Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Is Pop Music Over?

PopThatArt

Featured Posts

Mary Jane Wayne

It is not dead but it's not what's trendy at the moment. I hate the current edm/urban trend when will it be over? :madge:

Gypsygaga1
2 minutes ago, Mary Jane Wayne said:

It is not dead but it's not what's trendy at the moment. I hate the current edm/urban trend when will it be over? :madge:

I just hate that every song sound the same:madge:

Perfect Ilusion

Gagas love
1 minute ago, Gypsygaga1 said:

I just hate that every song sound the same:madge:

Every song is just the same. I'm sick of this edm train. 

Gypsygaga1
1 minute ago, Gagas love said:

Every song is just the same. I'm sick of this edm train. 

I KNEW THAT SOMEONE WOULD DO THIS:toofunny::cryga:

Perfect Ilusion

pedrohemg

I hope so. I don't like pop music that much. Gaga is the only one I listen to. I hate Britney, Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Swift, 5H etc. I might like some good pop music from a specific singer but I don't listen to pop albums, I don't search for pop music.

Pacify Him

It'll be revived as soon as both Lana and Katy comes into the scene. Pop music is still dead even after Gaga made her comeback :emma:

I’m getting on your nerves

xoxo cupcakke

...what do you mean is pop music over? Pop is an everexisting, everfluid genre that evolves and never completely disappears. I mean, there more singers like Adele in the 50s/60s  before the trend shifted to more upbeat music in the 70s and 80s. Then, the digital revolution hit everyone and changed pop music forever. Something is going to come around and radically change pop music again. Is that time upon us? Who knows, but pop music is well underway and is not fading in popularity any time soon

If you're wondering about the lack of new events and people in pop music, well, that just indicates the industries lack or lack of want to search out new talent. Also, if you want a new pop phenomenon to stick, they have to actually have something unique about them and not people who can just be replaced and interchanged easily

imnotyourbabe10

It does always seem to transition. But I'd be here for some meaningful alternative, pop like late 90s Alanis, Sheryl Crow, Sarah McLachlan, Jewel, Lisa Loeb.  Lilith Fair style female pop would be much appreciated over the overly sexualized, vapid pop music these days--although the tropical vibes in current pop music is nice.

[Male pop/rock from that time like Savage Garden, Goo Goo Dolls, etc would be welcome, too!]

Archived