Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
throwback

Your first Gaga concert experience

Lava

Featured Posts

evgenigerm2
On 13.01.2017 г. at 2:44 AM, Lava said:

Tell me everything. I really wanna know what experience you guys had. What tour was it? Did you cry? Did you scream? Did you sing along? Were the people you sat by nice? Did you bring any signs, letters, plushies, etc? What kind of people were there? (Besides all the young gays lmao)

I went to The Born This Way Ball when it came to Bulgaria.

Since I bought the tickets (April 27, 2012) until the show itself (August 14, 2012) I was so excited and I used to count the days. It was the first show of the European leg and I was wondering if Gaga did any changes and since it was her first time in our country, I couldn't stop thinking about how will she feel here, will she talk about it, will she come back in the future and stuff, you know.

I expected to cry, but I didn't. I was actually feeling really normal at the show, I was singing and screaming and jumping. It surely was exciting, but I didn't know what I've experienced until a few years later when she didn't include Bulgaria in The ARTPOP Ball.

I didn't bring any signs, but I had a shirt with a photo of Gaga. I met two little monsters who were very nice and we talked before the show, it was great. I expected to see mostly teens and I was very surprised when I saw so many adults in their 30s and even a few old ladies who were past their 60s, for sure, (they were in my sector and were dressed so crazy, so the staff took them to the Monster Pit).

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first ever concert was the Born This Way Ball on September 17th, 2012 in the Netherlands. I went to the stadium really early so I could get access to the Monster Pit. When I was inside, I was tapped on the back by a girl who was there with her boyfriend and she told me she recognized me, asked me if I were this person from Twitter, and when I said yes she was like: "Oh my god! We've been tweeting each other two days ago and now we see each other here!" It was fun (and a bit weird) to be recognized but the people there were friendly and really nice.

I took a couple of pictures before my camera died and I had to use my iPod which was so bad! Instead of taking pictures, I resorted to making videos instead. I was standing right in front of her and I was so close but during "Born This Way" I suddenly felt ill and I couldn't breathe properly so I moved my way to the side of the Monster Pit and stayed there for the rest of the concert (the friends I went with stayed in the middle of the Monster Pit so I was all by myself, not that I cared). Then Gaga started to walk around the stage while singing "Bad Romance" and she reached out to the audience right in front of me so I reached out too and I was about to touch her hand before she pulled away. Still, I couldn't believe I almost touched my idol so my entire night was made! And boy, that entire castle in the background was so AWESOME!

Here's my favorite picture I took while she performed "Government Hooker". I still can't believe that she was so close in front of me...
587ba0933a124-63.jpg

This was the first and last time I stood at a concert because it literally killed my back. I went to the artRAVE two years later and purchased a seating ticket. Even though I wasn't standing right in front of her this time, that didn't make me like the concert any less.

My first and only Gaga Ball was the BTWB in Lithuania! I remember all of the hype and the joy I felt when I got the tickets, I was still in 8th grade I think so it wasn't easy asking my parents to buy the tickets :giveup: But I swear that was one of the best nights of my life, I cried like a baby when I saw her for the first time, I cried when she left ( people were probably thinking I was crazy or smth :D), sang every word to every song, and I knew the setlist for European dates so I was hyping everyone around me :whitney:I just regret that I dont have any good photos or videos from it. Now I still watch the fan made full versions of the concert every now and then just to remember the pure awesomeness of that tour!

Now that I live in Denmark I hope she will come here with the Joanne Ball :giggle::excited2:

Infinity Wave
On 13/1/2017 at 2:10 AM, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

The thing i remember the most is that feeling:

Lady Gaga, the woman, the idol you've been seeing always through a screen, on videos, photos, performances, is right in front of you performing. She exists, she is real, she is just like you but she is singing and performing while you can't take your eyes off her because you can't even believe that's happening. 

Then you leave and the morning after the show it feels like you only remember a few scenes from the show.

THAT'S EXACTLY MY EXPERIENCE!!! :giveup::giveup::giveup:

Colourful

On 14.01.2017 at 7:02 PM, Same DNA said:

For me the artrave at Portugal, november 2014 :) It was magical!!!

I thought I was the only person in this forum that lives in Portugal...

Mrs. Caca's career found dead in a ditch, re-evaluation process started.

Bellatrix

My first time was the Monster Ball in May 2010. One of the best nights of my life. It was an incredible feeling being just a few meters away from Gagz. It was hot as hell dancing all night, but totally worth it :diane: 

My first Gaga concert was The Monster Ball Tour. I was like 14 years old and I remember the guy sitting next to me asked me, "isn't it past your bed time?" :toofunny: 

i went to the btwball here in argentina, i had like 16 yo tho

top 10 of the greatest moments of my life, i had a blast; from the people i met to the concert itself, it was all amazing

i slept outside the stadium so i could get to the monster pit with a friend and my cousin but i made some friends over there (shampein, the coolest drag queen in buenos aires for example). The concert was everything that i expected and more, you can watch videos and enjoy it bu nothing compared to watch it live, i screamed, cried, sang the whole show

here's a video i recorded (quality is **** but i had a crappy phone back then, hope she comes this yar cause now i have adecent phone camera) damn i was so ****ing close

answerig another another of your qs, i didnt bring any gifts or letters but next time, sure i'll do

... and now i just sit in silence.

Yo GagaGaga

I'm going to the Joanne Ball, it'll be my first Gaga concert. I'm not out at all yet so I'm not gonna tell my parents that I'm going, and me and my friend are gonna tell our parents that we're gonna go to iHop but go to the concert instead. My friend probably knows I'm a hunty, I haven't told her yet, but I act like I do on here so I'm like a walking rainbow around her. Anyway I'm afraid I'm gonna miss my chance to have a good time bc the "straight" voice in my head will probably stop me from doing any dancing or singing or having a good time in general. Plus I'm afraid I'll see someone from my school so I'll probly be worried all night. Any advise on how to try to enjoy myself, and how to get the best concert expirience?

Branflakes
16 minutes ago, Yo GagaGaga said:

I'm going to the Joanne Ball, it'll be my first Gaga concert. I'm not out at all yet so I'm not gonna tell my parents that I'm going, and me and my friend are gonna tell our parents that we're gonna go to iHop but go to the concert instead. My friend probably knows I'm a hunty, I haven't told her yet, but I act like I do on here so I'm like a walking rainbow around her. Anyway I'm afraid I'm gonna miss my chance to have a good time bc the "straight" voice in my head will probably stop me from doing any dancing or singing or having a good time in general. Plus I'm afraid I'll see someone from my school so I'll probly be worried all night. Any advise on how to try to enjoy myself, and how to get the best concert expirience?

Just try to enjoy yourself, there are straight people that enjoy her music anyway! and if it makes you feel better you can always just think that there must be many boyfriends that have taken their girlfriends or whatever and end up enjoying the night. 

I know its easy to say but just enjoy the experience it doesn't have to be a *gay* experience. 

Carsonu25

My first was artRAVE and it was the most incredible night. My entire family went, I'm the only huge fan, my mom likes her a lot, and my dad and brother ended up enjoying it a lot. We had front row balcony seats and I stood and danced and sang and screamed so much. I don't think I ever stopped crying. Two women behind us gave me a huge hug and said it was incredible watching how moved I was by her and how much I loved the show. I can't wait to go to another show because it changed the way I listened to her music and thought of her. I saw her in person. We were in the same room. I'm still shook. 

Dominic

TMB. It was amazing until my friend fainted and we had to go A&E. I missed Bad Romance. Selfish tbh. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

calmar

The Monster Ball. I was pretty far away. I don't remember much, except I did really enjoy it, especially since I knew the entire show programme and could follow everything as it happened. When I got back home that night it felt like an amazing blur of happiness.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

The first leg of The Monster Ball, December 2009 in Atlanta :giveup: It was my first concert I'd actually been to, as well. I bought my father and I tickets, and he said it was the best concert that he'd ever been to. He was already a fan of hers, but the show elevated it to another level. I'm SO glad I was able to see her in a theater setting, it was such an intimate show! I can't wait for the Joanne tour, my 8th+ time seeing her live :firega:

• Haroon unfeatured this topic

Archived