Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What Lady Gaga and Max Martin has in common

Oivind

Featured Posts

I just rediscovered something I haven't though about for a while: Most of Max Martin's Billboard #1 hits are from 2008 and later. Only two of his #1 hits (...Baby One More Time and It's Gonna be Me) were released before 2008. By a remarkable coincidence, that's when Lady Gaga exploded onto the stage too. Although I don't think it's a coincidence. Both Max Martin and Lady Gaga are masters at creating catchy melodies. It also helped Lady Gaga to work with RedOne in the beginning, of course, another producer/songwriter from Sweden. I think 2008 were at the start of a wave of very melodic pop music. The world was ready for Max Martin and Lady Gaga/RedOne. I think it has ended now, and because of this, I think there's a good chance Gaga would not have made a hit in 2016, even if she collaborated with RedOne. Then again, I could be wrong. Can't Stop the Feeling reached #1, and I think it's very catchy. After all, it's by Max Martin. :)

Sooner or later, there will probably be a new wave of melodic pop. Maybe even in 2017.

Benji

I think it's more about what RedOne and Max Martin had in common.

RedOne had just cracked what makes a smash and Gaga was lucky enough to fall into his hands as he cracked it.

JustAnotherDay

Max Martin is a dance-pop genius, Gaga led the dance-pop wave as it became the mainstream in 2008/2009. Gaga is pretty much the reason Max Martin has these mega hits. 

Spoiler

He has been a hugely successful producer for years before obviously. But he grew much bigger with the advent of Electropop in 2008.

was NickARTPOP

xoxo cupcakke

I mean, Max Martin has been in the scene for a while, and while he only had two #1 hits before 2008, he already had a string of top 10 collabs well before 2008. It only is a coincidence that Gaga exploded in 2008, Max was already an established writer and sometimes producer. The world wasn't ready for Max because it was already experiencing Max. The world was just waiting for someone like Gaga to shake up the pop scene at the time

Supersonic

You're reaching a bit. Max Martin has had 17 Top 10 hits prior to Gaga making it big, with 7 of those making it to the Top 3.

Archived