Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Is the original LG5 really what we think it is?

Guest ARTPOPSlays

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, beverlyhills said:

That is subjective and who's to say all their demos were acoustic? RedOne said she scrapped a song that was supposed to be the lead single, it must have been finished.

You're tired, take a rest.

I'm just referring to Elton John quote, be nicer lol

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sister

We are not in Gaga's head, so we have absolutely no way of knowing if she had planned a different sort of sounding album than the one she has delivered. If you want to think that it's true and that you know so, then one could say that all of these songs that we have, could have been in a totally different style before Gaga completed them, and that all of Joanne was a funk the punk disco album.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

beverlyhills
14 minutes ago, komr said:

I'm just referring to Elton John quote, be nicer lol

I'm nice but I'm not here for foolery.

~ eshalala cundala get up off those d!cks ~

lordmaler

Yes there is original LG5 and it was not accoustic you flop fans

http://people.com/celebrity/lady-gaga-new-music-2016-producer-redone-recorded-eight-new-songs

As for what the songs they’ve recorded sound like? RedOne wouldn’t get into specifics but says: “It’s a mixture of classic music and futuristic, too – I didn’t want to go too far from what she is. We kept it [similar to] what Gaga is, what she’s done all these years. It’s special.”

DeanWinchester
4 hours ago, Bloody Matt said:

Nile Rodgers worked with her for Chic's album, not LG5.

receipts that it was solely for Chic's album?

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

The Surrealist
3 hours ago, Rebel Heart said:

Are there receipts for this? I didn't know Questlove and Gaga were friends :oprah:

And are u sure Mark was only meant to be a feature or a producer of only a few songs? She said in an interview that they started talking about working together at the Met Gala when he approached her and asked her if she was ready to make the album he'd been wanting from her or something and they went from there.

She talked about Questlove in one of the interviews after the album was released. Can't remember which one though.

DeanWinchester

So aside from statements by the other producers/writers mentioned earlier in this thread, we have this from Ronson himself

When it came to working with Gaga, Ronson said he "

didn't really know what she wanted to do." On their second day in the studio, they wrote the album's title track. "I was like, '****, I really love this,'" he remembered. "So we started following that direction — it was never contrived, like, 'we're gonna make this honest album.' That's what kept coming out. When BloodPop came in, it got a lot better. He took what we were doing, which was maybe a little, not retro, but very live-music-recorded, and started to chop the **** out of it."

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/7564557/mark-ronson-lady-gaga-interview-2016

Clearly, NOT ONLY were there differences with her plans with the other producers/writers, MR's involvement also was somewhat spontaneous and dictated the direction of Joanne from their first few days together.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Lady Palutena

Probably, or probably not but we will never know unless she either discusses it with us, releases the songs, or the songs leak.

To be honest, I'm quite content with Joanne. It really feels personal, raw, and real. And I'm not sorry for the loss of the RedOne songs; they would have been regressive. Gaga has never pandered to the mainstream, she just so happened to make music that caught on, Joanne is no different, sure EDM is everywhere now but that can change, will change.

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

blackcoffee

I posted my exact thoughts about this on a RedOne thread about a month ago. I said...

Why does everyone assume all those RedOne tracks were dance tunes like her old stuff? I have a feeling they weren't...

I think back to that Elton John interview (which was before she began working with Ronson on Joanne) where he said her new album was kind of her Carole King's "Tapestry" album...that album is very folksy soft rock, singer-songwriter stuff. Elton also mentioned it sounding like "Yoü and I" and her "Bruce Springsteen" song "Bad Romance" (which is almost nothing like Springsteen, so I always assumed he meant another song). 

Then consider the only RedOne song on Joanne is a ballad and the "OMG" leak was also a ballad (this was rumored to be one of the RedOne tracks she played for Ronson). Also, every pic or video we had of them was with guitars and such.

All I am saying is it always appeared to me that with RedOne she was still planning a ballad heavy, more soft rock album that focused on the singer-songwriter (I mean she was also working with ballad queen Dianne). I would not be surprised if 5 or 6 of the 8 tracks were not dance music. 

That said, I'm not a RedOne stan like many here and am super happy she decided to branch out. 

steven

Joanne may not be up to fan's exceptations, but it is a masterpiece. She now has shown to the world who she really is, an ordinary girl with singing talents, and now that she has seen it all, she just needed to show the world her trueself. I don't get the hate for this album since Gaga is in her thirties and is NOT the same girl as she used to be.

Helxig

I think the 'original' LG5 was just the developmental stages, where she's trying different things and really figuring out the next direction. Same thing for the 'original ARTPOP'. It's just a stage she goes through. I think she was right to not give us any hints or snippets this time. By keeping us in the dark she was trying to stop anyone getting false ideas of what would come next. Even though it didn't stop us... :lolga: :sweat:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

fede ARTPOP
8 hours ago, Bloody Matt said:

An "original LG5" never existed. There were just songs that didn't make the cut, something that happens with every album on earth. Monsters just like to dramatize everything with Gaga scrapping things. 

It did exist...Giorgio/Elton/Diane/RedOne/Garibay were supposed to work on it. 

now·taw·ree·uhs  bee·uhng

fede ARTPOP
4 hours ago, lordmaler said:

Yes there is original LG5 and it was not accoustic you flop fans

http://people.com/celebrity/lady-gaga-new-music-2016-producer-redone-recorded-eight-new-songs

As for what the songs they’ve recorded sound like? RedOne wouldn’t get into specifics but says: “It’s a mixture of classic music and futuristic, too – I didn’t want to go too far from what she is. We kept it [similar to] what Gaga is, what she’s done all these years. It’s special.”

I need those 8 songs. :giveup:

now·taw·ree·uhs  bee·uhng

Reality

I really hate it when people just assume that the RedOne tracks would have been better. Like, unless you were there with Gaga and RedOne, you don't know what the tracks sound like, or what they're even about.

Granted, I would love to hear them eventually, but I think it's stupid how people say "Oh, she should have kept the RedOne tracks!" or "She could have done better with those tracks", as if they know what it sounded like. You get one statement that says they're "Grammy worthy" and then assume that it was going to be the best album ever.

And, don't come at me saying that I'm a RedOne hater. I love him, his work with Gaga is incredible, but don't just say that "Gaga could have done better" and over dramatize the situation. She made an artistic decision to go with Mark Ronson as the lead producer, and I love it.  

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

Archived