Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

Enough Complaints About Joanne

PopThatArt

Featured Posts

I couldn't agree more with this thread. I am very quiet on this forum, but I have been coming here since the start.

All you people on your high horses about this being "a forum for discussion" and "everyone's entitled to their opinions" etc. Yes you are correct. Congratulations. You win a participation award for your efforts.

However, first and foremost this is a FAN site. To FAN for a singer. To appreciate the effort, work, blood, sweat and tears of one of the most amazing artists of our generation. To realise she not only has to satisfy her fans. But also the general public. The recording company. Any endorsements she has running. The Haus. Live Nation. Her friends. Her family. And most importantly, herself. Can you imagine, as an artist who puts her heart and soul into her work, how hard it is to get a tick from all those boxes. Put your own career in this position. It wouldn't be a fun place to be in, would it?

I get it. People can not like something, and they shouldn't feel forced to. And in my opinion they certainly don't have to. But as a fan myself, I may not love everything she's doing as much as some things from the past, I will always appreciate and get excited by every new song, video, look and performance. And I come on here, to continue my experience with her apparent "fans" only to find myself clicking the close button before getting off Page 1. 

As a 30 year old male, I long for the days where you would fan for an artist, and when you gathered with fans it was to appreciate and respect the artist. Not try and pick on every single detail they did wrong. That's for the media and critics to do.

Today, every person with a keyboard feels they are entitled to spew out repeated negativity, disguised as an "opinion" or "constructive criticism", into the world. I just don't get it. I'm a glass is half full type person. I always try and find the positives in situations. And even if I don't agree with something she does, I never want Gaga to change her course of action. You may think you are a music "expert", but there's a reason why legends (Elton, Tony, Stevie, Queen, Rolling Stones etc etc etc.) all respect the artist and person Lady Gaga is. And that generic artists (coughCHAINSMOKERScough) criticise her. 

Because she is beyond the level of professionalism and talent out there in the world today.

Gaga Daily used to be a place of celebration. Of the highs. Of the lows. No matter what we were here in support of Lady Gaga. Now there isn't a single thread on here that is not brought down by negativity. It's sad. I used to spend a lot of time on here. Now I find myself hardly coming here. And the times I do, I click off before I finish reading everything I wanted to. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alphaz
1 hour ago, CjP said:

I couldn't agree more with this thread. I am very quiet on this forum, but I have been coming here since the start.

All you people on your high horses about this being "a forum for discussion" and "everyone's entitled to their opinions" etc. Yes you are correct. Congratulations. You win a participation award for your efforts.

However, first and foremost this is a FAN site. To FAN for a singer. To appreciate the effort, work, blood, sweat and tears of one of the most amazing artists of our generation. To realise she not only has to satisfy her fans. But also the general public. The recording company. Any endorsements she has running. The Haus. Live Nation. Her friends. Her family. And most importantly, herself. Can you imagine, as an artist who puts her heart and soul into her work, how hard it is to get a tick from all those boxes. Put your own career in this position. It wouldn't be a fun place to be in, would it?

I get it. People can not like something, and they shouldn't feel forced to. And in my opinion they certainly don't have to. But as a fan myself, I may not love everything she's doing as much as some things from the past, I will always appreciate and get excited by every new song, video, look and performance. And I come on here, to continue my experience with her apparent "fans" only to find myself clicking the close button before getting off Page 1. 

As a 30 year old male, I long for the days where you would fan for an artist, and when you gathered with fans it was to appreciate and respect the artist. Not try and pick on every single detail they did wrong. That's for the media and critics to do.

Today, every person with a keyboard feels they are entitled to spew out repeated negativity, disguised as an "opinion" or "constructive criticism", into the world. I just don't get it. I'm a glass is half full type person. I always try and find the positives in situations. And even if I don't agree with something she does, I never want Gaga to change her course of action. You may think you are a music "expert", but there's a reason why legends (Elton, Tony, Stevie, Queen, Rolling Stones etc etc etc.) all respect the artist and person Lady Gaga is. And that generic artists (coughCHAINSMOKERScough) criticise her. 

Because she is beyond the level of professionalism and talent out there in the world today.

Gaga Daily used to be a place of celebration. Of the highs. Of the lows. No matter what we were here in support of Lady Gaga. Now there isn't a single thread on here that is not brought down by negativity. It's sad. I used to spend a lot of time on here. Now I find myself hardly coming here. And the times I do, I click off before I finish reading everything I wanted to. 

Good for you :madge:

If you see more fans complaining than the ones that don't
That means she's doing it all wrong

Of course, you got people complaining every era
But never this big and messy

We love her, but we are not loving some of the stuff she does lately
If she wants to be praised, go back doing what she's capable of doing, ditch this basic bitch Joanne soon

Even the "flop" ARTPOP album and early ARTPOP era is more exciting than Joanne era

54 minutes ago, RudzXinc said:

Good for you :madge:

If you see more fans complaining than the ones that don't
That means she's doing it all wrong

Of course, you got people complaining every era
But never this big and messy

We love her, but we are not loving some of the stuff she does lately
If she wants to be praised, go back doing what she's capable of doing, ditch this basic bitch Joanne soon

Even the "flop" ARTPOP album and early ARTPOP era is more exciting than Joanne era

Yes... And how well did the ARTPOP era go for her publicly? I think she's realised in order to maximise the longevity of her career and success, she needs to leave people wanting more... Not wanting less. After BTW and ARTPOP, her "schitck" was deemed tired. So why would she come back and do it all again, just because she's had success from doing that in the past?

And I'm sorry... But "That means she's doing it all wrong". That statement is actually laughable. I didn't realise producing an album that went number 1, and is selling the same if not better than most of her contemporaries is "doing it all wrong". We've had some of her most incredible performances this era, and have the best yet to come. And all you can do is sit there and complain.

If being on this forum means having to read unwarranted opinions like yours, then.............

Alphaz
9 minutes ago, CjP said:

Yes... And how well did the ARTPOP era go for her publicly? I think she's realised in order to maximise the longevity of her career and success, she needs to leave people wanting more... Not wanting less. After BTW and ARTPOP, her "schitck" was deemed tired. So why would she come back and do it all again, just because she's had success from doing that in the past?

And I'm sorry... But "That means she's doing it all wrong". That statement is actually laughable. I didn't realise producing an album that went number 1, and is selling the same if not better than most of her contemporaries is "doing it all wrong". We've had some of her most incredible performances this era, and have the best yet to come. And all you can do is sit there and complain.

If being on this forum means having to read uneducated rants like yours then.............

Oh, now ranting is considered uneducated, I merely stated my reasons
I see
It's good to a have a discussion with you :bye:

You can stay quiet from this forum then, it's probably a good thing :trollga:

3 minutes ago, RudzXinc said:

Oh, now ranting is considered uneducated, I merely stated my reasons
I see
It's good to a have a discussion with you :bye:

You can stay quiet from this forum then, it's probably a good thing :trollga:

My apologies. I reconsidered using the term "uneducated" because I don't think that was correct and was extremely harsh. I adjusted it to "unwarranted".

It's a sad, sad day, when people who apparently share such a common "love" resort to cheap shots and GIFs to put their own feelings across. Not just you, but the majority of the people in this thread and forum. I really am done with this fanbase. I hope Gaga continues to do things that displease you so that you can all bugger off.

Alphaz
22 minutes ago, CjP said:

My apologies. I reconsidered using the term "uneducated" because I don't think that was correct and was extremely harsh. I adjusted it to "unwarranted".

It's a sad, sad day, when people who apparently share such a common "love" resort to cheap shots and GIFs to put their own feelings across. Not just you, but the majority of the people in this thread and forum. I really am done with this fanbase. I hope Gaga continues to do things that displease you so that you can all bugger off.

Apologies accepted :hug:
Let's just hope she will keep surprising us in the future
We just want her to dominate pop music once again

Bellatrix
7 hours ago, monsterdino said:

have u checked Nono's thread that he posts everyday and they go trending today? :lolga:

No I haven't. What thtread is that? :emma: 

Archived