Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo cupcakke
17 minutes ago, iCpro said:

lil farmers :lolly:

That FarmVille promo though :gum:

But, if Joanne was Gaga's debut and given the direction of the industry at the time, it would have flopped, tbh. However, this entire thread is meaningless in that Joanne would not even have stood a great chance of success at the time of The Fame's release. It's like asking what if Beyoncé released Lemonade instead of Sasha Fierce, or what if Ariana released Dangerous Woman instead of being on Nickelodeon or something. Like, it just doesn't make any sense to ask these questions because these hypotheticals are too circumstantial and dependent on the industry being at a certain point in time and place which do not exist until later on because of shifts of evolving genres and tastes

Better questions to ask is what if Gaga didn't perform Paparazzi at the VMAs, or ended up releasing Boys Boys Boys instead of Bad Romance. Those questions have some merit, at least, in that the circumstances surrounding them weren't too situational. However, asking if an album made in 2015-2016 in an industry that is currently thriving on trop-pop, trap, and more acoustic versions of pop would do great in the years 2007-2009 where the industry was shifting towards synthpop, electropop, and an evolved form of hip-hop away from the standardized pop and punk/emo rock of the mid 2000s; overall, the answer you'd expect is, hell yes, Joanne would flop and Joanne wouldn't have the budget and promo that The Fame had because no song on Joanne has what made everyone latch on to Just Dance, a synthpop, dance hit that was in the right place, in the right time, and with the right persona of Gaga

If the industry in 2008 existed the way that it does today, then you could expect a new to the scene Gaga to release A-YO, have it be a top 20 hit, and thereafter release John Wayne, Perfect Illusion, Dancin in Circles, and Million Reasons, and everything would be a success. But 2016 in pop music=/=2008 in pop music, so really, there's not a lot of real room for discussion unless for some reason, all of the pieces that made The Fame a success weren't there in the first place. Like, what else do you expect? It's like asking what if Gaga released The Fame instead of Joanne; it would be a moderate success but ultimately flop because The Fame is an album catered for tastes and sounds of 2008, so it wouldn't be able to hold up unless it sounded completely different

Smarticle

It wouldn't make a dent in pop culture and do poorly on the charts, so she switches to acting instead :poot:

Justice for Grigio Girls!!!

Rudz Xinc
5 minutes ago, CowSiss said:

That FarmVille promo though :gum:

But, if Joanne was Gaga's debut and given the direction of the industry at the time, it would have flopped, tbh. However, this entire thread is meaningless in that Joanne would not even have stood a great chance of success at the time of The Fame's release. It's like asking what if Beyoncé released Lemonade instead of Sasha Fierce, or what if Ariana released Dangerous Woman instead of being on Nickelodeon or something. Like, it just doesn't make any sense to ask these questions because these hypotheticals are too circumstantial and dependent on the industry being at a certain point in time and place which do not exist until later on because of shifts of evolving genres and tastes

Better questions to ask is what if Gaga didn't perform Paparazzi at the VMAs, or ended up releasing Boys Boys Boys instead of Bad Romance. Those questions have some merit, at least, in that the circumstances surrounding them weren't too situational. However, asking if an album made in 2015-2016 in an industry that is currently thriving on trop-pop, trap, and more acoustic versions of pop would do great in the years 2007-2009 where the industry was shifting towards synthpop, electropop, and an evolved form of hip-hop away from the standardized pop and punk/emo rock of the mid 2000s; overall, the answer you'd expect is, hell yes, Joanne would flop and Joanne wouldn't have the budget and promo that The Fame had because no song on Joanne has what made everyone latch on to Just Dance, a synthpop, dance hit that was in the right place, in the right time, and with the right persona of Gaga

If the industry in 2008 existed the way that it does today, then you could expect a new to the scene Gaga to release A-YO, have it be a top 20 hit, and thereafter release John Wayne, Perfect Illusion, Dancin in Circles, and Million Reasons, and everything would be a success. But 2016 in pop music=/=2008 in pop music, so really, there's not a lot of real room for discussion unless for some reason, all of the pieces that made The Fame a success weren't there in the first place. Like, what else do you expect? It's like asking what if Gaga released The Fame instead of Joanne; it would be a moderate success but ultimately flop because The Fame is an album catered for tastes and sounds of 2008, so it wouldn't be able to hold up unless it sounded completely different

I can't believe I just read the entire essay :ladyhaha:

Look at those clowns

Versace

Joanne as debut in 2008 would flop harder than if ARTPOP was her debut in 2008. To be honest, the only album that I think will interest people as much as The Fame would be ARTPOP.

Panchecco

in 2016 or 2008? I think she wouldn't have been that successfull in 2008 but I think she would have been fine in 2016 (she would have been seen as Taylor Swift 2.0 maybe :huh: or like the new country sensation :ladyhaha:)

Flopped into oblivion and I probably wouldn't have bothered listening to it. I only listen to like 5 songs from the album even tho I'm still stanning a bit

DeanWinchester
2 hours ago, Albertodift said:

She'd be in NY singing in her dad's restaurant as an indie artist with a small but cute following of gay cowboys.

But Gaga as Joanne barely showed anything close to what gays generally stan for? :oprah:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

2 hours ago, ReinventedArt said:

Yeah, but it won't get any promotion and only be sold on US sinc eit ha sno world promotion after all it is country. No Victoria Secret show. No SuperBowl. No fans. 

Trust me. She shows a bit of cleavage, some wigs and you collect multiple gay fans from around the world. If drag queens can have a strong fan base of gay boys then JoanneGa can too lol

Idk about all that in the OP but I know for a fact I would not stan or even be a fan. Such mediocrity.

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Archived