💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would ARTPOP have done better today?

Ares

Featured Posts

I love ARTPOP and every song is a bop to me, but I know it didn't perform that amazingly. 

Do you think it would've performed better (chart wise) if she released it in 2016 rather then 2013? Just wondering what you all think because I think it's interesting topic! :) 

Some songs on ARTPOP would've sounded out of date like I would say if released now due to the EDM sound so it might've done slightly worse than it did back then.

DeanWinchester

Might be even messier because it's a lot more "noisier" than the current trend considering it was criticized as "too noisy" in a period of EDM

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

John Wayne

To me ARTPOP was the most creative thing that Gaga has done and she took a huge risk by making it an experimental album. The problem was tho that Gaga cant steer into a certain genre, ARTPOP was too heavy for EDM, same as Joanne is not pure pop. If ARTPOP was tweaked a bit, it would have been a comercial success, either back in 2013 or now. 

If Gaga can't make an Americana themed album successful, during the height of this weird Nationalist frenzy, I think it's fair to say ARTPOP wouldn't fair any better in 2016.

lifeasgeorge

It sounded outdated in 2013 (would have been better 2012 tbh) and would sound beyond outdated now so no. 

live and let live

5 minutes ago, lifeasgeorge said:

It sounded outdated in 2013 (would have been better 2012 tbh) and would sound beyond outdated now so no. 

15 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

ARTPOP sound is so 2011-12 so not at all (main reason AP should have been released in 2012) 

How music realesed 3 years ago can sound dated? 😐 Some of you guys....

Psychedelic
1 hour ago, komr said:

Because it's the new millenium and trends change so constantly that one day one thing is a trend, next day it is not... I know there are artists that may still make music ARTPOP-like but it is not the trend now, nor has it been in a long period.

chromaticainmyhead
37 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

ARTPOP actually sounds better today than it did in 2013.

This. 
Applause would've gotten its true smash this year. Just imagine all the media coverage that Gaga got from the August/September hype around her comeback + the release of the Applause MV. 
(Actually numerous friends talked to me about how they've re-discovered Applause when I ask them about Gaga-songs)
The other tracks on the album still sound pretty fresh to me compared to other pop artist's material that was released three years ago. 

However, I am very grateful we got to listen to Joanne :classy:

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

Lord Temptation
50 minutes ago, tizian said:

This. 
Applause would've gotten its true smash this year. Just imagine all the media coverage that Gaga got from the August/September hype around her comeback + the release of the Applause MV. 
(Actually numerous friends talked to me about how they've re-discovered Applause when I ask them about Gaga-songs)
The other tracks on the album still sound pretty fresh to me compared to other pop artist's material that was released three years ago. 

However, I am very grateful we got to listen to Joanne :classy:

I cringe so hard at all the media-obeying minions who regurgitate the line that "ARTPOP sounded dated in 2013".

Because, in a cruel twist of irony, it's the only pop album from from that year that gets better and better the more you listen to it. 

It's the only album from 2013 that doesn't sound like every other album from 2013.

ARTPOP is truly one of a kind. 

Ricardo
3 hours ago, komr said:

Because ARTPOP sound is bold, is noisy EDM, I'm not complaining I love ARTPOP but the GP was sick of it back then, we had Avicii, Calvin Harris and Zedd hits for like 2 years, that's why I'm saying the album would have done better in 2012 

4 hours ago, Ricardo said:

ARTPOP sound is so 2011-12 so not at all (main reason AP should have been released in 2012) :grr:

THIS! I always thought ARTPOP should've released around December 2012 or January 2013. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived