Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Proof That Joanne is NOT a flop

MessyTop

Featured Posts

TopDomBoy
Just now, FATCAT said:

That's just a ridiculous statement, everyone knows who Adele is, she's the largest icon I can think of in today's age.

Yeah, shes just a great vocalist. :classy:

All monsters are human, you are a monster.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LizaMontero
16 hours ago, Sister Jude said:

Adele is extra super overrated, she has no legacy or iconic impact. :classy:

Queen of Sales, I say :nails:

YaaaasGaga

It gets said on every thread like this, but these sales are without a proper hit single and all before the promotion on the biggest stage in the world; the Super Bowl!

Sales Increase percentages post-Superbowl for past headliners have been:

Bruno Mars: +400%

Coldplay: +365%

Katy Perry: +92%

Beyonce: +230%

Joanne is gonna slay all these hoes

Gagaloo911

Wow, literally selling more than all the others after ONLY 2 MONTHS! The only girl on par with Madge's impact WW, a true global Queen :applause: 

58 minutes ago, Ikvs said:

I'm happy for that, but when we talk about impact... Compare Gaga's singles impact to Sia's and Ariana's :/

Album sales >>>>>> Single sales

I'd rather stan an albums artist rather than someone who sells a ton of singles that won't be remembered in 5 yrs :lolly:

Gagaloo911
44 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

That's just a ridiculous statement, everyone knows who Adele is, she's the largest icon I can think of in today's age.

Adele, an icon? Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

She's an incredible vocalist and sells those albums, but let's be real she isn't iconic and is not an icon. Selling albums (even if it's a fvck ton more than anyone else) doesn't equate to being an icon lol.

PopBitch

Nobody said it was a flop.  There's been no scandal about this album not being well received  It has been..It's not a massive album in sales, but it's no flop at all, especially in this musical climate these days.

I think there's been discussion about the decline of big hit singles for her on albums.

55 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Wow, literally selling more than all the others after ONLY 2 MONTHS! The only girl on par with Madge's impact WW, a true global Queen :applause: 

Album sales >>>>>> Single sales

I'd rather stan an albums artist rather than someone who sells a ton of singles that won't be remembered in 5 yrs :lolly:

I'm not taling about sales, but cultural impact. Compare the people who knows Ariana or Sia released a single, and the people who have heard of PI or MR.

Girl Under You

As much as I love Gaga (and Joanne sales are impressive in this tragic sales climate) I don't think this is fair. Let's look at the facts:

· ANTI was released in Q1 (January) and she hadn't released a single since April 2015 (Work does not count as it was released a few hours before the album). This Is Acting was also released in Q1 (but that one had Alive, which was a moderate hit and came from a successful era-1000FOF, so idk tbh)

· Glory and Rebel Heart are their 9th and 13th albums respectively, and Rebel Heart sold more than Joanne in its first weeks. It declined right after though.

· Dangerous Woman has been way more successful than Joanne singles-wise so far; the title track and Into You have served longevity and Side to Side has been one of the most successful female singles of the year. Hopefully Gaga can achieve that with A-YO and the 4th single (and MR too lol).

Gardevoir
2 hours ago, Lnds500 said:

I don't consider it a flop, and neither do I consider ARTPOP a flop but posts like this are sooooo tempting.. 

I really wanna ask how many were the first week sales for Born This Way or Adele's 25.:reductive:

Reveal hidden contents

Adele: 3.38 Million

Born This Way 1.11 Million :madge:

To be fair, you are comparing it with underperforming albums

to be fair it's not 2011 anymore. It's incomparable. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Gardevoir
1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

Adele is not an icon. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

TopDomBoy
1 hour ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Adele, an icon? Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

She's an incredible vocalist and sells those albums, but let's be real she isn't iconic and is not an icon. Selling albums (even if it's a fvck ton more than anyone else) doesn't equate to being an icon lol.

42 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

Adele is not an icon. 

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

All monsters are human, you are a monster.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived