Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne is calculated. Lady Gaga is selling out.

beverlyhills

Featured Posts

Letmelivemylife
2 hours ago, Edlim222 said:

That's not about being her true self. She is not saying that now she is herself but during the previous eras she was fake. She has always been her true self. Like she said, Joanne is her attempt to show a different part of her, a part we didn't know that much. Maybe that's why many of us are surprised. Because every person has many parts in their personality. Through all those parts you may act very differently, but still it is your true self. Everyone here can be naughty AND nice. But still, time change us and I guess every era reflects her current feelings. She is an artist. She won't do the same thing twice. Remember that.  

Exactly!!!!! This is what I've been trying to get people to understand. If you bake a cake, it becomes whatever frosting you put on it (chocolate, vanilla, etc) but at its very core, it's still a cake if that makes sense. She's NOT saying that the wigs, leather, etc were fake. That's just how she chose to express herself at the time. The wigs, leather, fishnets, etc are still a part of who she is. She's just showing us a different part now

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Letmelivemylife

*sticks fingers in mouth and whistles* hey!!!!!!!!! Everybody be nice!!!!!! 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

KleinGa

I agree with you

but

this is a bit tired.

Lay it to bed hunney,

We have 2.5 threads a day about this topic

KURUSHITOVSKA
9 hours ago, beverlyhills said:

She is indeed a crazy creative soul, just like the majority of her fanbase, that's why we fell in love because we could relate to being different just like her. She is a fashion icon. Since when have you been a LM? I've been here since she released Poker Face, maybe it's different to you than for me. 

I've been a fan since Just Dance and I can accept the fact that she can be so tired of wearing uncomfy things just to impact some stupid people that can only see her outfits instead of her unlimited talent. She's not a fashion icon for me, she is one of the most talented artists that have ever been out there

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

C1trus
20 hours ago, Edlim222 said:

That's not about being her true self. She is not saying that now she is herself but during the previous eras she was fake. She has always been her true self. Like she said, Joanne is her attempt to show a different part of her, a part we didn't know that much. Maybe that's why many of us are surprised. Because every person has many parts in their personality. Through all those parts you may act very differently, but still it is your true self. Everyone here can be naughty AND nice. But still, time change us and I guess every era reflects her current feelings. She is an artist. She won't do the same thing twice. Remember that. ;) 

Yes. Doing the same things over and over again could kill Gaga anytime :saladga:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

NIghtmareElm

She says that she's so happy during this era.  Next year she will say that she was sabotaged by Interscope, radio, and will ignore Joanne completely.  

I don't recall her ever saying anything about Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, and Born This Way.  Oh right.  Those songs were iconic, dominated the charts, and what made Gaga, Gaga.  

juicyjuicy

All of her eras are calculated, but to an extent tbh.

I believe there is certainly some things that are "fictional" or "calculated" in this era, but largely inspired by real events that happened to Gaga throughout her life and to her friends.

I think the reason why people and critics are skeptical about her music is because it's a weird mix of pop and something that's never been done before. I feel like it's tough for her to find a balance between creating music she really wants to put out and what her label wants.

Luxe Ford

Is that a can of worms? Lets open and see!

If she's selling out she must be doing something really, really wrong considering. 

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

StrawberryBlond

An artist can have multiple sides to them. Gaga said that she'd wanted to do an acoustic album for a long time now and finally said this was the time to do it. Every big superstar has an era like this in their career, when they drop all the pretence and show what's in their heart, particularly if they were under heavy label control previously. Just because Gaga is doing something different doesn't mean that she's being fake or selling out. Just showing other sides.

But I'd be lying if I said that she wasn't partly doing this because being 'real' right now brings guaranteed success. She likely thought it was the best time to do an album like this, the best time for the public to respond well to it. Because she knows the public have been telling her for several years to abandon all the glitz and glamour and show us who she really is. So, she does it and people accuse her of being fake? She can't win. The problem isn't with Gaga, it's that the public and critics can't make up their minds about what they want. Yet, they give a free pass to others to do something different, the little teachers pets like Taylor and Beyonce, women who've never had to fight tooth and nail for a career like Gaga nor possess her amazing talent, yet they get endless praise, sales and awards bestowed upon them.

I feel like she's downplaying this whole era so that the superbowl feels amazing. Think about it. The way she slayed John Wayne at the Victoria's Secret fashion show isn't anything abnormal or amazing for her, but we ate it up because this whole era is lacking in cool performances like that.

This means she has effectively set her bar lower for our expectations. She won't have to do anything incredibly crazy on stage to make it an amazing experience.

beverlyhills
37 minutes ago, DeathEater said:

She says that she's so happy during this era.  Next year she will say that she was sabotaged by Interscope, radio, and will ignore Joanne completely.  

I don't recall her ever saying anything about Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, and Born This Way.  Oh right.  Those songs were iconic, dominated the charts, and what made Gaga, Gaga.  

The public thinks the glam is fake but we monsters know it's not. I am very clear in what I want and it is not Miss Joanne but Lady Gaga.

~ eshalala cundala get up off those d!cks ~

Omar Vela
20 hours ago, beverlyhills said:

ARTPOP feels more authentic

Stop reading at this. ARTPOP was very try-hard, like "hey everybody I'm Lady Gaga I can still shock you" ... poor album with lots of samples ._.  (actually a lot of instrumentals that were already done). the only song I cared about was VENUS

Archived