• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Decodekid said:

An underrated Masterpiece

d0Cu2w.gif

Deal with it

635950557207461851-2107674309_-_Ppxc.gif

i cannot wait for the era to end and yall haters saying omg PI is amazing now i miss country-rock-indie-casualga

Perfect illusion is ....

THE BEST SONG IN HER WHOLE CATALOGUE 

GagaUnderYou

I started to appreciate it about a month after it was released. It should have stayed an album track tbh 

3 hours ago, Decodekid said:

d0Cu2w.gif

Deal with it

i cannot wait for the era to end and yall haters saying omg PI is amazing now i miss country-rock-indie-casualga

PI is ahead of its time.

Earthling
1 hour ago, TylerBR97 said:

Don't want to make any arguments, just wanna state why I think Perfect Illusion is a masterpiece as well.

So have you ever gotten really f ucked up and gone to the club? Because that amazing way I feel at the club is exactly how Perfect Illusion makes me feel.

The song is jam packed- overflowing even- with adrenaline. There's so much instrumentation going on and it makes it super hard to digest, and that's what makes listening to it on repeat so damn GOOD. The twinkles that you hear in the chorus give me that feeling when you're really ****ed up and jamming out to very loud music: so loud to the point where it notes start to sound like those twinkles. Ugh it's so difficult to describe but that tiny detail really put a tight grip on that feeling so well. Onto the other details, the verses are noticeably lower, purposefully, so that once the very loud chorus hits, it really packs a hard punch, and its like your adrenaline thermometer burst. You just go wild into dance. (This sounds so corny reading it to myself, but it's exactly what happens to me). 

Bring in the vocals. This song was made for clubs and stadiums, trust me. Every party I've been to that has played Perfect Illusion since it's release has everyone going wild and singing because the lyrics are so easy. It's mostly just Perfect Illusion being said throughout the song, but that's what makes it work. Hearing literally everyone in the room singing it together, belting out those notes, is the greatest feeling ever. And her "oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh's" such as this: 

give me this brilliant feeling of freedom and power. It's magical really.

And onto the visuals, all I have to say is: ****ed up+club or concert+lights=Perfect Illusion video. It's scary how well this video did in emulating what it feels like to be intoxicated. Every time I watch the video, I turn off the lights around me and put the video on full brightness. It's so awesome because that's how it really feels. You get so lost in the music and dance, everything is just flashing lights and a slideshow of people moving about everywhere.

I really love the song for all these reasons. It was hard to explain, but I did the best I could and I hope you understand my point. If their goal was really all of these things I was saying, then this song is absolutely, hands down, a masterpiece for what it was capable in capturing. 

THANK YOU!! :giveup: This comment is so accurate! I love PI, it always gets me so pumped! I love feeling Gaga's rawness through the music! The MV too, it's so different from everything Gaga has done before, so fresh, and it really represents the song's off-your-face feeling so well!

gaga-wig-snatch.gif

PI snatching everyone at the Joanne Ball 

*she switched baristas. ☕️

Shaney
27 minutes ago, wtfgaga said:

PI is ahead of its time.

It's ahead of it's time and behind the times at the same time. I wonder what it sounded like in the demo stages, probably perfect for an 80s hair band. It's my favorite Gaga song ever.

Luke78619
3 hours ago, Decodekid said:

music not the bling

Leave that in the ARTPOP era henny 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

YeehawKylie

I've been wanting to post about how underrated and unfairly hated. I love how AFTER the album was released everyone changed their tune and all of the sudden it was a "good song". What great support that could've been while it was a single...:madge:

monsterdino
6 hours ago, Decodekid said:

d0Cu2w.gif

Deal with it

agreed 

46Dj8.gif

Decodekid
2 hours ago, monster78619 said:

Leave that in the ARTPOP era henny 

ill leave it as long as you **** me daddy

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Anveeroy
17 hours ago, Andy21 said:

Gaga in general is underrated at this point :madge:

Why can't the GP eat her up like Beyonce, who's as overrated as nutella? 

17 hours ago, ryanripley said:

off topic but i just stalked your insta and you're so cute :giveup: 

Yes he is! :giggle:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Archived