Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

If Gaga's SB is in Daylight...

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

I really, really hope this doesn't happen for Gaga. 

The Half Time usually coincidences with sunset... but not always. 

I remember in Katy's documentary for her show, there was a lot of apprehension regarding whether or not it'd be dark in time for all the visuals to work. In the end, the sun had just about set. 

Look at ColdPlay's set as an example of a daylight SB Show. They were dragged for their visuals - but was it really their fault? If you imagined their graphics in the dark, it would've worked a lot better. Granted, they still could've done something less dependent on lighting, though. 

I hope Gaga manages to somehow ensure all her visuals and lightings work. 

Is it suspicious that all the huge stars (Madonna, Beyonce and Katy most recently) have had theirs in darkness... :sweat: Do they demand a delay to the game starting somehow? Idk but if it's possible, I'd want Gaga to do that. Imagine Katy's set in daylight - it wouldn't have been anywhere near as good. 

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
D1SC0STICK

Okay fine, I'm not the only one thinking about that too.
No hard feelings, but the Coldplay show was sh*t.
But can't they close 'the roof' of that stadium? :cryga:

Find your freedom in the music.

sarahb

According to a quick 2 minute search, sunset in Houston on that date is supposed to be about 6pm, and kick-off is 5:30pm local time. How long does the first half usually go for? 

iCpro

I mean, we already know what time the Super Bowl starts (I'm assuming), and it's not too hard to find out when sunset will be on the day, can't someone figure out if it will be dark or not?

EDIT: beat me to it ^

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

OMonster
1 minute ago, mister max said:

Its not in daylight

Its in the evening

Not always :sweat:

It depends on how the game is played and the duration of the first half. 

Look at Coldplay's set. Katy's team also said it was a worry. 

subtext / fantasy

viniferrett

it will be night, the game start 6:30 pm and the sunset in houston is current at 5:35 pm so....

OMonster
3 minutes ago, sarahb said:

According to a quick 2 minute search, sunset in Houston on that date is supposed to be about 6pm, and kick-off is 5:30pm local time. How long does the first half usually go for? 

Yay, okay we are probably safe then :classy:

I wonder why Coldplay were in daylight, then... And why was Katy saying it was a worry?

KP had me worried :giveup:

subtext / fantasy

iCpro
3 minutes ago, sarahb said:

Apparently the halves are 30 minutes, so the show will start about 10 minutes after sunset, at which point it probably won't be completely dark but dark enough

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

iCpro
2 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I wonder why Coldplay were in daylight, then... And why was Katy saying it was a worry?

Coldplay were in San fransisco, so the game probably had to be played earlier so it would broadcast at the right time on the east coast

As for Katy, that doco was the most stressful hour of my life :cryga:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

ARTPOPNick
2 minutes ago, iCpro said:

Apparently the halves are 30 minutes, so the show will start about 10 minutes after sunset, at which point it probably won't be completely dark but dark enough

but there are a lot of time outs, they have to build the stage, there are some commercials, the clock is stopped a lot of times during the game.. So this can add a lot of extra minutes that can make a huge difference... She will defintely reach sunset, so everything else is just extra, so probably it will be dark

sarahb
3 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I think the game Coldplay played at started at like 3:30pm.

monketsharona

Michael Jackson's SB was in daylight and it's one of the most iconic shows !

Night time would be better, but even if it's daylight, anyway she still can make something huge ;) 

viniferrett
1 minute ago, OMonster said:

katy was very luck tho lol the sun was just setting when her HT started 

Archived