💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

LG5 and Mark Ronson?!

En_Sabah_Nur

Featured Posts

En_Sabah_Nur

Is Mark Ronson part of the reason, or the SOLE reason why Gaga abandoned the original idea for LG5???!

Is he the reason we went from dance-disco (presumably) inspired BOPS to country-folk-pop BOPS!???

Seems like once she reconnected with him, everything started to change...  :oprah:

Egypt. W

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Surrealist

She got the idea of a toned down album from Questlove.

Paraphrasing Gaga from one of her interviews after Joanne was released:

"well, one of the main reasons I made this album was because Questlove said that I eventually need to do the thing everybody wanted from me since I started"

I don't know which Interview it was.

Definitely one of her September-October interviews.

En_Sabah_Nur
1 minute ago, Sycamore said:

She got the idea of a toned down album from Questlove.

Paraphrasing Gaga from one of her interviews after Joanne was released:

"well, one of the main reasons I made this album was because Questlove said that I eventually need to do the thing everybody wanted from me since I started"

I don't know which Interview it was.

Definitely one of her September-October interviews.

Who is QuestLove??  :oprah:

Egypt. W

Reality

Why do we keep assuming that LG5 was all of a sudden changed? For all we know, the concept could have been in the same, but she just changed the main producer. I mean, there's absolutely no doubt that she and RedOne did some songs, but who's to say that thery were going to be amazing "dance-disco bops"—which by the way, is something the fan base completely speculated about. To my knowledge, she never mentioned any sort of genre until it was actually time to announce Joanne.

🃏🖤👹

Loyalty

I've been questioning that but to be honest his work on Joanne is mostly different to any of his other work so i don't know if saying that he is the reason why she's more toned down is correct.

The Surrealist
Just now, En_Sabah_Nur said:

Who is QuestLove??  :oprah:

The drummer of The Roots. It's the studioband of Jimmy Fallon.

RitaOral

Yes she had a complete different direction planned , red one , before she bumped into mark and the rest is history 

adamsenigma
7 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Why do we keep assuming that LG5 was all of a sudden changed? For all we know, the concept could have been in the same, but she just changed the main producer. I mean, there's absolutely no doubt that she and RedOne did some songs, but who's to say that thery were going to be amazing "dance-disco bops"—which by the way, is something the fan base completely speculated about. To my knowledge, she never mentioned any sort of genre until it was actually time to announce Joanne.

This. I mean, Angel Down (work tape) was NEVER a bop, and it's produced by RedOne and composed by him and Gaga. Don't know why a lot of fans think Gaga was going on a dance, disco influenced direction when she never really mentioned. Just because RedOne is mainly a EDM producer it doesnt mean he cant do something different time to time (and he always experiments with Gaga's music. She brings his best)

Reality
Just now, adammonroe said:

This. I mean, Angel Down (work tape) was NEVER a bop, and it's produced by RedOne and composed by him and Gaga. Don't know why a lot of fans think Gaga was going on a dance, disco influenced direction when she never really mentioned. Just because RedOne is mainly a EDM producer it doesnt mean he cant do something different time to time (and he always experiments with Gaga's music. She brings his best)

Right. And, sorry, not sorry, it's stupid that some people really believe that too. Like, what did Gaga do to tell you guys that we were going to get an dance/disco/electronic album for LG5? We speculated a lot of these things, it was our hopes and dreams for a dance/disco/electronic album. None of that came from Gaga.

🃏🖤👹

DeanWinchester
12 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Ronson said in his interview he had no idea what Gaga wanted to do and the direction of the album stemmed from the first two days of their jamming session. Then consider the number of other writers who confirmed they were on the album and all shared similar thoughts about it. 

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

JustAnotherDay

Joanne is very different from most of Mark's work. Any changes were because of Gaga. I also don't think there was any "album" before the Joanne songs, she probably had some songs but there was no fully formed album.

was NickARTPOP

En_Sabah_Nur
1 minute ago, adammonroe said:

I Want Your Love says hi...  :poot:

Egypt. W

monketsharona
3 minutes ago, adammonroe said:

Actually he said that they have done songs that you can say it's them... Old vibes + futuristic things added to make it very fresh. That's what he said...

+ Joanne the song has only been written in March 2016, when Mark and her met in the studio.  

Archived