The OA (Netflix Original Series)

Logan

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eighteen
Just now, Logan said:

A mixture of laughing and sobbing uncontrollably. 

i just cried. and then i rewinded it to watch it again and then cried again. :ladyhaha:

Just now, 18 said:

i just cried. and then i rewinded it to watch it again and then cried again. :ladyhaha:

Spoiler

The final movement ended perfectly where she was shot. She helped save the kids in the school and now she's traveling to the dimension that the prisoners are in :giveup: 

Eighteen
46 minutes ago, Logan said:
  Hide contents

The final movement ended perfectly where she was shot. She helped save the kids in the school and now she's traveling to the dimension that the prisoners are in :giveup: 

Spoiler

omg i hope so. when they discovered the books under the bed, i thought for a moment she might be delusional or something. there better be a season 2!!!!

Just now, 18 said:
  Hide contents

omg i hope so. when they discovered the books under the bed, i thought for a moment she might be delusional or something. there better be a season 2!!!!

Spoiler

A lot of people on Reddit think the FBI guy planted them so that her friends wouldn't believe her. Why would he be in there in the first place when French was going through the house? 

Eighteen
1 hour ago, Logan said:
  Hide contents

A lot of people on Reddit think the FBI guy planted them so that her friends wouldn't believe her. Why would he be in there in the first place when French was going through the house? 

Spoiler

oh yeah that's right. on another note i hope french and buck become a thing.

Ambrosia

I watched and loved Stranger Things and this is nothing like it, so not sure how people would compare other than people compare anything these days. 

I like this show but I'm not done with S1 just yet.  I really like the story she tells from her past - the story and characters are fascinating.  I don't like it so much when they go back to present day, it's just kind of meh.  I don't like the characters in the present, but yet it's pretty cool how that teacher joined the circle. 

It is very interesting and original.  Netflix and Amazon are really stepping up the game with original programming.  I watch them almost exclusively to network TV nowadays.

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

I love both The OA and Stranger Things and they're different entities; but you guys have to admit there are quite a few similarities. Especially when you take into account they're both Netflix shows and came out within months of each other.

Spoiler

Both are sci-fi/fantasy mysteries with horror and thriller elements.

Both have an offbeat female lead with special abilities, who are held captive and experimented on. And in the end sacrifice themselves to save their friends.

Both have 8 episodes in their debut season.

Both have female leads with experimental sounding names.

Both have to do with interdimensional travel.

Both have eclectic soundtracks with a heavy electronic influence.

Both have female leads that intrust their stories to strangers which blossoms into friendships, where they want to protect each other. 

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Ambrosia

I just finished watching S1 tonight.  What a beautiful and emotional ending and story.  Now, that I've seen it, I don't understand everything, we're not supposed to, but I still found it complete in a strange way.  I had misgivings about some of the earlier parts, but I am in love now.  What a well thought out and put together show.  :wub:

Logan
2 minutes ago, Ambrosia said:

I just finished watching S1 tonight.  What a beautiful and emotional ending and story.  Now, that I've seen it, I don't understand everything, we're not supposed to, but I still found it complete in a strange way.  I had misgivings about some of the earlier parts, but I am in love now.  What a well thought out and put together show.  :wub:

Spoiler

Every time I watch the ending I cry. To see everything they worked towards come together in an unexpected turnout of events was so beautiful. And when Steve yells at the ambulance "Angel! Take me with you!" I lose it. 

Ambrosia
2 minutes ago, Logan said:
  Hide contents

Every time I watch the ending I cry. To see everything they worked towards come together in an unexpected turnout of events was so beautiful. And when Steve yells at the ambulance "Angel! Take me with you!" I lose it. 

⋱ ⋮ ⋰ღ.★*´ *´¨`*`*★ღ. ه  Whooosshh ⋱ ⋮ ⋰ღ.★*´ *´¨`*`*★ღ. ه

Archived