💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

If Gaga had full control over ARTPOP...

ImpossiblePrincess

Featured Posts

ristretto

The EDM-sound would be more along the lines of Stache/Aura and not whatever the **** we got. We'd also have tracks like Tea and Red Flame with more urban vibes. I always imagined the original ARTPOP to sound something like Beyoncés self-titled album crossed with Keshas Warrior album.

Lord Temptation

The ARTPOP app.

The performance in space.

The lead single would've been Aura and the second single would've been Venus.

So instead of her legendary performance of Applause at the 2013 VMAs, we would've gotten a different legendary performance of Aura (complete with drones etc).

Princess Die, Dope and Brooklyn Nights would've been included in the final cut.

Songs like Aura, Sexxx Dreams, Swine, Applause and Mary Jane Holland wouldn't have been changed to sound "radio friendly" (not that radio would've played them)

I imagine ARTPOP as it should've been to be very aggressive: experimental urban dance pop.

As you can see, ARTPOP was too ambitious. It was too big to fail. Hence...sigh

Gagadonna

If she was in total control over ARTPOP

About the singles: 

- Aura = lead single

- Venus = 2nd single 

- MANiCURE & Sexxx Dreams = 3rd/4th singles 

??

- Gypsy = last single 

About the songs: 

I feel like we wouldn't have had Swine, Fashion!, Jewels N Drugs, Dope and maybe Donatella. Yet, there was a rumour of a "Medusa" song before ARTPOP came out, Medusa being the logo of Versace and Donatella being the head of the cloth brand. So, I think Donatella was always around somewhere... 

Most importantly: we would have had ARTPOP II. 

sillynate

Well we probably wouldn't have Venus. Because that was inspired by her Applause video, and Aura was supposed to be the lead. Unless it was a visual album and she still felt that way after filming it's video. That's all I can think of.

EDIT: and Dope too. I think it was the label who made her change IWBWU to Dope... 

Ooolong

I like to envision ARTPOP as originally being more psychedlic but as others have mentioned, it was likely more urban influenced. I'm not sure which of the songs we did get we'd still have if it went her way; seeing as how a lot of them were still being worked on until right before the release of the album. I think the concept would've been slightly altered and we would've learned more behind the "art meets pop" concept she actually had in mind, opposed to it being about how it was her pain bundled in explosive electronic music. But judging from the demos and such, I think it would've been more of a powerhouse vocal album and it KILLS me we didn't get that; I need more studio recordings that showcase Gaga's vocals! 

I love ARTPOP nonetheless and I think the visuals we did get were still amazing, even though they were ultimately a tease in the grand scheme of things and could've been so much more. 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Ooolong
11 minutes ago, sillynate said:

Well we probably wouldn't have Venus. Because that was inspired by her Applause video, and Aura was supposed to be the lead. Unless it was a visual album and she still felt that way after filming it's video. That's all I can think of.

I've never heard of Venus being inspired by the Applause video; I thought it was already an established concept by then and Venus was already in production. Do you have any receipts :huh:?

The Unbannable Chanteuse

sillynate
1 minute ago, Ooolong said:

I've never heard of Venus being inspired by the Applause video; I thought it was already an established concept by than and Venus was already in production. Do you have any receipts :huh:?

No I don't :poot: I'm a flop, sorry. I just thought that since the sea shell bikini and garden pantie scene in Applause is mentioned in Venus that it was made after the video was at least in early production.

RocketNumberNine

Applause (ıt will be)
Do What U Want 
Sexxx Dreams 
Girl Under You 
Aura 

these are could be single ... and she's performing on the many other music awards... and the tour lasted a little longer.

this is funny to compare tbh.

I dont feel like "tea" didn't make the final cut for anything but herself disliking the song with the time passed by. I mean... September 2012 I guess? Many songs from ARTPOP we know that were being worked since TEA announcement, actually, we can check that "ARTPOPGAGA" account. "Money & Drugs" "Gipsy" "Mary Jane Holland"... these were songs that she really seems to like it, but we also can check few references that "don't make sense" after all (= scrapped songs\ideas). We had "ARTPOP" (title track) playing in that car vid too.

I don't think she would change the thing, but songs like Venus & DWUW woudn't happen maybe?

DWUW was a solo song til July 2013 when they decided to put R.Kelly in the track and it turned into "album material", and Venus was the last song done for the album itself in like September 2013.

I think the album would sound way heavier than it even ended up. Like Stache\Princess High as a teaser and the song is really noisy\edm.

It's not like the album would be any way more "conceptual" tho lol, she always described and it would be "way more Immature" and fun\just like The Fame. I think this was kinda one of the "ARTPOPproblems". The way the album is =\= the title itself. I love it, but I think Gaga felt scared of releasing something "Immature but fun and full of dance music!" after the big-life-changing-BTW... and it ended with the album being sold as "IT'S WHEN THE ARTIST DRIVES THE PUBLIC AGAIN. THE ARTIST IS IN CONTROL" and... all...

Just caught that people complained about ARTPOP having songs that were "recycled" bcus of the beat and... I realized we had Stache in 2012... it was always in our face :laughga::laughga::laughga::laughga::laughga::laughga:

1. Have Aura's original demo

2. IWBWY instead of Dope

3. Sex Dreams instead of Sexxx Dreams

4. Applause won't be the lead single

5. ACT 2 would've released in 2014

6. Brooklyn Nights added to tracklist

7. Ratchet instead of Jewel's & Drugs

8. Venus would've been a single

9. MANiCURE's original demo

10. Partynaueous instead of Swine

Archived