Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Taylor Swift as a possible halftime guest?

gagaisitalian

Featured Posts

gagaisitalian

So, this idea just randomly popped into my head because of the other thread that details all of the possible Halftime guests.

Taylor Swift popped into my mind because:

1. Her and Gaga have supported each other and have spoken highly of eachother.

2. The halftime guest isn't always someone who is a part of the main act's career. Madonna had LMFAO, Coldplay had Bruno Mars, Bruno had the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Those are all collaborations that didn't start until the Super Bowl.

3. Taylor Swift will already be in Houston that weekend. She is performing at the Super Saturday Night concert the night before the Super Bowl in the same city where the Super Bowl is taking place.

4. Taylor could pull a Beyoncè and start her new era the weekend of the superbowl, meaning if she performed her new single alongside Lady Gaga, it would be an immediate chart-topper (not that Taylor needs any help when it comes to that).

5. The NFL seems to always try and throw in more than one style of music (look at those above main act/guest spot collabs). While Gaga is "in-your-face" and sometimes "over-the-top", Taylor is easy to take in and safe.

---

I'm sure there are even more reasons why this could happen, but I for one think it could be iconic and really good for Gaga. All the younger music fans who love Taylor would all of a sudden see Gaga as one of Taylor's "friends". Not that Gaga needs anymore fans, but lets face it, she is no longer attracting younger fans who usually are the most supportive of their faves. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland

nnn no :air:

taylor is too big to be a guest :air:

they are probably saving her for a future show :air:

PopThatArt
5 minutes ago, LDR said:

So, this idea just randomly popped into my head because of the other thread that details all of the possible Halftime guests.

Taylor Swift popped into my mind because:

1. Her and Gaga have supported each other and have spoken highly of eachother.

2. The halftime guest isn't always someone who is a part of the main act's career. Madonna had LMFAO, Coldplay had Bruno Mars, Bruno had the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Those are all collaborations that didn't start until the Super Bowl.

3. Taylor Swift will already be in Houston that weekend. She is performing at the Super Saturday Night concert the night before the Super Bowl in the same city where the Super Bowl is taking place.

4. Taylor could pull a Beyoncè and start her new era the weekend of the superbowl, meaning if she performed her new single alongside Lady Gaga, it would be an immediate chart-topper (not that Taylor needs any help when it comes to that).

5. The NFL seems to always try and throw in more than one style of music (look at those above main act/guest spot collabs). While Gaga is "in-your-face" and sometimes "over-the-top", Taylor is easy to take in and safe.

---

I'm sure there are even more reasons why this could happen, but I for one think it could be iconic and really good for Gaga. All the younger music fans who love Taylor would all of a sudden see Gaga as one of Taylor's "friends". Not that Gaga needs anymore fans, but lets face it, she is no longer attracting younger fans who usually are the most supportive of their faves. 

Eech. God no. Taylor's audience is more kiddies and tiny tots, not superbowl audience. And Taylor just uses people to get attention. Lana Del Rey could be interesting and she's on interscope as well. 

Go see A Star is Born

Reality

I mean, it may be great from a business standpoint, because you know, Taylor's one of the biggest female pop stars today, but I just don't want her to perform with Gaga.

It may be another "Coldplay/Bruno/Beyonce" thing where the guests outshine the actual performer. Plus, I just don't like her :interestinga:

🃏🖤👹

PopThatArt
3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

nnn no :air:

taylor is too big to be a guest :air:

they are probably saving her for a future show :air:

"Too big", where? Sure she had a popular album for a couple months but does she really do anything interesting or memorable? No. 

Go see A Star is Born

Taylor is the main act. She will probably headline pretty soon but I doubt either Gaga or Taylor want to have her as a guest.

I'm here for them to collab though.

Just now, PopThatArt said:

"Too big", where? Sure she had a popular album for a couple months but does she really do anything interesting or memorable? No. 

Delicious delusion.

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, PopThatArt said:

lmao, let's not be delusional.... she's successful af... look up her chart positions and sales

Spoiler

in other hand, she has no imapct

Archived