Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Is a Superbowl Guest Necessary?

PopThatArt

Featured Posts

PopThatArt

Everyone is hypothesizing and speculating about who the guests or guest could be, but do you honestly think it's necessary for her to have a guest? What if she wants to bask in the moment herself? Would it matter to you if she didn't have guests? What makes us expect guests?

EDIT: I just ask because I think Gaga is a strong enough performer to hold the show on her own and has a great ability to perform and keep the audience interested, like she does on her tours, but I think some people may view it as selfish and "diva-ish" if she just makes the show about herself. 

Go see A Star is Born

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

What if she wants to bask in the moment herself?

the NFL decides or at least decides with her :wtfga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

MonsterOfSpain

She's gonna have one but I'm not here for it unless it's a 30 second Beyoncé cameo in Telephone. Sorry I know Beyoncé is already overused but I need that Telephone performance together before I die.

Haroon

I think Katy was right with her criticism when looking back at some older Super Bowl half time performances during a meeting with the halftime head honchos in behind-the-scenes footage; people don't have the attention spans they used to and so now you can't have someone for a full 12 and a half minutes without people getting bored :S I don't doubt that Gaga's interesting as hell, I'd gladly watch her for hours on end, but from a non-fan perspective it can seem quite dragging. Like if you think back to an artist who does a medley at an awards show, in many cases it can become boring, so to keep people enticed and tuned in they need to add more elements to the show (in terms of performers) to always keep interest sky high :excited2: 

SlayGagaloo

Well the rest of Destiny's Child weren't a huge guest and Beyoncé remained the main focus of the night 

Katy was overshadowed (kind of) by queen Missy and I don't want the same thing to happen to Gaga.  

Over.

Lextyr97
6 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

Well the rest of Destiny's Child weren't a huge guest and Beyoncé remained the main focus of the night 

Katy was overshadowed (kind of) by queen Missy and I don't want the same thing to happen to Gaga.  

I think Katy's issue is that her sections weren't as show stopping as Missy. She needed more.

8 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

She's gonna have one but I'm not here for it unless it's a 30 second Beyoncé cameo in Telephone. Sorry I know Beyoncé is already overused but I need that Telephone performance together before I die.

In another venue that would be great, but not the SB.  The minute Beyoncé steps on the stage, the media will play it as the Beyoncé Bowl because she is very popular.  No matter how great Gaga performs, they will claim Beyoncé stole the show.  Imo.

I live outside the space time continuum.

33 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

I think Gaga is a strong enough performer to hold the show on her own and has a great ability to perform and keep the audience interested, like she does on her tours.

This, this, this.

If anyone can hold a show on their own, it's be Miss G.

Spoiler

I know its typical for guests to make an appearance to switch things up, but. This is the truth, don't @ me. :madge::poot: 

❤ x ❤

Roomingfree77
18 minutes ago, Haroon said:

I think Katy was right with her criticism when looking back at some older Super Bowl half time performances during a meeting with the halftime head honchos in behind-the-scenes footage; people don't have the attention spans they used to and so now you can't have someone for a full 12 and a half minutes without people getting bored :S I don't doubt that Gaga's interesting as hell, I'd gladly watch her for hours on end, but from a non-fan perspective it can seem quite dragging. Like if you think back to an artist who does a medley at an awards show, in many cases it can become boring, so to keep people enticed and tuned in they need to add more elements to the show (in terms of performers) to always keep interest sky high :excited2: 

Gaga has more then 12 minutes of good material.. lol

43 minutes ago, Lum said:

Guests come with the Halftime territory. No Superbowl has ever not had multiple artists.

This is false.

Archived