Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne is calculated. Lady Gaga is selling out.

beverlyhills

Featured Posts

KURUSHITOVSKA
13 minutes ago, beverlyhills said:

Would you like to clarify pumpkin?

Gaga isn't able to decide if she wanta to change single releases because that's the label that is in charge of her promotion, because they get their money from those sales (caused by promo made by them). Gaga doesn't recieve a lot from her music itself just like the majority of music contracts. Plus the only thing that is diferent now is the outfits, Joanne is VERY similar to a lot of her unreleased songs and Red and Blue (Just Another Day could've been on RAB and it would fit perfectly), so it's quite obvious to me that she is now doing something that makes her feel like she's being herself, without all the glitter and electropop, samples, crazy outfits, big paraphernalia, etc, just like she was before the world knew GaGa and before she started to wear those crazy outfits that made her well known. Gaga was never a product, she knew very well what to do, and she's now like trying to show everyone that behind everything she's shown to the world during these past 8 years, there's also someone real that can feel and has a life just like anybody else in the world, so she can be more relatable... She is such a crazy creative soul, and I guess that level of paraphernalia made her feel like she was just being distant from the "real" world that is her family, friends, etc. It's not that she wore that sparking bra at her family's Christmas dinner, so i just assume she is now trying to be more "hey i'm just a normal girl like everybody else but I also make music" instead of "look at my meat dress, i can sing too and sell records"

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beverlyhills
3 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Gaga isn't able to decide if she wanta to change single releases because that's the label that is in charge of her promotion, because they get their money from those sales (caused by promo made by them). Gaga doesn't recieve a lot from her music itself just like the majority of music contracts. Plus the only thing that is diferent now is the outfits, Joanne is VERY similar to a lot of her unreleased songs and Red and Blue (Just Another Day could've been on RAB and it would fit perfectly), so it's quite obvious to me that she is now doing something that makes her feel like she's being herself, without all the glitter and electropop, samples, crazy outfits, big paraphernalia, etc, just like she was before the world knew GaGa and before she started to wear those crazy outfits that made her well known. Gaga was never a product, she knew very well what to do, and she's now like trying to show everyone that behind everything she's shown to the world during these past 8 years, there's also someone real that can feel and has a life just like anybody else in the world, so she can be more relatable... She is such a crazy creative soul, and I guess that level of paraphernalia made her feel like she was just being distant from the "real" world that is her family, friends, etc

She is indeed a crazy creative soul, just like the majority of her fanbase, that's why we fell in love because we could relate to being different just like her. She is a fashion icon. Since when have you been a LM? I've been here since she released Poker Face, maybe it's different to you than for me. 

~ eshalala cundala get up off those d!cks ~

KennyRichie
4 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

In my opinion it's just a plan to clean her image and Joanne is just a character

It is. And there are many more to come, i'll drink to that on this new year's eve 

giskardsb

The Fame was selling out.  Joanne is an extension of what she was doing before Fusari talked her into using electronic beats.  "Back to her Roots."  Joanne is more "authentic" Stefani than The Fame ever was.

Impostor

Well to be honest, every era Gaga acts different and every era is kinda polemic, so just take a moment, go hear other music and come back when you want. Joanne is still a good album. Look at all the bad stuff they're doing in pop and look at what Gaga's doing... It's so much more authentic than most of the current hits.

PartySick
1 hour ago, beverlyhills said:

This whole "Joanne, the real me, father's daughter, etc" is all a bunch of BS.

It's just as BS as the Fame era's shallow pop girl act, TFM era's grotesque act, BTW's gay/political activism act, and ARTPOP's artsy and crazy act

Spoiler

Which is to say it's not BS at all :green:

Any fan of Gaga's knows that she'll never do the same thing twice. This is just another chapter. She hasn't sold out, she's just doing something different like she did in the last 5 eras (counting C2C) :laughga:

💚

Economy

I still think Joanne might be purposely planned as an era to cleanse Gagas immage from the desperate girl that went too far for attention reputation

Madonna had an era like that too to rebuild her immage

But even uf its all commercial. Does it matter? Of course you want an audience for your art you dont wanna just loose it and Gaga worked too hard for it

Of course shes still gonna think commercially sometimes

And despite any commercial aspect to this, im sure a lot is very authentic nevertheless!!! :) 

I don't think she is selling out, but I do think the extreme toned-down vibe she's emulating does feel incredibly forced. 

Edlim222

That's not about being her true self. She is not saying that now she is herself but during the previous eras she was fake. She has always been her true self. Like she said, Joanne is her attempt to show a different part of her, a part we didn't know that much. Maybe that's why many of us are surprised. Because every person has many parts in their personality. Through all those parts you may act very differently, but still it is your true self. Everyone here can be naughty AND nice. But still, time change us and I guess every era reflects her current feelings. She is an artist. She won't do the same thing twice. Remember that. ;) 

A cruel king made me tough / This boy's never good enough

Archived