said:

y'all gotta remember from the Fame Era to the BTW Era Gaga sold her merch at HT too, A crap ton of it at that (I should know cause i was the person to buy it :laughga:)

Fair point, Hot Topic wasn't complete cringe at one point :giggle:

Archived