💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Hey Girl performed at Superbowl?

Notthebling

Featured Posts

MJHolland
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

Having a fantastic opportunity like this and not promoting Joanne? That's stupid. This is literally one of the biggest, if not the biggest stages in the United States, not taking this to advertise Joanne wouldn't be smart whatsoever. 

You can't just let Joanne be. She has to promote it and continue fighting for it. Just because you may not like it doesn't mean that other's don't. Personally, I think this is her best album, musically speaking, along with BTW. Plus, this album is her most personal, I mean, an album titled after your late aunt? You're not going to just sweep that under the rug and start a new album.

Reveal hidden contents

And, don't you come for DIC 

tumblr_mda2clHDNv1rqnoczo1_400.gif

But Joanne as an album has dropped off the face of this earth already?  Nobody cares about it anymore lol. Just go look at the #1 trending thread on this site rn :awkney: The GP doesn't even know what Joanne is :ladyhaha:

Also, stop right there. She may claim Joanne is her most personal album but can you honestly tell me ONE new thing you learned about Gaga this album cycle? ARTPOP had songs about her being raped, GUY was a commentary on not only gender roles she faces but also her opinion on the oppressive ways of the music industry, told stories about her romances, etc.

Joanne has almost no personal songs other than PI. I literally cannot believe she claimed MR was her most personal video, unless she is trying to says she's now lazy and uncreative. Just look at BTW and ARTPOP, they are MUCH better and WAY more personal and raw and revealing albums.

It doesn't matter that she named it after her late aunt that she never met. That doesn't automatically make it personal somehow? Honestly which songs do you think are personal that only Gaga could sing? The lyrics and concepts are so vague and general that ANYONE could sing them.

And then to throw a song in there about finger blasting yourself? On an album to pay respect to your dad's dead sister, she's really going to sing about fingering herself? And having sex with cowboys? I'm sorry but to me that just seems blatantly distasteful.

DIC would flop just like all the other singles of the album for the same reason GUY flopped. The GP is not and will never be here for songs with raunchy topics like power bottoming or female masturbation, especially with cringeworthy lyrics.

Like, this site trashes Closer for being basic and cringeworthy yet praises Gaga when she sings about finger blasting herself on an album made for her dead aunt. This is why people don't like Lady Gaga anymore :lolly:

/rant  

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
amazinglyjon

Love the song, but I think Gaga should stick to the hits that everyone knows. Only Joanne song I'm expecting her to perform is Perfect Illusion (maybe John Wayne or Diamond Heart). 

EDIT: Forgot about AYO.

Reality
4 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

But Joanne as an album has dropped off the face of this earth already?  Nobody cares about it anymore lol. Just go look at the #1 trending thread on this site rn :awkney: The GP doesn't even know what Joanne is :ladyhaha:

Also, stop right there. She may claim Joanne is her most personal album but can you honestly tell me ONE new thing you learned about Gaga this album cycle? ARTPOP had songs about her being raped, GUY was a commentary on not only gender roles she faces but also her opinion on the oppressive ways of the music industry, told stories about her romances, etc.

Joanne has almost no personal songs other than PI. I literally cannot believe she claimed MR was her most personal video, unless she is trying to says she's now lazy and uncreative. Just look at BTW and ARTPOP, they are MUCH better and WAY more personal and raw and revealing albums.

It doesn't matter that she named it after her late aunt that she never met. That doesn't automatically make it personal somehow? Honestly which songs do you think are personal that only Gaga could sing? The lyrics and concepts are so vague and general that ANYONE could sing them.

And then to throw a song in there about finger blasting yourself? On an album to pay respect to your dad's dead sister, she's really going to sing about fingering herself? And having sex with cowboys? I'm sorry but to me that just seems blatantly distasteful.

DIC would flop just like all the other singles of the album for the same reason GUY flopped. The GP is not and will never be here for songs with raunchy topics like power bottoming or female masturbation, especially with cringeworthy lyrics.

Like, this site trashes Closer for being basic and cringeworthy yet praises Gaga when she sings about finger blasting herself on an album made for her dead aunt. This is why people don't like Lady Gaga anymore :lolly:

/rant  

First off, the album itself isn't dedicated solely to her late aunt. It's an inspiration for it. This album was made for 2 reasons: 1) To try to get people who are from different walks of life, with different like and dislikes together; and 2) To try to open up more about "Stefani" and less about "Gaga".

Have you not seen the CBS Sunday Morning interview? That was one of the most emotional and most heartfelt interviews I've heard from her. She's opening up a little bit more and being less "dramatic" in order for people to see the girl behind all the makeup, all the costumes, and all of the wigs. 

Joanne, in a sense, is about freedom. It's just about putting out music that she, at the time, was passionate about and she felt like she needed to express that. Every song on this album is deeply personal, meaningful, and autobiographical. Do I know all the meanings to all the songs? No, and I'm sure she added DIC in for a reason.

BTW and ARTPOP are some of her most intimate albums, and they reveal a lot of pain and secrets, as well as a lot of raw emotion and raw feeling. However, those examined Lady Gaga. Joanne examines Stefani and her life. And that's not to say that BTW and ARTPOP also didn't examine Stefani, but it's very clear that this album doesn't examine "Gaga", as her persona.

Having a song about masturbation on an album like this is a bit awkward, I admit, but she purposefully put this song on here for a reason. Perhaps it is to try to dilute this stigma about women and sexuality, I don't know, I'm not Gaga. But if it was disrespectful, she wouldn't have put it on the album in the first place.

___

To get back on the subject of the SB though, I'm sorry, but you must be stupid if you were her manager and not let her sing something off of Joanne. I'm not saying, and no one is saying, that she has to perform 4 songs off of it or something. 1, 2 songs max would be fine. Wanting her to not perform something off of Joanne is like telling water to stay dry. It's just ludicrous. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

GagaUnderYou

Beyonce over Florence. Kind of wish Hey Girl never happened in the first place. Beyonce basically runs the world at this point she would be kind of helpful for Gaga and Telephone finally needs a live performance. 

MJHolland
57 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

First off, the album itself isn't dedicated solely to her late aunt. It's an inspiration for it. This album was made for 2 reasons: 1) To try to get people who are from different walks of life, with different like and dislikes together; and 2) To try to open up more about "Stefani" and less about "Gaga".

Have you not seen the CBS Sunday Morning interview? That was one of the most emotional and most heartfelt interviews I've heard from her. She's opening up a little bit more and being less "dramatic" in order for people to see the girl behind all the makeup, all the costumes, and all of the wigs. 

Joanne, in a sense, is about freedom. It's just about putting out music that she, at the time, was passionate about and she felt like she needed to express that. Every song on this album is deeply personal, meaningful, and autobiographical. Do I know all the meanings to all the songs? No, and I'm sure she added DIC in for a reason.

BTW and ARTPOP are some of her most intimate albums, and they reveal a lot of pain and secrets, as well as a lot of raw emotion and raw feeling. However, those examined Lady Gaga. Joanne examines Stefani and her life. And that's not to say that BTW and ARTPOP also didn't examine Stefani, but it's very clear that this album doesn't examine "Gaga", as her persona.

Having a song about masturbation on an album like this is a bit awkward, I admit, but she purposefully put this song on here for a reason. Perhaps it is to try to dilute this stigma about women and sexuality, I don't know, I'm not Gaga. But if it was disrespectful, she wouldn't have put it on the album in the first place.

___

To get back on the subject of the SB though, I'm sorry, but you must be stupid if you were her manager and not let her sing something off of Joanne. I'm not saying, and no one is saying, that she has to perform 4 songs off of it or something. 1, 2 songs max would be fine. Wanting her to not perform something off of Joanne is like telling water to stay dry. It's just ludicrous. 

"To try to get people who are from different walks of life, with different like and dislikes together"

This is literally what Gaga has said about every album since BTW, lol... in fact the whole (albeit vague) meaning behind ARTPOP was to bring different concepts (art and pop) as well as different people together 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

"We could belong together" tease

Every single album that Gaga puts out she claims is her most personal. She even claims that MR is her most personal video! Obviously, OBVIOUSLY you cannot trust Gaga was she says something is super personal to her. She is just too attached to her work to see it objectively (perhaps).. at least imo.

So when she says that, it doesn't automatically make it true. I'm not trying to put words or thought into Gaga's mouth or speak for her, but you simply CANNOT sit here and tell me that the Million Reasons video is more personal that the Marry The Night video....:oprah:

Also, I have to be honest. I have NO idea what that bolded paragraph means. You do realize that Gaga and Stef are the same person at the end of the day, right? Like she doesn't have multiple personality disorder :ladyhaha:

My last point is this: I'm struggling to understand why you are trying to blindly defend her, because to me that's what it seems like you're doing. 1) You're repeating her message even though she recycled the same "this is my most personal [blank]/this album is about bringing people together, etc." type of message for basically everything she does. And 2) You're defend a song like DIC and claim it's a personal song even though you have no idea why it's personal? 

Gaga has said a few times this era that this is not a concept album but rather a personal album. So why would DIC be about female empowerment or sexual liberation? That makes no sense. So unless fingering themselves has been a huge and integral part of "Stefanie's" and Joanne's lives, I have no idea why the f*ck the song made it to the final cut of the album. If that's true then you have to admit that maybe everything wasn't so thought out and Joanne isn't the pure masterpiece one might think it is.

I just don't know why you're claiming that these songs/this album is personal even though the lyrics and concepts are so vague and obscure that we don't even know what they mean or what they're referring to (e.g. Sinner's Prayer). What good does it do to make a "personal" album that no one can decipher other than yourself? IMO that makes it pretty impersonal. 

-----

Now back on topic, I never said she shouldn't play zero songs from Joanne. I said PI would be a fine song for it and tbh I kind of selfishly want her to play it! I REALLY love Perfect Illusion and I agree that it is the PERFECT stadium song! :rockstar:

I also said MR could be played, although I think it's too slow and not a hit enough to earn a spot for the venue. It is the super bowl after all and I bet hardly anyone knows of MR (at least a few more can sing along to PI).

Although if Flop Girl is played at the Super Bowl I will actually jump off a bridge I think. 

Reality
3 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

"To try to get people who are from different walks of life, with different like and dislikes together"

This is literally what Gaga has said about every album since BTW, lol... in fact the whole (albeit vague) meaning behind ARTPOP was to bring different concepts (art and pop) as well as different people together 

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

"We could belong together" tease

Every single album that Gaga puts out she claims is her most personal. She even claims that MR is her most personal video! Obviously, OBVIOUSLY you cannot trust Gaga was she says something is super personal to her. She is just too attached to her work to see it objectively (perhaps).. at least imo.

So when she says that, it doesn't automatically make it true. I'm not trying to put words or thought into Gaga's mouth or speak for her, but you simply CANNOT sit here and tell me that the Million Reasons video is more personal that the Marry The Night video....:oprah:

Also, I have to be honest. I have NO idea what that bolded paragraph means. You do realize that Gaga and Stef are the same person at the end of the day, right? Like she doesn't have multiple personality disorder :ladyhaha:

My last point is this: I'm struggling to understand why you are trying to blindly defend her, because to me that's what it seems like you're doing. 1) You're repeating her message even though she recycled the same "this is my most personal [blank]/this album is about bringing people together, etc." type of message for basically everything she does. And 2) You're defend a song like DIC and claim it's a personal song even though you have no idea why it's personal? 

Gaga has said a few times this era that this is not a concept album but rather a personal album. So why would DIC be about female empowerment or sexual liberation? That makes no sense. So unless fingering themselves has been a huge and integral part of "Stefanie's" and Joanne's lives, I have no idea why the f*ck the song made it to the final cut of the album. If that's true then you have to admit that maybe everything wasn't so thought out and Joanne isn't the pure masterpiece one might think it is.

I just don't know why you're claiming that these songs/this album is personal even though the lyrics and concepts are so vague and obscure that we don't even know what they mean or what they're referring to (e.g. Sinner's Prayer). What good does it do to make a "personal" album that no one can decipher other than yourself? IMO that makes it pretty impersonal. 

-----

Now back on topic, I never said she shouldn't play zero songs from Joanne. I said PI would be a fine song for it and tbh I kind of selfishly want her to play it! I REALLY love Perfect Illusion and I agree that it is the PERFECT stadium song! :rockstar:

I also said MR could be played, although I think it's too slow and not a hit enough to earn a spot for the venue. It is the super bowl after all and I bet hardly anyone knows of MR (at least a few more can sing along to PI).

Although if Flop Girl is played at the Super Bowl I will actually jump off a bridge I think. 

ARTPOP and Born This Way were personal indeed, but not at the same level as Joanne. Joanne is examining her from a more "human perspective", and that's what I meant by examining Stefani and Lady Gaga.

She said herself in the CBS Sunday Morning interview, that she'd always wanted to put on the makeup, and the heels, and the clothes, and the wigs, etc. etc. because she wanted her fans to always see her in her art form. It's very obviously that in this era, while she's still eclectic and has that "Gaga" factor, she has toned down a bit. With the clothes, and with the hair—not having wigs anymore—hell, even her makeup.

What I meant by the bolded paragraph, and really by the rest of my response, was that Gaga has taken this album and turned it into something deeply meaning and personal, from a more "human perspective". She wants to show people Stefani, she wants to incorporate genres and styles of Stefani. The sounds of songs like Just Another Day, Diamond Heart, and even Dancin' In Circles are reminiscent of her roots as that teenage, rebellious girl living in NY.

And, just because it's not a concept album, doesn't mean that there are concepts behind certain songs. Hell, there's a whole concept behind Perfect Illusion—which she has stated numerous times throughout the early interviews she did about the song. The album itself is nonconceptual—however, it erases "fame" from the equation, something she also brought up, and something I've been trying to say. This looks at Lady Gaga without the fame, as Stefani.

To comment on BTW though, if anything, I think the album's more about embracing who you are, not necessarily bringing people together. If that were the case, it wouldn't have been so controversial. The album's about letting out your inner rebel, not necessarily trying to hold hands and sing Kumbaya. 

As for DIC, look I'm not Gaga, and I'm not going to pretend to know something about her, but there's a reason why she put DIC on that album. Maybe masturbation was an integral part of Stefani/Gaga or something, I don't know. She's always open to talking about sex and stuff, so, who knows. Hell, I can't even decipher Sinner's Prayer, a song you brought up, so, we shouldn't judge her for the types of songs she puts on her album. And, that doesn't make it "impersonal" at all, if anything, that makes it even more personal. Something being personal has no correlation to how other people view it. If it's personal, it's personal. There shouldn't be an explanation or a note about why it's personal. 

---

As for the SB, I'm hoping for PI—could you imagine the raw energy and adrenaline with that song?! Amazing, and A-YO or DIC.

I have a feeling she may perform MR and try to promote that more, but honestly, I hope she doesn't. I mean, Hey Girl's not going to get played, unless she decides to bring Florence out as a guest or something, so I wouldn't worry about that.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

MJHolland
3 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

ARTPOP and Born This Way were personal indeed, but not at the same level as Joanne. Joanne is examining her from a more "human perspective", and that's what I meant by examining Stefani and Lady Gaga.

She said herself in the CBS Sunday Morning interview, that she'd always wanted to put on the makeup, and the heels, and the clothes, and the wigs, etc. etc. because she wanted her fans to always see her in her art form. It's very obviously that in this era, while she's still eclectic and has that "Gaga" factor, she has toned down a bit. With the clothes, and with the hair—not having wigs anymore—hell, even her makeup.

What I meant by the bolded paragraph, and really by the rest of my response, was that Gaga has taken this album and turned it into something deeply meaning and personal, from a more "human perspective". She wants to show people Stefani, she wants to incorporate genres and styles of Stefani. The sounds of songs like Just Another Day, Diamond Heart, and even Dancin' In Circles are reminiscent of her roots as that teenage, rebellious girl living in NY.

And, just because it's not a concept album, doesn't mean that there are concepts behind certain songs. Hell, there's a whole concept behind Perfect Illusion—which she has stated numerous times throughout the early interviews she did about the song. The album itself is nonconceptual—however, it erases "fame" from the equation, something she also brought up, and something I've been trying to say. This looks at Lady Gaga without the fame, as Stefani.

To comment on BTW though, if anything, I think the album's more about embracing who you are, not necessarily bringing people together. If that were the case, it wouldn't have been so controversial. The album's about letting out your inner rebel, not necessarily trying to hold hands and sing Kumbaya. 

As for DIC, look I'm not Gaga, and I'm not going to pretend to know something about her, but there's a reason why she put DIC on that album. Maybe masturbation was an integral part of Stefani/Gaga or something, I don't know. She's always open to talking about sex and stuff, so, who knows. Hell, I can't even decipher Sinner's Prayer, a song you brought up, so, we shouldn't judge her for the types of songs she puts on her album. And, that doesn't make it "impersonal" at all, if anything, that makes it even more personal. Something being personal has no correlation to how other people view it. If it's personal, it's personal. There shouldn't be an explanation or a note about why it's personal. 

---

As for the SB, I'm hoping for PI—could you imagine the raw energy and adrenaline with that song?! Amazing, and A-YO or DIC.

I have a feeling she may perform MR and try to promote that more, but honestly, I hope she doesn't. I mean, Hey Girl's not going to get played, unless she decides to bring Florence out as a guest or something, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Ok, I think I get what you're saying, especially with the whole wardrobe thing. Playing down Gaga and playing up Stefanie. I think a lot of people predicted this in the pre-era fashion and hypothesized that the album would be called Stephanie, so I totally get where you're coming from.

I totally agree on the fashion side, it's just that to me the album doesn't reflect a more Stephanie feel. Like, when I listen to it it's just a bunch of pop songs that are trying to be country but are too afraid to go all the way there. And this is coming from a girl who was born and raised on the upper east side, I just don't seem how to music relates. I would love for you to give me an example about one unique personal attribute the music itself has.

For example, Gaga has sung about heartbreak and female empowerment a million times (Bad Romance, Scheiße, etc.) so I just don't get why it's somehow more personal on Joanne? At least in previous eras we had supporting fashion and grand artistic videos to back those up (e.g. the meat dress to deliver powerful commentary against Don't Ask, Don't Tell - something she felt very passionate about).

And I understand that we might not know the true meaning behind some like Sinner's Prayer, and I understand that it probably has some deeper meaning we fans don't see. However, in past eras when we got some that seems vague, we also got accompanying context to help us decipher and extract deeper meaning. Alejandro is a perfect example. The lyrics seem vague and frankly bizarre, but the video delivers extreme powerful and ultimately scornful commentary on religion, and specifically Catholicism. This speaks volumes to Gaga's early life and and childhood as a young girl being raised in a Catholic family, and explores her eventual evolving relationship with God and her developing spirituality.  

Spoiler

OK that last paragraph is what I love and miss about Gaga this era. Being able to write papers about Gaga's art is what I miss the MOST haha! I first fell in love with her and art and music tbh when I watch Jeff Koons' critical and academic commentary on ARTPOP and I quickly became obsessed with art and Andy Warhol and enthralled in Gaga's work which I had previously though was mindless pop music. THAT is what I miss in the Joanne era, and that is why I probably come off as bitter sometimes.

Alright haha I'm sorry to rant with you but tbh this has been a deeply enjoyable discussion that I'm really glad we had because you really opened my understanding of/respect for somethings about Joanne as an album :) 

---

OMG CAN WE PLEASE talk about how Perfect Illusion NEEDS to be the opening number?!?!? OK maybe not the full song but I NEEEEED Mark Ronson to RIP that electric guitar and let that note bleed out and a few second.

Literally if that shrieking guitar chord is played (the one that opens PI) to start Gaga's performance I WILL cream my f*cking pants :ladyhaha:

Also Hey Girl is a bit too bland and unknown and slow to be played at this venue unless it is made a single like, last week haha.

BuzzcutSeason

I don't know if i would cry or laugh if she actually started singing "Hey Girl! Hey Girl! We don't need to keep one-in up another!!!!" during the halftime show. The song has a powerful message thats easy to understand but it would be a mess if she did that.

Reality
5 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Ok, I think I get what you're saying, especially with the whole wardrobe thing. Playing down Gaga and playing up Stefanie. I think a lot of people predicted this in the pre-era fashion and hypothesized that the album would be called Stephanie, so I totally get where you're coming from.

I totally agree on the fashion side, it's just that to me the album doesn't reflect a more Stephanie feel. Like, when I listen to it it's just a bunch of pop songs that are trying to be country but are too afraid to go all the way there. And this is coming from a girl who was born and raised on the upper east side, I just don't seem how to music relates. I would love for you to give me an example about one unique personal attribute the music itself has.

For example, Gaga has sung about heartbreak and female empowerment a million times (Bad Romance, Scheiße, etc.) so I just don't get why it's somehow more personal on Joanne? At least in previous eras we had supporting fashion and grand artistic videos to back those up (e.g. the meat dress to deliver powerful commentary against Don't Ask, Don't Tell - something she felt very passionate about).

And I understand that we might not know the true meaning behind some like Sinner's Prayer, and I understand that it probably has some deeper meaning we fans don't see. However, in past eras when we got some that seems vague, we also got accompanying context to help us decipher and extract deeper meaning. Alejandro is a perfect example. The lyrics seem vague and frankly bizarre, but the video delivers extreme powerful and ultimately scornful commentary on religion, and specifically Catholicism. This speaks volumes to Gaga's early life and and childhood as a young girl being raised in a Catholic family, and explores her eventual evolving relationship with God and her developing spirituality.  

Reveal hidden contents

OK that last paragraph is what I love and miss about Gaga this era. Being able to write papers about Gaga's art is what I miss the MOST haha! I first fell in love with her and art and music tbh when I watch Jeff Koons' critical and academic commentary on ARTPOP and I quickly became obsessed with art and Andy Warhol and enthralled in Gaga's work which I had previously though was mindless pop music. THAT is what I miss in the Joanne era, and that is why I probably come off as bitter sometimes.

Alright haha I'm sorry to rant with you but tbh this has been a deeply enjoyable discussion that I'm really glad we had because you really opened my understanding of/respect for somethings about Joanne as an album :) 

---

OMG CAN WE PLEASE talk about how Perfect Illusion NEEDS to be the opening number?!?!? OK maybe not the full song but I NEEEEED Mark Ronson to RIP that electric guitar and let that note bleed out and a few second.

Literally if that shrieking guitar chord is played (the one that opens PI) to start Gaga's performance I WILL cream my f*cking pants :ladyhaha:

Also Hey Girl is a bit too bland and unknown and slow to be played at this venue unless it is made a single like, last week haha.

Well, first, you shouldn't have to apologize for "ranting" with me. Despite our differing views, I love this dicussion! I wish more Monsters were like this in the sense that we can have intelligent and meaningful conversations about art, music, Gaga, etc. etc. :)

To sort of go back to the points you mentioned though, the part I bolded is sort of a pet peeve of mine with this new era. Joanne isn't country, it's not trying to be country. The only songs with a evident country influence are A-YO, Million Reasons, and Sinner's Prayer. And even then, A-YO is a funky/country/pop song—the sound is very reminiscent of Mark Ronson if you ask me—and MR looses it "country-esque" vibes the more you listen to it. Honestly, at first, with MR, I was like ":awkney:" because it was "too country", but the more I listen to it, it's just sounding like a pop ballad if you ask me. 

That aside, to show you an example of the music itself having a special attribute with Joanne, I feel like with other albums, we would get these really deep and powerful meanings, accompanied with a pop sound. Just Another Day is a perfect example of a type of song on Joanne that infuses not only the message, but the sound. JAD sounds like something that could perfectly go on Red and Blue—the album she made before becoming "Gaga". It "showcases" Stefani through the sound of the music, not necessarily "Gaga".

I get what you mean about having trouble deciding how this album is different and more meaningful than her previous albums though. Gaga's a very emotional person, and doesn't necessarily see things objectively, but very subjectively, so she'll say now and again "This is the best day of my life by far" or "This is the most personal thing I've ever done", etc. etc. However, when you have an album like this, which examines herself like an "old cadaver", I truly believe that this is her most personal piece of work, so far.

---

Perfect Illusion would be a great opening number!! The song itself was made for stadiums, I just really, really, really hope she decides to play it!!

However, Poker Face, Just Dance, and Bad Romance would all make great openings too! :D

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

MJHolland
27 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Well, first, you shouldn't have to apologize for "ranting" with me. Despite our differing views, I love this dicussion! I wish more Monsters were like this in the sense that we can have intelligent and meaningful conversations about art, music, Gaga, etc. etc. :)

To sort of go back to the points you mentioned though, the part I bolded is sort of a pet peeve of mine with this new era. Joanne isn't country, it's not trying to be country. The only songs with a evident country influence are A-YO, Million Reasons, and Sinner's Prayer. And even then, A-YO is a funky/country/pop song—the sound is very reminiscent of Mark Ronson if you ask me—and MR looses it "country-esque" vibes the more you listen to it. Honestly, at first, with MR, I was like ":awkney:" because it was "too country", but the more I listen to it, it's just sounding like a pop ballad if you ask me. 

That aside, to show you an example of the music itself having a special attribute with Joanne, I feel like with other albums, we would get these really deep and powerful meanings, accompanied with a pop sound. Just Another Day is a perfect example of a type of song on Joanne that infuses not only the message, but the sound. JAD sounds like something that could perfectly go on Red and Blue—the album she made before becoming "Gaga". It "showcases" Stefani through the sound of the music, not necessarily "Gaga".

I get what you mean about having trouble deciding how this album is different and more meaningful than her previous albums though. Gaga's a very emotional person, and doesn't necessarily see things objectively, but very subjectively, so she'll say now and again "This is the best day of my life by far" or "This is the most personal thing I've ever done", etc. etc. However, when you have an album like this, which examines herself like an "old cadaver", I truly believe that this is her most personal piece of work, so far.

---

Perfect Illusion would be a great opening number!! The song itself was made for stadiums, I just really, really, really hope she decides to play it!!

However, Poker Face, Just Dance, and Bad Romance would all make great openings too! :D

Haha I know, I call it a mediocre country album only is jest :ladyhaha:

But you have to admit, having 3-4 with heavy country influence is kinda of, idk, strange for a Lady Gaga album. I think if you told people that Lady Gaga put out 3 country sound on an album of only 11 songs (that's over a quarter of the songs on the album being "country"), they would maybe look at you funny.

And now that you mention it, I think I see where you're coming from with JAD. The only reason why I don't think I noticed that is because I really dislike the song :laughga: (Well at least it's my least favorite from the album).

So maybe this just means I don't dig the OG Gaga music? I also guess that's alright because not everything is meant for everybody haha. I still really appreciate the album, it's just that I fell in love with Gaga when she want avant garde so I kind of hoped for that artistic depth, especially considering all the time we waited for LG5

--

Tbh I don't think Just Dance should open. I understand that it's her breakout hit but idk I just feel like it was a relatively shallow song that blew up when Gaga was really yearning to make a more profound and deep artistic statement. Although if it was the opener I guess I could get into it.

I'm so excited for this performance, even more hyped than I was for the Intel + Gaga OG concept performance :sweat:

Reality
2 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Haha I know, I call it a mediocre country album only is jest :ladyhaha:

But you have to admit, having 3-4 with heavy country influence is kinda of, idk, strange for a Lady Gaga album. I think if you told people that Lady Gaga put out 3 country sound on an album of only 11 songs (that's over a quarter of the songs on the album being "country"), they would maybe look at you funny.

And now that you mention it, I think I see where you're coming from with JAD. The only reason why I don't think I noticed that is because I really dislike the song :laughga: (Well at least it's my least favorite from the album).

So maybe this just means I don't dig the OG Gaga music? I also guess that's alright because not everything is meant for everybody haha. I still really appreciate the album, it's just that I fell in love with Gaga when she want avant garde so I kind of hoped for that artistic depth, especially considering all the time we waited for LG5

--

Tbh I don't think Just Dance should open. I understand that it's her breakout hit but idk I just feel like it was a relatively shallow song that blew up when Gaga was really yearning to make a more profound and deep artistic statement. Although if it was the opener I guess I could get into it.

I'm so excited for this performance, even more hyped than I was for the Intel + Gaga OG concept performance :sweat:

Well, I mean even then, like I said, A-YO is sort of funk meets pop meets country, and MR sounds more a pop ballad than just straight up country. Sinner's Prayer though has an undoubtedly strong amount of country influence, so in ymy mind into like a 1/14 or 2/14 at most that there's any country on the album. That being said, I guess to each their own.

---

I get what you mean by Just Dance. I was just saying that it, like Poker Face and Bad Romance, it has a strong opening. In terms of its meaning, yeah it is relatively shallow,  but it's still her break out hit. She better play it :sweat:

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Can we stop doubting our ****ing fav, who by the way is Lady Gaga ... ?  

"We need Beyonce" 

"A lot of people love Florence"  

a lot of people love Gaga too. 

Archived