💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

#JusticeForComeToMama

bowie1986

Featured Posts

bowie1986

I just can’t sit back anymore. Seeing the people who are defending Million Reasons and pushing for Dancin’ In Circles as a single are spurning hellfire in the deepest recesses of my soul.

How can anyone dislike Gaga’s voice meets Ronson/Winehouse reminiscent production meets Father John Misty lyrics?  I mean I don’t like that the song opens with “Everybody’s gotta love eachother”, but otherwise I would argue this is a top 5 Gaga song ever. It showcases her strengths as a vocalist, effectively uses her great collaborators (even though she stripped misty of his guitar riffs in the demo), and sounds like nothing in her discography.

These are the Gaga efforts that deserve praise and a single pre-presidential election.  Million Reasons was the nail in the coffin for this era. She should’ve pushed A-Yo harder and given Million Reasons the dust it deserves—nobody needs a country ballad as a single. Ever. And it’s a slap in the face to the good ballads she has performed (Brown Eyes, Speechless, Dope, etc). I hope it was her choice to promote MR, because anyone focused on charts or quality ought to know better with such a simple melody, shitty lyrics, and feigned emotion. But if it's personal, healing, what she wants to say-- then fine i guess. 

And Dancin’ In Circles. Don’t even get me started. You people crave her dance bops so much that you are settling for this??? Of all the art that draws from masturbation in the world, this song is like webcam ****. Shameless and poor quality. 

Oh and while I'm here, #JohnWayneThirdSingleOrBust

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

i want to agree with you, but MR is her BEST ballad so...

:rip:

Not The Real Gaga

AGREE! It's one of her best songs in her entire discography! She really needs to perform it during the SB!:giveup:

mister max

#JohnWaynWontBeASingle

And before you come at me with spotify and itunes receipts: it was performed in full at VSFS, ofcourse people looked it up

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

JupiterDrive

come to mama is kinda boring  coughsinwholeboringjoannealbum and i mean the chorus :neyde:

maybe she can make it like a single for a week or something idk 

Swan Heart

It's so great. I would love to hear more Gaga +  John Misty in the future, maybe a bit more stripped back.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

mister max

Also mess at you shading MR and DIC like that :awkney:

MR is one of her best ballads, and is doing amazing compared to the poor radio it gets (thanks PI, MTN, GUY)

DIC is an amzing song I dont even have to add arguments for this

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

PopThatArt
5 minutes ago, bowie1986 said:

I just can’t sit back anymore. Seeing the people who are defending Million Reasons and pushing for Dancin’ In Circles as a single are spurning hellfire in the deepest recesses of my soul.

How can anyone dislike Gaga’s voice meets Ronson/Winehouse reminiscent production meets Father John Misty lyrics?  I mean I don’t like that the song opens with “Everybody’s gotta love eachother”, but otherwise I would argue this is a top 5 Gaga song ever. It showcases her strengths as a vocalist, effectively uses her great collaborators (even though she stripped misty of his guitar riffs in the demo), and sounds like nothing in her discography.

These are the Gaga efforts that deserve praise and a single pre-presidential election.  Million Reasons was the nail in the coffin for this era. She should’ve pushed A-Yo harder and given Million Reasons the dust it deserves—nobody needs a country ballad as a single. Ever. And it’s a slap in the face to the good ballads she has performed (Brown Eyes, Speechless, Dope, etc). I hope it was her choice to promote MR, because anyone focused on charts or quality ought to know better with such a simple melody, shitty lyrics, and feigned emotion. But if it's personal, healing, what she wants to say-- then fine i guess. 

And Dancin’ In Circles. Don’t even get me started. You people crave her dance bops so much that you are settling for this??? Of all the art that draws from masturbation in the world, this song is like webcam ****. Shameless and poor quality. 

Oh and while I'm here, #JohnWayneThirdSingleOrBust

I agree with Come to Mama being amazing, and with the over obsession with the dance songs, and with DiC being a bad single choice, however, I disagree with everything else you have said. Million Reasons is amazing, and the reason it actually DOES WORK is because it's different from anything Gaga has released as a single, she has never released that kind of quieter song as a single, she never released a non-dance track as a single. A-Yo and John Wayne are along the lines of all the other electronic music she has released, it's great she took a risk with Million Reasons, to hell with the people who don't like it. She took a risk, which is admirable, too many people play it safe with music and with everything else these days, releasing another dance album would have been playing it safe, Monsters should stop expecting Gaga to play it safe with pop and dance music, she is a risk taker, Joanne was a risk, and it's hella admirable Gaga took such a risk. 

Go see A Star is Born

Swan Heart
6 minutes ago, mister max said:

#JohnWaynWontBeASingle

And before you come at me with spotify and itunes receipts: it was performed in full at VSFS, ofcourse people looked it up

John Wayne is the weakest Joanne song imo. :classy:

The verses are cool and all but that dat doo deet doe thingy is awkward. If they want an upbeat song they should choose DIC/Diamond Heart. Even A-yo would be better.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

PopThatArt
4 minutes ago, iFameMonzter said:

come to mama is kinda boring  coughsinwholeboringjoannealbum and i mean the chorus :neyde:

maybe she can make it like a single for a week or something idk 

And what? You think dance pop music isn't boring? Puhleaze. 

Go see A Star is Born

androiduser

I absolutely love Come to Mama and I would be very happy if they chose it as a single... Dancin' in Circles and John Wayne are overrated fan favorites and they wouldn't have much success in my opinion.... funny how Gaga fans always praise Gaga for being a serious artist, but want the least serious commercial songs

Archived