Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga collaborate more with contemporary artists?

BloodyJudas

Featured Posts

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MessyTop
32 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

The problem with "JOANNE" is neither a hit-packed album nor a critically acclaimed albums (It got mixed reviews). Lemonade is the album that everybody is talking about when it comes to critical acclaim and legacy. Gaga took pains to create the album that was meant to impress music critics but in some ways to no avail. Still, it is quite a good album but at the same time it doesn't stand out.

I agree. People forget the album is there. Even Gaga sometimes. SigH

OMonster

I am 100% here for some current, contemporary collaborations... but only with the right artist. 

Gaga is no longer a pop girl and that is the truth. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing (some days I'm all for it and others, I do feel quite nostalgic), but it is what it is. She's still a huge name who is hugely, hugely respected - way more than before - but her genre-defying musicianship has very much meant that she's now in her own lane of fame. She is not in the same category as the Ariana's and Nicki's, for example. 

This in mind, if she were to collaborate with a 'now' artist, in my opinion it couldn't be with a 'pop girl' so to speak. It just wouldn't work. She isn't 'above' them - but she is very, very different. She is not just another popstar - she is more a legend (before her time, admittedly) nowadays. 

I would be SO here for a collaboration with artists like: Bruno Mars, Sia, The Weeknd, Shakira, Beyonce (like Gaga - she's changed overtime... she isn't a 'pop girl' anymore), Adele... you know the kind. Big names, big talent, real musicians that aren't generic pop. 

My dream right now would be for a Sia collaboration. It could be incredible. 

subtext / fantasy

BloodyJudas
1 minute ago, OMonster said:

I am 100% here for some current, modern collaborations... but only with the right artist. 

Gaga is no longer a pop girl and that is the truth. I'm not sure how I feel about it (some days I'm all for it and others I do feel quite nostalgic), but that's just not her anymore. She's still a huge name and hugely respected but her range, diversity and own musicianship has very much meant that she's now in her own lane of music and fane. She is not in the same category as the Ariana's and Nicki's. 

If she were to collaborate with a 'now' artist therefore, in my opinion it couldn't be with a 'pop girl' so to speak. I would be SO here for a collaboration with artists like: Bruno Mars, Sia, The Weeknd, Shakira, Beyonce (like Gaga - she's changed overtime... she isn't a 'pop girl' anymore), Adele... you know the kind. Big names, big talent, real musicians but aren't generic pop.

My dream right now would be for a Sia collaboration. It could be incredible. 

How would you feel about Gaga collarorating with Britney /Rihanna or Katy???

OMonster
56 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

How would you feel about Gaga collarorating with Britney /Rihanna or Katy???

I think a Rihanna collaboration could be really, really good. She wouldn't be my first choice but I do believe she's a good musician. Her and Gaga could do something cool - something more in line with Anti would be best, perhaps. Something like Kiss It Better maybe... a pop ballad with some vocal AND performance opportunity. 

As for Katy and Britney, I'm not really sure if this would work for today's Gaga. Britney is an icon and back in the times of 2008-13ish, I think a Britney and Gaga collaboration would've been absolutely huge. The same with Katy probably. Now though, I think it would feel a bit awkward if Gaga (who nowadays, prides herself for musicianship and authenticity) released anything with Britney or Katy - both ultimate pop girls who do not have THAT much artistic diversity or depth. I mean, Britney miming and Gaga belting would be so uncomfortable. 

Honestly, I don't think Gaga would do it. I really would be so shocked.

I do not think she would make music with artists who are not on the same wavelength, musically, as she is. She's said before that she likes her collaborations to come through the spontaneity of just playing around with instruments, melodies and lyrics. This could never happen with the likes of Britney and Katy - their processes I imagine are quite contrived and constructed. There is nothing 'wrong' with this, by the way. Britney (formerly at least) and Katy are huge business juggernauts - they know the marketing game so, so well and have in place a team with the same €€€ vision. Gaga is the opposite to this now. 

subtext / fantasy

Swan Heart

I would be fine with some: Sia, Bruno, The Weekend, even Rihanna, but not for the sake of having a hit song - it's cheap.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

BloodyJudas
1 hour ago, OMonster said:

I do not think she would make music with artists who are not on the same wavelength, musically, as she is. She's said before that she likes her collaborations to come through the spontaneity of just playing around with instruments, melodies and lyrics. This could never happen with the likes of Britney and Katy - their processes I imagine are quite contrived and constructed.

Actually , Katy Perry writes her own music and co-produces it ;) She has witten many songs for otehr artists and Black Widow was her song ;) She is a good singer and I watched her documentary and people said she had a huge contribution not only musically speaking but also when it comes to her presence and image ;) I would not bring her down, she deserves credit ,she's also achieved a lot during her 8-year-career ;)

sipthistea

If she's going to collab with a contemporary artist, I hope it comes from a genuine place. I don't stan collaborations just for the need of a hit.

She already collaborated with Florence, and they delivered an amazing song. I think it would be amazing if she works with Bruno Mars, or maybe with Sia. 

I can only imagine her collaborating with other contemporary artist if she went back to TF era looks, maybe slightly weirder or more mature now but in the same vein.

Don't think anyone would want to hear a Chainsmokers & Joanne sort of collaboration.

I feel like before Gaga can work with all those acclaimed producers she should be herself, be comfortable with her own voice and not trying to strain it to imitate someone. Just sing naturally in a dark room with no eyes on her; that kind of voice.

And please, don't discredit other artists' hard work when you don't even know what happens. Show the receipts please. If you do, you should also keep in mind Gaga winning that Golden Globe with payola.

12 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

Actually , Katy Perry writes her own music and co-produces it ;) She has witten many songs for otehr artists and Black Widow was her song ;) She is a good singer and I watched her documentary and people said she had a huge contribution not only musically speaking but also when it comes to her presence and image ;) I would not bring her down, she deserves credit ,she's also achieved a lot during her 8-year-career ;)

No disrespect to Katy, but although it's correct that Black Widow lists Katy Perry as cowriter, it is also written by Iggy Azalea herself and production team Stargate. I don't know what Katy Perry contributed to the song, but I would imagine hitmakers like Stargate (who also wrote Fireworks for Katy Perry) do most of the songwriting, while the artists mostly contribute by writing lyrics. Most of Katy Perry's hits are written  by Max Martin and Dr. Luke, BTW.

Lady Gaga has of course received a lot of help too, but I think she is in a different league from Katy Perry, both as a musician and as a songwriter. I still like Katy Perry, and am excited about her next album, but I think she and Lady Gaga will be very different in the future. I hope Lady Gaga will become more recognized as a musician and not just a pop queen. I hope Katy Perry will stay a pop queen, because she's my favorite pop queen when Lady Gaga goes in a different direction, and I fear Katy Perry will fall through if she tries to do the same kind of thing Lady Gaga has done. She's not a very good live singer, from what little I've heard on Youtube.

It's not that I don't want Gaga to collaborate...

It's just that I hate most things on the radio.

Most people who I want her to collaborate with don't exist on the American pop radar.

Plus I think Gaga wants to work with people who write their own music, or with a person's team where she has more control over what she sounds like.

Her collaborations with Kendrick Lamar didn't pan out because, not only did she not have enough time, she hate what the production team was doing to her voice.

Gaga is very particular on her creative output, and I think iunless she has a great hand in what she's doing, she won't do it.

Plus not to mention, some of us have come to terms Gaga is never going to be a superstar again.

Gaga is in this for enjoyment. Money? Fame? It's all secondary.

You've found your career if it's something you could continue to do even if you weren't getting paid to do it.

Archived