💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Interscope actually gives Gaga a lot of control

Quark

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland
12 minutes ago, HOTNGaga said:

But they still control her? Do you know how different her discography and music would be if they allowed her to do whatever she wanted to music wise (mostly regarding AP)? 

Well at the end of the day, they MUST control her :emma:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's good to keep the discussion in one thread because more people will get together and discuss but, yeah. 

She has a lot of power under Insterscope, it's a fact.  

We don't know (at all) what happened during ARTPOP, and it's not like we'll ever know, but I see it just gaga under a lot of pressure and it made her feel bad. It's not like it was supposed to be A and ended up looking like Y. 

People change their minds all the time, so Gaga does. Sometimes we act like "BUT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE TOTALLY ANOTHER THING IN 2012 AND INTERSCOPE FKED UP)" or maybe it was just gaga changing the album direction for something she felt connected at that time (aka 2013). 

Eighteen

i feel like gaga surrounds herself with "yes men." like if i were there, i would have said, excuse me, your lyrics on perfect illusion need a little more work, particularly this:

I don't need eyes to see
I felt you touchin' me
High like amphetamine
Maybe you're just a dream
That's what it means to crush
Now that I'm wakin' up
I still feel the blow
But at least now I know

HOTNebraskaGuy
7 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Well at the end of the day, they MUST control her :emma:

It's not like her fans aren't the only ones buying her stuff ATM though :toofunny:

One, five, ten lay a million on me

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, HOTNGaga said:

It's not like her fans aren't the only ones buying her stuff ATM though :toofunny:

Joanne has sold ~750.000 copies :reductive:

HOTNebraskaGuy
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

Joanne has sold ~750.000 copies :reductive:

750,000 monsters :trollga:

One, five, ten lay a million on me

11 hours ago, Enigma said:

The music says a lot

No it doesn't. For all we know, the decay album, ARTPOP act II could be real but not released because of them. Stop pretending you know anything about what goes behind the scenes, we clearly don't know (or we only know Gaga's point in some cases)

11 hours ago, monketsharona said:

TF and TFM were very risky too at that time

TF i agree

but TFM wasnt for me, it was a Euro Pop perfection and Im from europe so it wasnt risky in my opinion

Delusional Aura

I think once upon a time they had a good amount of control. But, now since she always blame everyone else for her commercial underperformance instead of herself, they let her do whatever she wants and just call it a lost cause.

The Child
11 hours ago, M Monstre said:

Well, there's a reason why she said what she said about the music industry. Remember the whole "Creative Rebellion" thing? Obviously they have some sort of control over her that she doesn't appreciate, otherwise she wouldn't have said the things she said. 

Yeah but Gaga wants 100% freedom and we all know and she knows it herself she can't have 100% freedom and control.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

I don't think Joanne would have happened if she did not have a lot of creative control. Anyone primarily interested in sales wouldn't choose to collaborate with Beck, Father John Misty, Florence Welch, Josh Homme and Kevin Parker. They would have chosen to make dance pop like she did on the first albums, and to collaborate with chart-topping pop artists. I'm sure some of the artists topping the charts would be more than willing to collaborate with Lady Gaga.

The Fame Joanne
12 hours ago, Enigma said:

In general they were very different from anything on the radio. I mean Aura, Come to Mama, ECT.

What is an ECT?  

Edit: Do you mean etc? :oprah:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived