Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

What were your Joanne predictions that were terribly wrong?

Luke78619

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver

I thought Sinners Prayer would sound like Electric Chapel and Come to Mama would sound like Sex Dreams :toofunny:

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oriane

1. I thought Diamond Heart would be a ballad, of course inspired by Taylor.
2. I thought Sinner's Prayer would be a dark song with a Born this Way vibe... As much as I love the album, I was not happy about it, I was expecting some new sound. So I was amazed when I heard the actual song, very different from what I thought !
3. Based on the thread where some Jeff guy said he was at the listening party and described the songs, I thought Come to Mama would be a very energetic, sexy and kind of jazzy song. I already had an idea about the rhythm, structure... I was very surprised when I heard it but truly happy to hear this kind of sound from her !
4. I thought Angel Down would be about her fame, how the music industry treated her... Like Sinner's Prayer, I wasn't happy about it. She talked enough about this during ARTPOP and her entire career, I was expecting other subjects for this album. I was also expecting something lighter, still a ballad but not this heavy. It turned out it was about BLM, and one of the saddest songs she has made.
5. For Just Another Day, I was expecting something more like On a clear day (in Cheek to Cheek), and it turned out to be something fun and colored.

For the album in general, I was expecting something more rock and I didn't see the country part coming. I was expecting a general vibe like Til it happens to you too, great melodic songs.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Luke78619
1 hour ago, Oliver Wayne said:

I thought Sinners Prayer would sound like Electric Chapel and Come to Mama would sound like Sex Dreams :toofunny:

So many people have thought something along these lines it's so weird :ladyhaha:

12 minutes ago, Oriane23 said:

1. I thought Diamond Heart would be a ballad, of course inspired by Taylor.

I'm actually quite surprised we didn't get songs that were obviously directed at Taylor TBH 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Oriane
1 minute ago, monster78619 said:

I'm actually quite surprised we didn't get songs that were obviously directed at Taylor TBH 

Me too... The breakup was too recent and maybe she didn't feel the need to talk about their story in general... The love songs still include him in a way but the album in general is more inspired by her family.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

1. John Wayne being 100% country. 

2. Angel Down was Bloody Mary 2.0

3. Perfect Illusion would flop.

4. No music video for second single.

Luke78619
13 minutes ago, KING said:

1. John Wayne being 100% country. 

2. Angel Down was Bloody Mary 2.0

3. Perfect Illusion would flop.

4. No music video for second single.

This one was pretty on point tho :awkney:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

xoxo Craig

1. I thought we would get an album with around 15 tracks like ARTPOP and BTW as a standard edition and obvs extra tracks for the deluxe. Ofc Joanne is only 11 tracks so I was wrong.

2. I expected the tracks to be longer. I think the longest track is Come To Mama which is over 4 mins. Perfect Illusion and John Wayne are under 3

3. I thought A-YO or Dancin' In Circles was going to be an EDM track, similar to swine. I know she said before the album was released that it was going to be real and authentic but I was hoping that there was at least 1 EDM track.

End Racism Now

Radio Ga Ga

I thought Dancin in circles was gonna be some innocent song about her childhood and would sound like the real JAD, but I guess i was wrong

Archived