Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

No 3rd Single? Getting Worried

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy
Just now, Same DNA said:

I know, but that won't change the fact the album is doing well and the tour will be a sucess. She has the biggest world on February, the SB, let's enjoy that

Yeah the biggest stage

which is why she should take advantage and release a 3rd single :neyde: 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fame IV
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yeah the biggest stage

which is why she should take advantage and release a 3rd single :neyde: 

I said: let's enjoy that, artistically and for once change the focus of the charts to the music and art itself. It isn't hard.

A Star is Born ⭐

Fame IV
4 minutes ago, symphonia said:

It's going to flop and the video will be cheap, why even bother..

And that is disrespectful. Why even bother with your comment.

A Star is Born ⭐

Economy
3 minutes ago, symphonia said:

It's going to flop and the video will be cheap, why even bother..

The SB has 6 times more viewers than grammies and she doesnt have to share spotlight with as many artists as in award shows

Even Coldplay got a hit after SB and they hadnt had 1 in years

For friggs sake its worth a try dont assume it would flop

Economy
Just now, Same DNA said:

I said: let's enjoy that, artistically and for once change the focus of the charts to the music and art itself. It isn't hard.

Yeah but... a 3rd single isnt going to prevent her being artistic or us enjoying the performance nevertheless

Reality
26 minutes ago, Economy said:

I dunno if it woulda done any better tbh

Well, look at it this way. If it wouldn't have done any better, would you rather have her sing a ballad for all those promotional spots? Or have choreo and even more fantastic visuals with A-YO? 

Don't get me wrong, I love MR, it's actually the biggest grower for me on Joanne, but, it would have been so cool to have her perform A-YO at the AMAs and all the other places where she promoted it. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

The super bowl really isn't a promo spot to push current music or a new single. It's more so if a milestone event. 

I don't think we'd want to look back years from now and see a push for a current single at the time instead of watching her perform a chunk of her catalogue.  

It appears Joanne is on hold until after the super bowl, which is smart so she can focus on delivering a show with some high production value and insane amount of replay potential.

I feel that's the only way MR is going to be salvaged at the point, assuming she chooses to perform it. I do expect additional singles from Joanne. 

I've come to accept that the half time show will be the biggest meltdown this board has ever seen. There are those who want Joanne completely ignored from the set list and there are those who want Joanne featured most prominently. Either way would be a poor choice. A mix would be best. There are those who want guests and those who don't want guests and even among those who want guests, some want high profile current pop stars and others want legend acts who may not have had hits in decades. The more memorable show would be the latter. Either way, I'll be perched and ready. 

Sepsami

She's doing the SB :oprah: Ofc they'll do another single, it wouldn't make sense otherwise..

Spoiler

I'd be lying if I said I'm not even a little worried.. ever since the ARTPOP mess :madge:

Fame IV
6 minutes ago, E24187 said:

The super bowl really isn't a promo spot to push current music or a new single. It's more so if a milestone event. 

I don't think we'd want to look back years from now and see a push for a current single at the time instead of watching her perform a chunk of her catalogue.  

It appears Joanne is on hold until after the super bowl, which is smart so she can focus on delivering a show with some high production value and insane amount of replay potential.

I feel that's the only way MR is going to be salvaged at the point, assuming she chooses to perform it. I do expect additional singles from Joanne. 

I've come to accept that the half time show will be the biggest meltdown this board has ever seen. There are those who want Joanne completely ignored from the set list and there are those who want Joanne featured most prominently. Either way would be a poor choice. A mix would be best. There are those who want guests and those who don't want guests and even among those who want guests, some want high profile current pop stars and others want legend acts who may not have had hits in decades. The more memorable show would be the latter. Either way, I'll be perched and ready. 

Collaborating with legend acts would be the best, even if they haven't had hits in decades. That doesn't matter, what matter is their intemporal star power and star quality, which Gaga also has. I'm sure she will deliver an epic show.

A Star is Born ⭐

Gaga already semi - announced that A-yo is next.  However, it's still too early for the 3rd single. It should be sent to radio after SB. 

I don't know, it's just awkward this whole "big space" between singles and it end up giving us DWUW-GUY tease.

I don' think there will be anything else for Million Reasons. We've been in this since October "Ohh there will be the AMAs performance" "Oh there will be the Music Vid" "Oh january will come and they will boost the radio promo so it can get a good build up for the SuperBowl" "Oh the SuperBowl is in 3 weeks it will be the grand impact."

Result? The song is dying. Falling on the radio (where it couldn't even "outdo" songs like MTN if I'm sure :saladga:. I think it only "outdid" TIHTY & G. U. Y. wich the radio impact was cancelled). Falling on iTunes & the Music Vid has like 20kk after 1 month of release.

I'm not talking about hits, but I'm really bored of MR now :madge:

Nikolai Barrow

I love Joanne and LOVE PI (her best song to date I think)  and most of the album. Y'all are so negative takes the fun out of it. That being said I think a side b would be great! It's about time Gaga spoils us with surprise new music! However I think they are pretty committed to gaining fans from the super bull. (which I think is the whole reason she decided to go country in the first place.) Next album in a few years from now will be more Gaga I'm sure.

Archived