Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Do you really believe Gaga deserved to win a Golden Globe

pedrohemg

Featured Posts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only the people who follow Gaga and know the personality she's showed the world during her career will think her role in AHS was no big deal. 

JevyDuty

All I know is that she deserved that OSCAR so the least the universe could have done was to give her that Golden Globe. 

So yeah, she deserved it because she actually deserved more.:nails:

HOTNebraskaGuy

I think she deserved it, just like every one nominated deserved one too. :happy:

she was just lucky enough to be the one who got it

One, five, ten lay a million on me

PunkTheFunk

I said this back in January last year and everyone dragged me :madge: Glad to see you're all coming to your senses

sipthistea
1 hour ago, Decodekid said:

for those saying no, it's so funny cause everyone in here was soo excited for Gaga to win an Oscar so why not a Golden Globe :flutter:

Because she deserved the Oscar more than the Golden Globe.( Still think Gaga and Diane were robbed that night). She has yet to prove how good she's as an actress, 'cause Ryan Murphy just gave her a role where she was being a 'mean Gaga'. Nothing groundbreaking about it.

Her role in Roanoke was even more interesting, though she only appeared twice. 

No. It's one of life's little moments where you humour something that you never thought could happen and it does. Like Pixar's Brave getting an Oscar, Trump a President, Roxxxy Andrews reaching as high as she did - both times..

...and Gaga losing the Oscar - karma was restored. 

StrawberryBlond

Not that I watched any of the other performances, or Gaga's (in full) for that matter, but from the clips that I did see of Gaga, I think she deserved it. Thing is, the nature of her role unfortunately turns a lot of people off from thinking her acting is good. She's playing the role of a ruthless, sociopathic wh0re. Unsurprisingly, we tend to dislike such people in reality, meaning we can dislike them onscreen. This is why some people don't understand when you say that you find a villain very attractive. In real life, a nasty personality tends to be the ultimate factor in whether we like someone or not and looks won't make a nasty person appealing. But acting in film is a different thing. But not everyone is attuned to that whole 'separate fantasy from reality' idea, even ones who complain that kids find that concept so difficult while also struggling with it themselves! So, yeah, a lot of us can follow our real life morals onscreen and will be turned off by villainous characters, ergo, perhaps think that the acting required in that role is not as good as the acting for a sympathetic hero character. It's all a mind trick.

Gaga did her role fantastically, from what I saw. She was supposed to seem cold, unfeeling, superficial. That's how she had to act. But when people see this type of acting, it's very common to mistake it for being bad. Likely because we associate it with people in real life who are spoiled and self-obsessed, which are also the kind of people who we associate with having no talent. See where I'm going? Basically, playing a villain can be very difficult in the sense that you might get an unfair deal when it comes to how people perceive the quality of your acting as they are naturally averse to appreciating a nasty character. Ever noticed that heroes tend to get nominated for/win awards far more than villains? I don't think that's a coincidence. The villain role has always fascinated me far more than the hero, they tend to be far more interesting characters and the actors who play them usually have to push themselves much further mentally and in some cases, physically. It's high time these great characters and the talents who play them get the props they deserve.

Archived