💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga to still go ahead with her Jakarta concert

DORd

Featured Posts

Americano

Actually it's not hurting her, it's making her even more famous and getting the notorious image.

What POP star wants to be notorious? :wtf:

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

What POP star wants to be notorious? :wtf:

Lady Gaga? Madonna? :)

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Hot Space

I'm sure she knows what she's doing. If it is completely dangerous she and her team will pull out. She's not going to waltz into a mob scene.

Americano

Lady Gaga? Madonna? :)

Madonna was hardly 'notorious,' in my opinion.

Controversial, yes, but notorious is much harsher and much more divisive.

RAMROD

Madonna was hardly 'notorious,' in my opinion.

Controversial, yes, but notorious is much harsher and much more divisive.

To some other she is taken as notorious though.

I guess that's the way it is with Gaga too, she have this gimmick,

but some just don't get it hence accusations and banning.

Americano

All I'm saying is that it's never good to have such negative accusations about someone being played on TV 500x a day in 100+ countries.

Think of any trial you hear on the news, people always begin believing in what is being said to some degree or another. The longer this drags out, the more it defeats the purpose of Gaga's "media blackout."

Now it's like she never even left since they won't stop talking about the controversy.

giskardsb

I'm just scared a creepo will go to her concert and possibly kill her.. my biggest fear.

I think this is actually more likely in the US then anywhere else.

Americano

Beyonce went through the same **** in Malaysia in 2007 and 2009

https://www.google.c...iw=1162&bih=967

This isn't about Gaga personally as much as it's about Indonesia gradually joining Malaysia as a no-go country for Western pop stars.

But I thought Katy Perry just toured in Indonesia without much fanfare?

(I may be wrong about that)

giskardsb

I disagree. If anything Gaga is getting sympathizers. These fundamentalist are making themselves look so bad, that next to them, Gaga looks good.

The one getting hurt "big time" in all this is Indonesia. Rather than appearing forward looking and progressive as a muslim country they are looking to the world unstable and being controlled in the background by hardline fundamentalists. Western countries and companies will be thinking twice about investing any money there.

Al Queda isn't going to focus on the Sears Tower first, and fast food critics aren't going to focus on Burger King over McD. It's a matter is size not content.

Americano

The one getting hurt "big time" in all this is Indonesia. Rather than appearing forward looking and progressive as a muslim country they are looking to the world unstable and being controlled in the background by hardline fundamentalists. Western countries and companies will be thinking twice about investing any money there.

There was an article in BusinessWeek, which is an influential industry magazine in the US, slamming Indonesia actually. It's headline was saying how no one would should invest in a country that doesn't allow a Lady Gaga concert, as it's a statement on a lack of freedom of speech and in the long run, a lack of freedom in the context of commercial enterprise.

(Just thought I'd chime in with that, I was happy to see it.)

Al Queda isn't going to focus on the Sears Tower first, and fast food critics aren't going to focus on Burger King over McD. It's a matter is size not content.

Fair enough

Yes, and from now on we can tell American Christian zealots they are acting like Islamic terrorists if they mess with Gaga.

RAMROD

Lady Gaga is the first ever artist to go this serious controversy in Indonesia.

PCD, Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Katy Perry to name some have been there without any protests.

giskardsb

Lady Gaga is the first ever artist to go this serious controversy in Indonesia.

PCD, Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Katy Perry to name some have been there without any protests.

Many are saying that a few years ago this would not have been an issue, but that hardline elements have been slowly infiltrating and coercing the government and it's been getting worse. There are also political issues apparently, power struggles between the army and the national police, government corruption, etc.

Normally, the amount of money involved and the probable loss of tourism and foreign investment would have outweighed all other factors in a capitalist democracy. So if the government is knuckling under, then Indonesian hardliners have more influence than maybe any thought they did.

Archived