:

:

opinion

Your list of best and worst music of 2016

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
20 hours ago, Fernster7 said:

I think Dangerous Woman the song did not deserve that spot and the album should at least be rated with a 4. It's so good.

I agree with Joanne but I'm biased because this is exactly the kind of music I wanted Gaga to make, and in my opinion Million Reasons should be higher. 

Well, I think it's perfect, reminds me of 80's power ballads, very Black Velvet-esque. The album I wanted to be better but there were just too many ok-just above average songs, hence the rating. I think all her single choices so far have been the good ones, though.

I know what you mean about Gaga. I really try not to be biased myself. This is me being utterly honest. Bear in mind that MR was given a 5 star rating from me...but so do all the songs in the top 10, so it only looks bad when you have the comparison.

20 hours ago, lilmonster93 said:

I don't think there can be a bad year in music, maybe top 40/100 music, but there's too music out there for a whole year to be horrible. 

Imo 2016 was an awesome year in music; in and out of top 40/100 music.

I'll try to post lists later.

Some people say I have high standards, but I don't think I do. I go into music wanting to enjoy it and just won't accept bad beats and basic lyrics. But I've noticed that I lot of other people do, hence why I see so much acceptance of music that I think is mediocre. But our ears all work differently and there is no right and wrong. As an audio fetishist, that much I know. ;)

20 hours ago, Bio said:

I'm just gonna say it's VERY different than yours and leave it at that 

Please post. I'm interested in hearing whatever you like, gets me interested in what I missed out on.

20 hours ago, boobtank said:

rhoa-nene-laughing.gif

I think that album is massively overrated. Terrible, boring beats, too pretentious and over-dramatic (that Don't Touch My Hair song thinks this only happens to blacks, so ridiculous) and the whole black liberation message was done better by others. There seems to be a need recently to praise any black artist who does an album in support of black freedom, BLM, etc. But just because you make an album about an important social issue doesn't make it good. Just like every other album, it can have bad beats, bad lyrics, over-dramatics, pretence, And it deserves to be criticised just like any other album that suffers from these problems.

StrawberryBlond

Sorry for the double post, but just one last stab to try to get this thread brought back. I just hoped I'd get a few more pages than this and I don't know if anyone noticed it was here.

Archived