💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Gaga should bring a rock act to SB Show

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

I think Gaga should bring a rock act to the Superbowl Half-Time Show over a pop act. Gaga has always been a rockstar herself and she actually started out dancing to rock music. Rock acts like Elton John, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Queen would match perfectly with Gaga. Bringing a rock act will also allow Gaga to showcase her rock vocals and maybe her piano playing skills. Finally the NFL audience has been waiting for a rock band to perform on the SB for a while now (specially Metallica). So not only would Gaga fit right in with these rockstars, but she will also please a big portion of the audience. And for those saying that they want everything choreographed, that was never going to happen. Gaga was never a fully choreographed artist. She is very spontaneous and full of energy, which is what a rock performance is. 

Finally Beyonce should not be a guest. I am not saying this because I think she will overshadow Gaga. I am saying this because at this point SB audience is pretty much done with her. She already performed twice, as recently as last year. 3 Superbowl appearances would be overkill. Plus Beyonce never invited Gaga to perform Telephone with her either (she could easily have done this even if it wasn't her song because it is still one of Beyonce's biggest hits).

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusfly

I agree, I don't mean Joanne rock but legitimate harder rock. Imagine how much harder bad romance would go off if it was a live rock version? I'm 1000% here for it

shes reworked some of her hits to be more like rock before, radio 1 big weekend gave some of the best renditions of her hits

1 minute ago, LG said:

I agree, I don't mean Joanne rock but legitimate harder rock. Imagine how much harder bad romance would go off if it was a live rock version? I'm 1000% here for it

Yes. Most of her songs translate very well into rock music.

Swan Heart

YES.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Anderson123

I'd die if she brings Queen. Or Queen+Adam Lambert. It'd be amazing to see Led Zeppelin there as well but who knows, I think Gaga wants to be the center of attention.

venusfly

Forgive the subtitles but this is a great example of her band turning electronic bops into rock-pop bops. She'd never do Judas at the SB but I love this one best

DeanWinchester
18 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

what's your problem? :oprah:

none, I've always wanted a rock performance from her. Do you have a problem? :oprah:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Pearl Jam would be nice, Rammstein or Nine Inch Nails too.

Not here for a predictable guest like Iron Maiden and Queen, I'm sure Metallica would decline the invitation either way.

Edit: Judas Priest and Alice Cooper are a good shot too, they're great and I think they would accept an invitation.

DeanWinchester
Just now, Cerny said:

Pearl Jam would be nice, Rammstein or Nine Inch Nails too.

Not here for a predictable guest like Iron Maiden and Queen, I'm sure Metallica would decline the invitation either way.

Pearl Jam would be golden but I don't understand why you wouldn't like IM or Queen?

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived